If the Bears fire Helfrich/Hiestand....

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Assume the Bears deposit these guys in the trash can, who are the upgrades that would want to come here? Do OCs want to work with Nagy and not call plays? Or join the staff of someone whose offense looked like an NCAA team going against the pros?

OL might be an easier hire, but no matter what, guys need to perform better there. I think they both need to go, although I think Harry ends up getting the axe. I wouldn’t be completely shocked if they both came back, Mitch was the starter, and we keep rolling along in the twilight zone.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Remember how hard it was for Lovie to find a legit OC? You can guarantee Nagy will not even look for a legit OC never mind get a legit OC. This is Nagy's offense, and the OC firing will be nothing but smoke when it happens. The new OC will be completely irrelevant to 2020 no matter what.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dump them and just elevate Ragone. Helfrich may only be OC in name but a gadget OC that's in love with the spread and trick plays is probably not the best influence for Nagy. He needs a more grounded OC that gets the NFL. Remember when he was in Nagy's face while making another poor game decision while Helfrich is there going, Umm, Yup, more of that.

I doubt a top OC takes the job because Nagy is not giving up his O.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It shouldn't be 'IF' , it should be 'When'...they fire Hiestand.
Agreed, I think it should have already happened, this is the same guy that took that very good 2005 O-line and turned them into crap. Why the hell he was given a second chance, I have no idea, but he needs to go before the end of the season, and let Donovan Raiola finish the season and earn a shot at the job.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears obviously won’t be able to get an experienced OC but I’d be fine with getting an up and coming RB or OL coach looking for the title of OC as he climbs the NFL ranks. Someone with experience in the ground game would help counteract Nagy’s passing tendencies.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Assume the Bears deposit these guys in the trash can, who are the upgrades that would want to come here? Do OCs want to work with Nagy and not call plays? Or join the staff of someone whose offense looked like an NCAA team going against the pros?

OL might be an easier hire, but no matter what, guys need to perform better there. I think they both need to go, although I think Harry ends up getting the axe. I wouldn’t be completely shocked if they both came back, Mitch was the starter, and we keep rolling along in the twilight zone.

Coaches need to go especially on offense no matter what IMO. Nagy needs to hand off the play calling duties as well and i think he should have a say with who they bring in to do that but Pace needs to man up on this one and fire some guys no matter what Nagy feels about it. I do think there's plenty of coaches that would want to come here but not any guys that have plenty of OC experience calling plays if they're just gonna come here to have the OC title but not actually be able to call plays. I like Windy's idea with going after B.Callahan if he leaves Wash which usually happens when a coach steps into that interim HC position during the year to take place of the HC that got fired. But has he ever been a play caller before? I know he was the HC for the Raiders and maybe even another team besides Wash but it didn't last long and don't know if he was calling plays or not. We also just can't bring in someone to call plays if they don't fit the kind of offense Nagy wants to run or things could get bad if the HC and OC don't see eye to eye.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Coaches need to go especially on offense no matter what IMO. Nagy needs to hand off the play calling duties as well and i think he should have a say with who they bring in to do that but Pace needs to man up on this one and fire some guys no matter what Nagy feels about it. I do think there's plenty of coaches that would want to come here but not any guys that have plenty of OC experience calling plays if they're just gonna come here to have the OC title but not actually be able to call plays. I like Windy's idea with going after B.Callahan if he leaves Wash which usually happens when a coach steps into that interim HC position during the year to take place of the HC that got fired. But has he ever been a play caller before? I know he was the HC for the Raiders and maybe even another team besides Wash but it didn't last long and don't know if he was calling plays or not. We also just can't bring in someone to call plays if they don't fit the kind of offense Nagy wants to run or things could get bad if the HC and OC don't see eye to eye.
What about the GM?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed, I think it should have already happened, this is the same guy that took that very good 2005 O-line and turned them into crap. Why the hell he was given a second chance, I have no idea, but he needs to go before the end of the season, and let Donovan Raiola finish the season and earn a shot at the job.

It's pretty obvious that Leno and Massie took steps backwards this year. Neither have ever been great but they were both good enough to win with and to get new contracts and then this year happened. If it is Heistand then there's a good chance that he's hurting J.Daniels as well and that would also be a big hit to this team if we don't get this kid playing to his potential. I don't think he'll be a bust but a bad OL coach could be the difference in him being average to good to great. The only guy i have no worries about is Whitehair, besides his snapping the ball that is but i even think he'll get that under control after another game or two of doing it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pace needs to tell Nagy to suck it up and give up playcalling duties to hire a good OC.

But if not Ragone, it will likely be an up and comer from the Reid coaching tree. I don't see the offense making a wholesale change in philosophy. But Nagy needs to step back and just focus on being a HC.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy will get a second chance he wasn't given much on offense to run his system but I'm disappointed he didn't adapt at all this year.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pace needs to tell Nagy to suck it up and give up playcalling duties to hire a good OC.

But if not Ragone, it will likely be an up and comer from the Reid coaching tree. I don't see the offense making a wholesale change in philosophy. But Nagy needs to step back and just focus on being a HC.

Nagy needs to hire a mentor at offensive coordinator someone like Anthony Lynn.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I would agree, but Nagy sucks at in game management. His situational football and in game decisions are legitimately worse than Fox. His best trait is bro bro rah rah feel good shit and trick plays that the league has already figured out.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Just stop. Pace and Nagy have to fix this. Nobody Worth a damn will come to this shitshow, at least not willingly. They have to fix this mess themselves, or both take a hike.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Pace brought Nagy in to call plays. If he has to hand this over, what is the point of Nagy?