Illegal chop blocks

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were doin this shit all game long, dirty Raiders

Yeah...its why they aren't as good of a match up for the Bears as some teams. The Raiders have stayed a bigger faster stronger team and with Grudens prodding the Bears can't overwhelm them with speed, technique, and team unity like they can some teams.

It was in fact the other way around at times with some key guys hurt or limited. We had our moments but they weren't panicked like some teams, and even then they did get flustered for a bit and almost lose. But Carr vs Daniel is not a fair fight.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I was calling it all game this was a trap game defense just wanted to come out of this game with limbs and alive. Mack didnt actually give a fuck about beating them he isn't that type of person he is way smarter and controlled. Bears defense will be fine. Lets just hope the offense can progress some how.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just watching that made me cringe. I don't see how an obvious lunging 300+ lineman is not called every single time it happens as these are the types of plays that take players out for years.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
This happened repeatedly in the first half. The announcers kept giving the Raiders run game a lot of credit, but never once said anything about the illegal blocks. By the time Eddie visibly complained about it, I'd mentioned it three or four times to the guys I was watchin the game with. And like the tweet says, the Raiders were flagged for it the very next play.

But another thing to keep in mind. The announcers and even guys on here have suggested that the Raiders fumble turnover was the turning point for that third quarter run that got us back in the game. But I'm just as certain that the penalty call and the Raiders knowing that they couldn't get away with the chop blocks any longer made a major impact in their run game. After that penalty, they struggled to run the ball as effectively until their late fourth quarter TD drive where they got one or two decent runs, but that was it.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting stuff here guys. I missed the first half (thankfully!?) but also didn't catch this big factor in them giving up 17.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Yurko was talking about this. He said the D line started going sideways instead of north/south. Called it a business decision, self preservation mode. Can’t argue with that.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think its pretty simple, you know these running backs hurdling corner backs will stop when someone takes a helmet to his sack. Same with the chop blocks, if he lays down, whoever is around the prick needs to step on his leg, ankle, foot, thigh, back, whatever is available. I am pretty sure it is something you have to stop yourself.