If bulls fire gar, who do you want as gm?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If the bulls fire gar and/or pax, who do you want as gm?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jerry West

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Everything depends on if Pax stays or not. IMO, nothing matters unless Pax gets either fired, or at least, DEMOTED. Make him head of scouting, say he is stepping down so he can spend more time with family, whatever to save egos. None of us GAF.

BJ was a name thrown out before Pax was promoted. BJ ***STILL*** would be a upgrade. But IMO, BJ needs some more grooming than a lot may like to admit, which is why he was passed on before.

I'm hoping the Bulls can poach one of the up-and-comers away from some of the teams doing the right things, before they are studs and locked into the high end roles on said teams.

If you want a safe choice, but a shake-everything up move(which is the only way out of this mess), I would give Doc Rivers this GM job based on stipulation he also has a say in the VP signing. I don't want him as a coach, he is okay, but I think he would be a better executive TBH. He seems to have a lot of loyal high-regarded peep in the league that will go the extra mile for him. I think he could patch this leaky wall up with a lot of upgrades because of his networking and experience (which is why I call him 'safe').

The Knicks VDN'ed Mike Miller. He was on my radar for a while as a low-groom GM. Don't judge him on the Knicks mess, he's one of the few sane people there, and possibly not HC material, but executive gold (unless he gets tainted, likely). I think he could be poached no problem.

If the Bulls need to hire *INSIDE* the family, they're kind of screwed because of how toxic the Bulls have built their reputation.

Yeah. I *don't* have a good answer off the top of my head, only things that I consider an honest upgrade. Everyone I like gets snatched up fairly quick, and as a fan, how much deep research can I do? Maybe just mindlessly echo the PR heads on whatever names are floated by Jerry's people like everyone else come May?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everything depends on if Pax stays or not. IMO, nothing matters unless Pax gets either fired, or at least, DEMOTED. Make him head of scouting, say he is stepping down so he can spend more time with family, whatever to save egos. None of us GAF.

BJ was a name thrown out before Pax was promoted. BJ ***STILL*** would be a upgrade. But IMO, BJ needs some more grooming than a lot may like to admit, which is why he was passed on before.

I'm hoping the Bulls can poach one of the up-and-comers away from some of the teams doing the right things, before they are studs and locked into the high end roles on said teams.

If you want a safe choice, but a shake-everything up move(which is the only way out of this mess), I would give Doc Rivers this GM job based on stipulation he also has a say in the VP signing. I don't want him as a coach, he is okay, but I think he would be a better executive TBH. He seems to have a lot of loyal high-regarded peep in the league that will go the extra mile for him. I think he could patch this leaky wall up with a lot of upgrades because of his networking and experience (which is why I call him 'safe').

The Knicks VDN'ed Mike Miller. He was on my radar for a while as a low-groom GM. Don't judge him on the Knicks mess, he's one of the few sane people there, and possibly not HC material, but executive gold (unless he gets tainted, likely). I think he could be poached no problem.

If the Bulls need to hire *INSIDE* the family, they're kind of screwed because of how toxic the Bulls have built their reputation.

Yeah. I *don't* have a good answer off the top of my head, only things that I consider an honest upgrade. Everyone I like gets snatched up fairly quick, and as a fan, how much deep research can I do? Maybe just mindlessly echo the PR heads on whatever names are floated by Jerry's people like everyone else come May?

This.......who the hell would want to come here?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s not called garpax for nothing. Gar is just the buffer to pax so that the media can’t make his ptsd from all the shitty teams he builds flair out

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Cowley was on the radio not too long ago and he mentioned that the only reason Pax has been around a lot more is because he knows he has a GM who nobody trusts. You can't put Gar out there in front of the media, because not only is he bad in front of the media, According to Joe, Paxson would be much more happier in the VP role where he's not out in public.

Now, feel free to trash Cowley if you want, because we know he has anti-Reinsdorf bias, or something. Because Jerry sucks and is cheap and doesn't care, but we shouldn't let Joe Cowley talk bad about him. I think I have that right.

Anyways, the long and short of it is that John Paxson isn't going anywhere until he wants to retire. Get over it.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

exactly, and BJ stuck for a couple of years scouting, but ultimately left because of it.

I can completely understand why they did not want any scum (residue) from Krause left in that front office when he was nice enough to resign, but I thought part of his resigning was thinking BJ was getting the job.

No, gotta be a bandaid and rip the fucker off to get both Pax and Gar out of it. Hell, half of me thinks Paxson has a problem that its GarPax not PaxGar.

Either way, BJ is no longer just the agent for Derrick Rose (which is why he would never return here) but Denzel Valentine, Javale McGee, Josh Jackson and a bunch of African Named players, so he is probably not available, he is on the other side.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'd love to have Masai Ujiri, but the Bulls would have to bring in the brinks truck to get him and this organization is to cheap for that.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As long as Paxton is where he is, I stop caring. He was alright as a GM, but moving him up year after year I feel was a mistake. His best two picks are somewhere else.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I kind of want kevin pritchard. I know he made the ultimate sin in drafting oden over durant, but he did rip pax off in the alridghe-thomas trade.