In Matt Nagy era, Bears haven't lost by more than a touchdown

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

In stark contrast, for three seasons under John Fox, the Bears had nine losses by 20-plus points and 16 losses by more than one score.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I gave him a lot of credit last year because they always looked like they were ready for gameday but like mentioned, it's been the defense. He's an offensive guy and his offense is one of the worst in the league in every single aspect. He has to show why he's the Bears head coach. Tired of club dub. Tired of the booms. Tired of bald guys in visor caps. Develop some players(especially your QB) and out coach someone.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I gave him a lot of credit last year because they always looked like they were ready for gameday but like mentioned, it's been the defense. He's an offensive guy and his offense is one of the worst in the league in every single aspect. He has to show why he's the Bears head coach. Tired of club dub. Tired of the booms. Tired of bald guys in visor caps. Develop some players(especially your QB) and out coach someone.
Yes the offense has been bad due to many things like play calling. Nagy isn't the best play caller but he has only been doing it for 2 years. The things like club dub, the booms and everything that makes nagy special are what makes nagy a great head coach. The difference between Nagy and mitch is that nagy learns from his mistakes. I am not tired of the booms and club dub because it defines the Bears now and it has made us who we are and if you take that away we have nothing.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes the offense has been bad due to many things like play calling. Nagy isn't the best play caller but he has only been doing it for 2 years. The things like club dub, the booms and everything that makes nagy special are what makes nagy a great head coach. The difference between Nagy and mitch is that nagy learns from his mistakes. I am not tired of the booms and club dub because it defines the Bears now and it has made us who we are and if you take that away we have nothing.
To each his own, but that does not define the Bears and if taking that away means we have nothing, then we never had anything to begin with. It was fun for year and at the end of the day it means nothing and now they're getting mocked by Jon fucking Gruden of all people.

As of this season they look and play like a completely undisciplined team. If Nagy doesn't find a way to turn this all around, his booms and club dub will be right there with Jim Zorn's "HIP HIP HOORAY" cheers. It'll all mean jack shit.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
To each his own, but that does not define the Bears and if taking that away means we have nothing, then we never had anything to begin with. It was fun for year and at the end of the day it means nothing and now they're getting mocked by Jon fucking Gruden of all people.

As of this season they look and play like a completely undisciplined team. If Nagy doesn't find a way to turn this all around, his booms and club dub will be right there with Jim Zorn's "HIP HIP HOORAY" cheers. It'll all mean jack shit.
No i agree, if we are losing and are like 4-10 and get a win and have club dub that would be ridiculous but i just remember last year when we were 3-3 and there was much negativity but because of the things like club dub it made the team stick together like family and they fought threw it. I believe the same will happen this year.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No i agree, if we are losing and are like 4-10 and get a win and have club dub that would be ridiculous but i just remember last year when we were 3-3 and there was much negativity but because of the things like club dub it made the team stick together like family and they fought threw it. I believe the same will happen this year.
Since late last season it hasn’t been about W/Ls for me. It’s what I’m watching. Sure I love when they win and will take a win however I can get it but I’d like his offense to show us something against respectable competition. And somehow they regressed. Badly.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
With the lack of playmakers on offense...that's pretty impressive. I thought Nagy did a pretty decent job of calling plays last year. This year I'm not sure what has happened. His play calling has been pretty generic...and not really making use of his personnel.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
With the lack of playmakers on offense...that's pretty impressive. I thought Nagy did a pretty decent job of calling plays last year. This year I'm not sure what has happened. His play calling has been pretty generic...and not really making use of his personnel.

Lies. He's been making plenty of use of Patterson.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They also are averaging 16 point/game.

If I wanted to watch John Fox football we could have just kept him.

The only difference between the 2 right now is that Nagy has way better defensive talent to work with and therefor they do not allow as many points.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

In stark contrast, for three seasons under John Fox, the Bears had nine losses by 20-plus points and 16 losses by more than one score.

Unfortunately for J.Fox he had to coach this team while Pace was rebuilding it which some still don't seem to understand how that hurts any HC. I don't think that when we lose it's never by more than a TD is a good look for M.Nagy, i think it just shows something that many of us have been getting on him about which is how when he gets a lead he puts his foot on the brake pedal and needs to keep it on the gas pedal and keep adding to that lead because what happens is he'll go into halftime with the lead and then come out of the locker room just trying to hold the lead and teams get in that hurry up offense or any offense and our defense becomes tired because our offense doesn't give them enough rest and teams come back on us.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Teams have now had time to watch all the tape on Nagy and his offense/play calling and have adjusted to it so now Nagy needs to learn how to adjust to the other teams adjustments on his offense and he hasn't done that yet. He should of known that this was gonna happen and been ready for it but it doesn't look like he has. It might be time for R.Pace to step in and fire one or two of his coordinators or assistants starting with H.Heistand.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I sure as hell hope you're right cause after being a huge M.Nagy fan all last year and up until one or two games into this season i'm starting to get very nervous about him as a play caller. I'm not 100% out on him but he needs to make a change and it needs to happen coming out of this bye week. You look at all the other backups that are playing this season with Bridgewater, Minshew, K.Allen, J.Brissett, M.Rudolph, D.Jones and watching them all playing well and Nagy can't get our starter in Trubisky to even play as well as any of them are playing and that's a worry. Shit he can't even get our backup, which i think has been in the league longer than any of those guys, to play well.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Teams have now had time to watch all the tape on Nagy and his offense/play calling and have adjusted to it so now Nagy needs to learn how to adjust to the other teams adjustments on his offense and he hasn't done that yet. He should of known that this was gonna happen and been ready for it but it doesn't look like he has. It might be time for R.Pace to step in and fire one or two of his coordinators or assistants starting with H.Heistand.
More brilliant analysis by the clown of CCS. Why the fuck would Pace fire either of the coordinators. Pagano has been great and Helfrich does nothing. Just keep on turning that propeller brane of yours, I’m sure eventually you’ll have a a coherent thought.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
More brilliant analysis by the clown of CCS. Why the fuck would Pace fire either of the coordinators. Pagano has been great and Helfrich does nothing. Just keep on turning that propeller brane of yours, I’m sure eventually you’ll have a a coherent thought.

WestCoastBitchHam still can't stop following me around to troll me. You're such a fucking loser kid. Your life revolves around trolling on message boards. Very sad.

Continue on now.