If Trubisky isn’t our Guy

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Look...Trubs may never be the best thing since sliced bread. He may even be the worst of the 3 top QBs drafted that year. But Thursdays debacle wasnt because Mitch sucks.

He got zero real reps throwing in preseason. The offense came out very rusty, to say the least. That, combined with Nagy's atrocious play calling, we're the main factors in that game. Mitch didnt play well. But you can only polish a turd so much. He was going to look bad no matter what in that game...

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
Bears Have a Super Bowl caliber defense and cant lets this opportunity go to waste. If Trubisky isn’t our guy then we need to look at his replacement quick.
Of the qb’s that’s will be available in the draft Jake Fromm may be the most NFL ready. (Not necessarily highest ceiling). his Leadership skills are his biggest asset and he should be able to come in and be a plug and play system guy for Nagy. He has shown he can make big throws and lead a championship caliber team.
Bears do not have a 1st rd pick but Fromm is projected to go in the late end of the first. If Bears make a package of our 2 seconds we could easily get int reach to pick him up. Ryan Pace has shown a love for GA players and I could see Ryan Pace really falling in love with this guy.
So we gonna get a new qb this year and learn the system in a week?...your dreamin....Mitch is another career backup who didnt turn the corner in his 3rd year. But the playcalling was way worse than the damn passing for sure.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look...Trubs may never be the best thing since sliced bread. He may even be the worst of the 3 top QBs drafted that year. But Thursdays debacle wasnt because Mitch sucks.

He got zero real reps throwing in preseason. The offense came out very rusty, to say the least. That, combined with Nagy's atrocious play calling, we're the main factors in that game. Mitch didnt play well. But you can only polish a turd so much. He was going to look bad no matter what in that game...

There is some truth here. So far, Nagy has mishandled the season. The offense should have likely had more reps in preseason. Nagy called a bad game. I think the Bears read too many press clippings. Things need to take a huge turn and they very well might. And if Nagy calls a better game, which he can certainly do, then MT has to really step up. It’s only one game in but Nagy and MT gave fans reason to be skittish.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch is not as good as Mahomes or Watson. But he isn't bad. He seems rather average. And having a
att/comp yards TD Int
26/4522801
game
Is hardly awful. Bad, below average sure. But it's a single game.
Now he faces Fangio next which probably won't help him. But then gets Washington.
So lets see his stats after 3 games before we judge him the 2nd worst QB in the game. Because he sure looks a lot more like Mayfield and they listed him 10th best for no damn real reason.
And Holding penalties, pushing off, pass interference calls and sure doesn't help him a whole lot. Mitch needs to stop changing RPOs to passes all the time too.

Look at the game instead of the stat line. He was utterly lost when it mattered. Good QBs feel like they have at least some control of a game. Trubisky was hopeless.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Look at the game instead of the stat line. He was utterly lost when it mattered. Good QBs feel like they have at least some control of a game. Trubisky was hopeless.

I did watch the game. I saw holding penalties, pushing off, pass interference, fumbled hand offs, Shaheens catch no catch, a LOT of O-line growing pains, far too many passes and far too little runs. And the fact that the Packers have been relentlessly upgrading their secondary and it is not nearly as bad as ppl claim. What I am not gonna see is what your "gut" feeling of performance in the game was. Because "gut" feelings are biased.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I did watch the game. I saw holding penalties, pushing off, pass interference, fumbled hand offs, Shaheens catch no catch, a LOT of O-line growing pains, far too many passes and far too little runs. And the fact that the Packers have been relentlessly upgrading their secondary and it is not nearly as bad as ppl claim. What I am not gonna see is what your "gut" feeling of performance in the game was. Because "gut" feelings are biased.

As I said, good QBs make something happen. Trubisky looked lost and never in control.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
As I said, good QBs make something happen. Trubisky looked lost and never in control.
Again... no one is saying Mitch is a "good" QB. And your opinion of him looking lost and never in control is just gonna have be your own "bad" opinion. Indecisive at times, yes. He made a few throws with great conviction. And had some good plays wiped out by other players mistakes. He had a few bad throws, and a few bad decisions too. Average. And yet it's pretty obvious that had he chose run on more of those RPOs things would have gone better.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Derek Carr is worse than bad Truibisky
Agree, Derek Carr sucks so bad. Even Cooper looked bad with Carr as the QB. They shipped Cooper out thinking it was Cooper but no it is Carr. I guarantee you that the first meeting Antonio Brown had with Carr when he met him at his house, he did not like Carr's personality and Brown decided he made a mistake and would try everything to get the Raiders to release him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If Trubisky does not improve this year, only option is a veteran. Forget the draft, have to win now with this defense now. Bears should have done a better job at the 3rd QB spot with a young QB prospect this year.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Again... no one is saying Mitch is a "good" QB. And your opinion of him looking lost and never in control is just gonna have be your own "bad" opinion. Indecisive at times, yes. He made a few throws with great conviction. And had some good plays wiped out by other players mistakes. He had a few bad throws, and a few bad decisions too. Average. And yet it's pretty obvious that had he chose run on more of those RPOs things would have gone better.
You are never going to get anywhere with the wanker. Nothing Mitch could do will ever be good enough. There is always an excuse. Mitch could have a game like the Tampa game last year and the wanker will never give him credit....he hopes that Mitch fails so he can gloat

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
You are never going to get anywhere with the wanker. Nothing Mitch could do will ever be good enough. There is always an excuse. Mitch could have a game like the Tampa game last year and the wanker will never give him credit....he hopes that Mitch fails so he can gloat

I am not trying to convince him of anything really. I'm just explaining my position. And whoever else that reads the comments can and will formulate their own opinions. After all I am merely giving my own opinion. I can give him credit though, Mitch is no where near what I thought he'd be. I thought he would be far better than he is. I do hope for the Bears sake Mitch can progress to above average because if he can't the team is screwed. And while Bearmick takes pleasure in it, I do not.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I am not trying to convince him of anything really. I'm just explaining my position. And whoever else that reads the comments can and will formulate their own opinions. After all I am merely giving my own opinion. I can give him credit though, Mitch is no where near what I thought he'd be. I thought he would be far better than he is. I do hope for the Bears sake Mitch can progress to above average because if he can't the team is screwed. And while Bearmick takes pleasure in it, I do not.
Yes, it doesn’t matter to some of the meatballs......most of the Bear fans want all our players to do well but some would rather Mitch fail. The same excuses used for any other quarterback don’t hold true for Mitch....he has to be perfect and still the wanker would fine something wrong like his chin strap was not white enough.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Especially his, his gut feeling was that Kap was going to revolutionize football ... wait, I guess he was right.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Here's my thought hang on to Trubz.....but look for a young Qb to groom behind he and Daniel. I don't subscribe to taking some other teams "veteran garbage Qb". We did that already for 8yrs. when we took Denver's "veteran garbage Qb". Anybody remember?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Lol that you actually think I want Trubisky to fail. There are so many irrational kids on this forum.
Big difference in taking pleasure in being right about a player not above average or better. And taking pleasure in them failing. Yet another nuance lost on you.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Big difference in taking pleasure in being right about a player not above average or better. And taking pleasure in them failing. Yet another nuance lost on you.

No, it's not a nuance lost on me, it's a dumb thought on your part. If you were at my bar on Thursday night you would not be claiming that I take pleasure in Trubisky sucking. It's just something you've pulled out of your ass on a message board.

GTRPLAYA2

Liked Posts:
With Brees about to retire in a couple yrs. , Bridgewater would be nuts to leave.

True, Unless he has a better chance to start now with a Great Defense.... But this is all speculation and wishful thinking. The Bears are ride or die with Trushitsky.