Imagine hatin on Allen Robinson last year despite coming back from a serious knee injury

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I mean this is the guy who thought Cam Meredith was a better player than Allen Robinson.

Oh I remember that.

Kinda glad we don't have Cam...AR is quite superior

msadows

Liked Posts:
But your logic makes no sense. Mahomes is not having a down year relative to other QBs. He is still performing like a top 10 QB even with the missed games and at a price tag of 4.5 million ie backup money.

By contrast, ARob was paid as a No 1 WR and was ranked in the 30s in yards and yards per game last year. So relative to his peers he had average production with an above average price tag.

Mahomes is pretty much the best bargain in the NFL from a production vs price tag perspective. To compare him to a WR with less than 800 yards last year who got paid 15.8 million last year is quite absurd.

And to end, I have never claimed Meredith was better than ARob. You are making stuff up.

err.....96ish starting WR's in the NFL. Since nearly every team utilizes a 3 WR set now.

32 starting QB's in the nfl.

Mahomes being ranked at about 10th in stats is equal to Robinson being ranked in the 30's. Means they were both in the top 1/3rd of starters in the league.

But okay.

Like I said, you're just pulling at straws now to prove your point. You love stats, you've always loved it. So I extrapolated data and you just made some bullshit up about health. When I brought up patty mahomes you say it makes no sense, but ugh...it does.

No one is saying Allen is the Pat Mahomes of WR's, what I'm saying is if you actually watch the games(Which I'm kinda convinced by now you don't), you would see that Robinson had a good season last year based on the circumstances.

The guy is not elite, but he is very very good, and he has been at this level for two years for the bears now, not just one.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
err.....96ish starting WR's in the NFL. Since nearly every team utilizes a 3 WR set now.

32 starting QB's in the nfl.

Mahomes being ranked at about 10th in stats is equal to Robinson being ranked in the 30's. Means they were both in the top 1/3rd of starters in the league.

But okay.

Like I said, you're just pulling at straws now to prove your point. You love stats, you've always loved it. So I extrapolated data and you just made some bullshit up about health. When I brought up patty mahomes you say it makes no sense, but ugh...it does.

No one is saying Allen is the Pat Mahomes of WR's, what I'm saying is if you actually watch the games(Which I'm kinda convinced by now you don't), you would see that Robinson had a good season last year based on the circumstances.

The guy is not elite, but he is very very good, and he has been at this level for two years for the bears now, not just one.

Lol, no your numbers are quite off. Mahomes makes 4.5 million. His per game numbers put him in the top 5. His overall numbers put him in the top 10. That is elite production for a QB that cost 4.5 million. He has more than lived up to his contract this year and it isn't even close. The Chiefs are getting top 5 and top 10 production from the 36th highest paid QB in the NFL. You are mental to even bring him up. It is like you don't even understand the argument being made.

By contrast, ARob has the 14th highest salary per year for a WR. His per game average was 32nd and his overall yards was 30th in 2018. So he got paid like a mid tier No 1 WR and he produced like one of the worst No 1 WRs in the NFL in 2018. That is not good production relative to his salary. It just isn't. If he were paid like a No 2 then his production last year would be good.

I am not disputing your reasons for his production not being in line with his salary. I am simply telling you that statistically it wasn't and my assessment of his performance last year was based on the stats. All you are doing is offering reasons for why his stats didn't measure up to his salary. You are not actually disputing anything I actually said. You are acting like I made some subjective argument for why he was not good last year when in fact my only argument for why he was not good was entirely objective. It was based on the cold hard numbers not my subjective opinion. If you want to consider subjective measures then do you but that was never my point.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is awesome.

Probably the best WR that I have actually watched in a Bears uniform. His route running at 6'3" is pretty special.

Pay the man, pay him right now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is awesome.

Probably the best WR that I have actually watched in a Bears uniform. His route running at 6'3" is pretty special.

Pay the man, pay him right now.

I would not rush to extend him. Let him put another 1,000 yard season together. We already made the mistake of extending guys early who then shit the bed so unless he is threatening to not play, he is being compensated quite fine for 2020.

Miller is also a free agent in 2021 so much rather see what both do next year and then make a call as to which makes the most sense to extend long term as if both produce doubt we are in position to extend both.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
His numbers this year are similar to last year......he has more targets this year, but his yards per reception was actually higher last year than this year.

His TDs have been slightly higher this year because Trubisky has been on a tear the last 3 games and Arob has been a big beneficiary of it.

But if you look at it, his numbers this year and last year are fairly similar.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubs TD% last year was higher at 5.5% percent vs 4.1% this year. So Trubs had tears like this last year when ARob only had 4 TDs. He has 44% of Trubs passing TDs this year compared to 17% last year. That isn't really fairly similar or slightly higher.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubs TD% last year was higher at 5.5% percent vs 4.1% this year. So Trubs had tears like this last year when ARob only had 4 TDs. He has 44% of Trubs passing TDs this year compared to 17% last year. That isn't really fairly similar or slightly higher.

Its up to Trubisky to throw the ball. The TDs make up a small part of the total receptions. If you look at the passing game as a whole. Robinson was getting more yards per last year.

Overall the stats are pretty similar anyway you dice it up.

Trubisky had better people to throw to last year Burton was there all year and Burton took a decent amount of receptions away.

Trubisky has had to rely on Robinson more this year. It doesn't make Robinson a better receiver this year, it just means he was more important to Trubisky.

Robinson was every bit as good a receiver this year as last year. He is just more important due to the lack of Gabriel and Burton not producing this year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd extend him. See if you can free up some cap space in the process. He is a number one receiver.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again all you are doing is explaining reasons for the different production not changing the fact the production is different. 7 TDs out of 16 passing TDs is not similar to 4 TDs out of 24 passing TDs.

That difference may be because he had better people to throw to but it is still a significant difference. Or it may be because ARob simply is getting open more in the Red Zone. No one can definitively say why. All you can do is speculate. The only thing we know for a fact though is that he actually has 44% of the passing TDs this year compared to only 17% last year. You can offer reasons as to why that is but you can't just pretend it is similar. It isn't.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Again all you are doing is explaining reasons for the different production not changing the fact the production is different. 7 TDs out of 16 passing TDs is not similar to 4 TDs out of 24 passing TDs.

That difference may be because he had better people to throw to but it is still a significant difference. Or it may be because ARob simply is getting open more in the Red Zone. No one can definitively say why. All you can do is speculate. The only thing we know for a fact though is that he actually has 44% of the passing TDs this year compared to only 17% last year. You can offer reasons as to why that is but you can't just pretend it is similar. It isn't.
You can't go only on numbers and raw production when factoring in the value of an employee.

Why do you think managers make more than entry level employees when those employees perform more measurable work than the managers?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't go only on numbers and raw production when factoring in the value of an employee.

Why do you think managers make more than entry level employees when those employees perform more measurable work than the managers?

Your comparison makes no sense. I am not comparing entry level employees to managers. I am comparing a guy being paid as a No 1 WR to the production expected of a No 1 WR.

People are lying to themselves if they think that when they heard ARob had signed for 14 million a year, the expectation was less than 800 yards and 4 TDs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I mentioned the only thing Remy sees is numbers vs salary

msadows

Liked Posts:
As I mentioned the only thing Remy sees is numbers vs salary

I'm almost positive remy doesn't even watch the games. Just checks the box score after and makes all his logical assumptions based on that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes which is why I am not sure why yall still arguing about something else. Not interested in unprovable subjective measures. At the end of the day the numbers are what they are.

Comes a point where if you pay a guy 14 million you are not interested in excuses just results. And for that kind of money those results need to be 1,100-1,300 yards and 7-10 TDs give or take.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes which is why I am not sure why yall still arguing about something else. Not interested in unprovable subjective measures. At the end of the day the numbers are what they are.

Comes a point where if you pay a guy 14 million you are not interested in excuses just results. And for that kind of money those results need to be 1,100-1,300 yards and 7-10 TDs give or take.

So you admit that you don't bother using your eyes and just look at numbers?

Gotcha.

Your opinion on anything football related is pretty much disqualified now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you admit that you don't bother using your eyes and just look at numbers?

Gotcha.

Your opinion on anything football related is pretty much disqualified now.

No I am saying arguing your subjective opinion vs my subjective opinion doesnt interest me particularly when this was debated last year when it happened.

Not to mention the premise of the OP is dumb. 2019 doesnt prove anything about 2018. I already said ARob has had a good 2019 season but to think that proves anything about 2018 is quite illogical.