CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Third choice on the poll needs to start being funnier.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Blazers seem to have our number. Maybe Taj will do a better job on Aldridge though.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So basically we haven't beaten them since Rose had healthy knees...
Well healthy. They lost to them in 2012 before Rose tore his ACL, but he was always injured that season.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just remember how Portland's whole team was in a shooting rhythm last time. Contested, uncontested, they were hitting. So my guess is Thibs over-analyzes that footage and opens up the paint for them this game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just remember how Portland's whole team was in a shooting rhythm last time. Contested, uncontested, they were hitting. So my guess is Thibs over-analyzes that footage and opens up the paint for them this game.
Other than Lillard though, there's not a ton of slashers on this team. Batum and Matthews hoist a lot of 3s. Aldridge likes to hang on the perimeter. Lopez is containable regardless. Their bench guys are more shooters. But I bet they can all adjust if we're overcommitting to the 3. I wonder which way Portland will slice and dice the D this game.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well, they have, in my opinion, the best training staff in the league for shooting. When they got injury bugs every year, they decided to invest in shooting coaches, and it has payed off. So you have a bench of under the radar players that can hit their open shots on any given night. We're not built to match their style, but we can screw them up in a technical game, if guys like Kirk and Taj can stay cool, if Jimmy's shoulder is better and he can get to the line. Stuff like that is what we'll need.

IDK, I think this is going to be a hard to watch game for Bulls fans, but that doesn't mean I think we'll lose. It's close for sure.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We should steal some of their shooting coaches...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
We should, or hire our own before the rest of the NBA completely depletes the elite class of shooting coaches from independent and college programs.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls can easily get kicked around in this one. Blazers just came off an embarrassing loss vs. Minnesota. They will take it to the Bulls (especially Aldridge who is coming off a bad game and always lights up the Bulls).

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blazers seem to have our number. Maybe Taj will do a better job on Aldridge though.

Noah roams a lot on defense. I'd much rather have Taj or Pau assigned to Aldridge because you can't give that guy any clear look at the rim or it will be a lob or easy J.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Noah roams a lot on defense. I'd much rather have Taj or Pau assigned to Aldridge because you can't give that guy any clear look at the rim or it will be a lob or easy J.
Noah's instinct is to protect the rim, so he tends to act as a weak side defender when he plays guys like Aldridge. Unfortunately, Aldridge just gets open jumpers off of this type of defense. However, his mobility makes him better suited to guard a guy like Aldridge compared to Gasol, who is ridiculously slow. Perhaps Gibson can be more disciplined with sticking on Aldridge instead of going over to help, but ultimately, that may be a coaching point. One of those "just don't leave Aldridge open" things.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Noah's instinct is to protect the rim, so he tends to act as a weak side defender when he plays guys like Aldridge. Unfortunately, Aldridge just gets open jumpers off of this type of defense. However, his mobility makes him better suited to guard a guy like Aldridge compared to Gasol, who is ridiculously slow. Perhaps Gibson can be more disciplined with sticking on Aldridge instead of going over to help, but ultimately, that may be a coaching point. One of those "just don't leave Aldridge open" things.

I love Noah and everything, but he tends to get overly emotional when somebody he's guarding starts going off on him. He starts complaining to the refs and ultimately ends up getting benched. He is capable of sticking to Aldridge but he usually gets lit up by him. I'd rather have Gasol on Aldridge and let Noah defend the lane and the rim by assigning him to Robin Lopez (who is also just too big/athletic for a guy like Gasol).

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love Noah and everything, but he tends to get overly emotional when somebody he's guarding starts going off on him. He starts complaining to the refs and ultimately ends up getting benched. He is capable of sticking to Aldridge but he usually gets lit up by him. I'd rather have Gasol on Aldridge and let Noah defend the lane and the rim by assigning him to Robin Lopez (who is also just too big/athletic for a guy like Gasol).
Is that why Nene owned him?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Noah is out again.