If Mitch Struggles should the Bears sign Kaepernick?

Would you be upset if the Bears signed Colin Kaepernick?

• Total voters

msadows

Liked Posts:
Im sure we can lure jay cutler out of retirement.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fuck why didn't I think of us begging for Matt Cassell.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I bet if we try really hard we could beg pace to take a look at Tony Romo. Maybe. Possibly.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Special person is at it again ITT. Take a guess who I’m talking about.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So you point to Kapernick and talk about winning.... he started 11 games and they won 1, he had a completion rate of 59%, if you want to pretend that he was playing well, go right ahead..... :unsure:

So you point to Kapernick and talk about winning
I said I was sick of losing drama

I see u avoided / skipped over these facts.....
The guy had 16Tds vs 4 picks his last year on team gutted of talent ( and lost Jim Harbaugh).

AND.....we just lose consistently while ownership collects millions$$$. With no plan or commitment to winning and getting back to the SB. I'm sick of the losing drama.

Mdbearz.......1)take a look at Kap's full resume of accomplishments (i.e. SB appearance) 2) which recent Bear Qb's match his resume?? All valid points to be addressed.:unsure:

Last edited:

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
This team is a big enough circus as is... no thanks.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
His final year his whole team was bad but his QB passing rating was still rated 17th.
And he's ranked 23rd all time in passer rating . But we better keep all this between us. ? ?

He definitely has the talent. 3 NFC championship games and 1 Super Bowl appearance. How many QBs in the league have this on their resume? Maybe 5????
we better keep all this between us. ?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This team is a big enough circus as is... no thanks.

Well I'm sick of the losing circus with NO plan for a commitment to winning. If Kap came here ( which he won't)......we could at least have a Qb competition for the starters role. Who ever loses sits on the bench.

Bottom line....I don't want the Qb position just HANDED to someone. I want us with a playmaking Qb, who can compete for the position. And let the best man win

Last edited:

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Well I'm sick of the losing circus with NO plan for a commitment to winning. If Kap came here ( which he won't)......we could at least have a Qb competition for the starters role. Who ever loses sits on the bench

There can be a qb competition without a guy that hasnt played in 3 years and has more baggage than talent. This season is over..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There can be a qb competition without a guy that hasnt played in 3 years and has more baggage than talent. This season is over..

Ownership will never bring in Kap and it's got nothing to with 3 yrs. away.

Bottom line....I don't want the Qb position just HANDED to someone. I want us with a playmaking Qb, who can compete for the position. And let the best man win

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ownership will never bring in Kap and it's got nothing to with 3 yrs. away.

the last time the Chicago Bears did this, in 2008, it was between Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton. shellshocked shithead that goes "fuck it I'm throwing deep" or super immobile armpunt dude that can at least process the game. neither one was taking the team to the playoffs. but hell it sparked a lot of controversy and suspense in the preseason! (it accomplished nothing but bury the former 1st round pick that was carried to a Super Bowl, OOPS). people are still clamoring about how Jay Cutler was a downgrade (he wasn't), and I have to believe he would probably be killing it in this system cause he can actually do shit that Trubisky probably never will.

I'm sure Kaepernick can be obtained for little money, and I think it's a shitty deal how the entire league wrote him off for some bullshit Fox News/Trump narrative, but he's not going to be the difference maker you think he is.

I agree with the previous points that this team is already a circus and he's been on the shelf for a long time. now please everyone stop fucking talking about Kaepernick now. his time came and went.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some keep talking about him being benched. Fact....he sat out cuz he was injured. When he was healthy, he was reinstated as the starter. The Bears aren't gonna sign him. However, I'm sick of the " distractions and baggage" caused by us having no commitment to winning

We might draft some stiff, immobile, non-playmaking Qb who needs perfect wr's and OL to be decent.
I keep seeing this. Lynch has said the plan was to cut Kaep so who cares about the injury or benching. He was going to get cut bc they didn’t feel he would “fit” with the offense

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I keep seeing this. Lynch has said the plan was to cut Kaep so who cares about the injury or benching. He was going to get cut bc they didn’t feel he would “fit” with the offense

There was a lotta political stuff going on with that team that goes beyond Kap. Ask yourself......how do they let SB HC Jim Harbaugh get away? No he didn't wanna go they pushed him out.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
the last time the Chicago Bears did this, in 2008, it was between Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton. shellshocked shithead that goes "fuck it I'm throwing deep" or super immobile armpunt dude that can at least process the game. neither one was taking the team to the playoffs. but hell it sparked a lot of controversy and suspense in the preseason! (it accomplished nothing but bury the former 1st round pick that was carried to a Super Bowl, OOPS). people are still clamoring about how Jay Cutler was a downgrade (he wasn't), and I have to believe he would probably be killing it in this system cause he can actually do shit that Trubisky probably never will.

I'm sure Kaepernick can be obtained for little money, and I think it's a shitty deal how the entire league wrote him off for some bullshit Fox News/Trump narrative, but he's not going to be the difference maker you think he is.

I agree with the previous points that this team is already a circus and he's been on the shelf for a long time. now please everyone stop fucking talking about Kaepernick now. his time came and went.

Cutler was a downgrade (he wasn't),
jay was a loser & non-leader..... with a bad attitude who collected a lotta $$$$ from us for nothing. That's a fact. As for Kap, I never said he was a "difference maker".

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Should they? Sure.

Will they or any NFL team for that matter? Hell no.

Kaep is going to sue the league again for collusion. In the last lawsuit, which the league settled, they forgot to include all future collusion activities. It was a pretty big miss on the NFL's side which they tried to rectify by getting him to sign some crazy waiver in his last workout.

Anyway, the league colluded. That's why they settled. Until they change their stance he'll never be employed as an NFL player.

BTW for all the people that hate Colin sure he's done a lot of weird things (Che shirt, pig socks, etc...) he's also lead one of the largest SUCCESSFUL, NON-VIOLENT protests against racial inequality within America. Let's be honest, minorities do get a different treatment in America. Their fear/frustration could easily turn to violence, which helps no one. His protests avoided violence at all turns, which I actually respect.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kaepernick's stats the last year he played are actually worse than Trubisky's in several, if not most, categories this year...