Illini BB

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They have enough talent to do some things this year, but what a terrible start.

Next year there will be no excuses at all. He'll have all the wings he needs to run two full groups out there with the pressure, he'll have two legit bigs, he'll have at least two guys who can distribute. If not this year, next year they have to be a legitimate top 25 type team or he should be gone.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kofi will probably win another B1G Freshman of the week. Andy Katz thinks he will be in the running for NCAA Freshman of the year

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this Illinois team is talented enough to go toe to toe with any team in the country. They just need to be concentrated the whole game. They always seem to have a bad half of basketball or a bad 10 minute stretch. Usually never a complete game. Glad to see the win last night. I still haven't gotten over those Miami and Maryland losses.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Losing those two games really put a damper on the early season, but after winning vs Michigan, the outlook changes (again). 1-1 in conference play with a win over #5 and a road loss by 1 at #4 feels better now. (Even though MD lost to Penn State making a close loss to MD not as easy to dismiss as OK).

As noted above, the Illini need to play focused and play a whole game each time out. If they do, they'll do well. They have looked much improved over the past couple weeks vs earlier in the year.

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
DePud would kick our ass back to the corn fields.
LOL. DePaul is better than they have been, but they wouldn’t beat Illinois let alone kick Illini ass back to the corn fields.

BTW, how is DePud going to kick “our” ass back to the cornfields? My playing days are long over. Are you on the team? Perhaps you’re an assistant coach with them? Who is this “we”?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. DePaul is better than they have been, but they wouldn’t beat Illinois let alone kick Illini ass back to the corn fields.

BTW, how is DePud going to kick “our” ass back to the cornfields? My playing days are long over. Are you on the team? Perhaps you’re an assistant coach with them? Who is this “we”?

It's the same "we" that exists on the Chicago Cubs......

Fans who actually think they are part of a sports team = Meatball

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's the same "we" that exists on the Chicago Cubs......

Fans who actually think they are part of a sports team = Meatball

I worry more about the people that have an issue with this.
Read a sports forum where people write "I don't think they will be able to run the ball because their d line is too good.", or some such shit. Never know who is who.

When the whole forum/thread exists for discussing one team, whose fans are posting, I can't for the life of me figure out why it's such a problem to call the team we're posting about "we".

I don't think I made a tackle or caught a TD pass or dunked a ball or hit a HR when I refer to a team as "we". But I sure don't have an issue with it.

Next we will hear bitching when fans chant "We're #1!", with the suggestion it be changed to "That team similarly attired in Orange and Blue is #1".

:)

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I worry more about the people that have an issue with this.
Read a sports forum where people write "I don't think they will be able to run the ball because their d line is too good.", or some such shit. Never know who is who.

When the whole forum/thread exists for discussing one team, whose fans are posting, I can't for the life of me figure out why it's such a problem to call the team we're posting about "we".

I don't think I made a tackle or caught a TD pass or dunked a ball or hit a HR when I refer to a team as "we". But I sure don't have an issue with it.

Next we will hear bitching when fans chant "We're #1!", with the suggestion it be changed to "That team similarly attired in Orange and Blue is #1".

:)
If he isn't donating to the I-Fund, it isn't a "we". That's as simple as it gets.