If Trevathan and Daniels Were Injured Last Night.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Every single coach who is playing their starters in preseason should be fired! Lions losing a starting LB and OL last night for what?? 10-15 “reps” in a meaningless game?

The risk is nowhere near the payoff. If the bears lost Trevathan and Daniels for week 1 even, the odds of beating the Packers drop significantly. Kwit would get eaten alive in the pass game, Bears would have to switch Whitehair back to center, and play who?? at LG.. snaps and run game would suffer.

Great job Nagy and Co. Patricia is horrible. First coach fired this year??

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Every single coach who is playing their starters in preseason should be fired! Lions losing a starting LB and OL last night for what?? 10-15 “reps” in a meaningless game?

The risk is nowhere near the payoff. If the bears lost Trevathan and Daniels for week 1 even, the odds of beating the Packers drop significantly. Kwit would get eaten alive in the pass game, Bears would have to switch Whitehair back to center, and play who?? at LG.. snaps and run game would suffer.

But it would make no difference if the both were hurt on their respective first plays of the regular season? What about if they get hurt in practice, which is no different than a practice game

Last edited:

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

It makes me appreciate Nagy's strategy of not playing any starters in the preseason even more. It's not going to be long until the entire NFL adopts it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But it would make no differ nice if the both were hurt on their respective first plays of the regular season? What about if they get hurt in practice, which is no different than a practice game
LOL are you Matt Patricia?
"Guys can get injured during practice, guys can get injured during the game. I mean, it’s football, to some aspects of it."- M Patricia after the game.

Lions coach Matt Patricia said Davis and Ragnow are headed for more testing Saturday, and while he didn't want to speculate on the nature of the injuries, he said he had no regrets about playing his starters in a mostly meaningless game.

"I think we can argue either side of the coin on all this," Patricia said. "Hindsight is 20-20. So for us, we try to stick to the plan. We’re looking at reps, we’re looking at numbers, we’re looking at possibilities of when we can get guys out there, when we think they’ve had enough during the course of the week to take a look at it. Guys can get injured during practice, guys can get injured during the game. I mean, it’s football, to some aspects of it. Injuries are part of the game and that’s something that we all have to deal with."

This guy is John Fox incarnate. Same steadfast refusal to admit a mistake in judgement or to recognize a regrettable decision. Got to love it for the Lions fans

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Lions LB group was already weak and thin. This means their starting ILBs are probably Christian Jones and a rookie from Hawaii who they reached for.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
"Guys can get injured during practice, guys can get injured during the game. I mean, it’s football, to some aspects of it."- M Patricia after the game.

Lions coach Matt Patricia said Davis and Ragnow are headed for more testing Saturday, and while he didn't want to speculate on the nature of the injuries, he said he had no regrets about playing his starters in a mostly meaningless game.

"I think we can argue either side of the coin on all this," Patricia said. "Hindsight is 20-20. So for us, we try to stick to the plan. We’re looking at reps, we’re looking at numbers, we’re looking at possibilities of when we can get guys out there, when we think they’ve had enough during the course of the week to take a look at it. Guys can get injured during practice, guys can get injured during the game. I mean, it’s football, to some aspects of it. Injuries are part of the game and that’s something that we all have to deal with."

This guy is John Fox incarnate. Same steadfast refusal to admit a mistake in judgement or to recognize a regrettable decision. Got to love it for the Lions fans
Getting fired now or mid season or next year....
Lions should just fire his fat ass now. Whats the difference?

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
But it would make no differ nice if the both were hurt on their respective first plays of the regular season? What about if they get hurt in practice, which is no different than a practice game
Not true at all. Live action has so many more risks than practicing in a controlled environment.

Getting hurt on the first play? Ok but at this point the risk (injury) is not greater than the payoff (a regular season win)... duh! If they are injured in regular season just have to take your lumps but not a bad organizational decision.

It is about mitigating risk vs. payoff... any Manager of anything understands this. Have you ever managed anything?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I do think some guys are more injury prone than others so maybe they would get injured eventually. Might as well have it be in the regular season.

Really is annoying though having to wait so long to see our starters in action, although I think it's the right decision.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It makes me appreciate Nagy's strategy of not playing any starters in the preseason even more. It's not going to be long until the entire NFL adopts it.
Then the whole NFL will have to change the way they sell preseason games again. I think it’s great to have starters play a little the first 3 games in the preseason....game play and live tackling needs to be practiced before the start of the regular season. It’s been going on for a long time and the injuries are far less than in the regular season.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Newton was injured this week after taking a beating by the Pats.

Winston was sacked 5 times last night against the Browns and took some big hits.

Mayfield was out there without any of his main weapons and looked like absolute shit. Suh planted him with a late hit too. The initial contact wasn’t that bad but he landed on Byron Leftwich and both of them could have been injured.

I’m not sure why any of these coaches would subject their QB1 to these situations.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

You will never be able to predict when an injury will occur. Acting like you will prevent injuries to a starter because you didn’t play them in the preseason is asinine...why even practice?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LMFAO......

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Lol, are you serious? He is correct though. Injuries do happen and it is a part of the game. But let’s not worry about the guys that are trying to make the nfl any way they can right, they are just fodder anyways. Injuries are going to happen even though we don’t want them to.......The Bears have been quite lucky over the years huh?

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am definitely in the crowd that is just fine with Nagy's strategy this year of not playing your starters much or at all in the preseason. No use getting key guys injured in a meaningless game that also is not really practicing what you would do in the regular season. I mean, that's the other aspect to this right? They keep everything vanilla to not give away new wrinkles in their schemes either. At least in practice or joint practices, you are actually working on stuff you will use in the regular season.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Then along the lines of what you get out of the preseason in the modern NFL, I think it was Chris Carter the other day that said there are really only two outcomes that really get noticed for most guys and teams. Did you get hurt and did you play bad? If you managed to play and no one got hurt you won regardless of score. If you had key people play really bad then that is a concern due to most teams not really game planning or using their full playbook.

So, I did not watch any games last night, but it sounds like the Bucs offensive line, Winston, and Mayfield all did not have good games. But, at least they did not get hurt.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lol, are you serious? He is correct though. Injuries do happen and it is a part of the game. But let’s not worry about the guys that are trying to make the nfl any way they can right, they are just fodder anyways. Injuries are going to happen even though we don’t want them to.......The Bears have been quite lucky over the years huh?
That's like saying guys die in combat, so why not train with live rounds. And while we are at it, lets let our elite trained SEALs mix it up with Joe Bob fresh off the farm haphazardly aiming his gun at everyone. What is the point of putting a proven commodity in undue harms way?

And no one is saying it doesn't suck for the low level player getting injured, but he needs the reps to prove his value and the risk is a calculated need. Do you think the Lions starting center needed reps when he got rolled up by the back up Bills DE?

The controlled scrimmage Nagy ran is the perfect play. Get them moving fast and thinking fast, just limit the risk the best you can.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I was so happy the Lions hired him and get bonus giggles all the time. Between Patricia and nc0herent the Lions have brought many smiles to this board.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That's like saying guys die in combat, so why not train with live rounds. And while we are at it, lets let our elite trained SEALs mix it up with Joe Bob fresh off the farm haphazardly aiming his gun at everyone. What is the point of putting a proven commodity in undue harms way?

And no one is saying it doesn't suck for the low level player getting injured, but he needs the reps to prove his value and the risk is a calculated need. Do you think the Lions starting center needed reps when he got rolled up by the back up Bills DE?

The controlled scrimmage Nagy ran is the perfect play. Get them moving fast and thinking fast, just limit the risk the best you can.
No it is not the same, not even close...that is just fucking stupid. This is not a war or military action. To compare the 2 is beyond idiotic. So you don’t care if they get hurt so long as it’s not against an opponent. When do games become meaningless for an NFL team? When teams are ahead by 35 points and the starters are still in do you cringe? No matter what nobody will agree 100%

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The thing I like most about Nagy is he’s constantly re-evaluating. If this doesn’t work this year I’m sure he’ll tweak it some next year. This is in stark contrast to the idiots like Fox who never change.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you took an extreme comparison too literally.