In Matt Nagy era, Bears haven't lost by more than a touchdown

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I gave him a lot of credit last year because they always looked like they were ready for gameday but like mentioned, it's been the defense. He's an offensive guy and his offense is one of the worst in the league in every single aspect. He has to show why he's the Bears head coach. Tired of club dub. Tired of the booms. Tired of bald guys in visor caps. Develop some players(especially your QB) and out coach someone.

Now thats what i am talking about!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Has also led in every single game he’s coached, including the playoffs.

As others have said, having the #1 defense will do that.

Nagy’s an offensive guy. If he didn’t have an amazing defense, can you imagine how mercilessly we’d be pummeling him right now? I like Nagy, but he’s gotta right the ship on offense and do it right now.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The real question...will he end up being the Tresticles of Offensive minded HC or Brian Billick?

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
They also are averaging 16 point/game.

If I wanted to watch John Fox football we could have just kept him.

The only difference between the 2 right now is that Nagy has way better defensive talent to work with and therefor they do not allow as many points.

If you're going by this season alone, yes. If you compare last year (the majority of his head coaching tenure) to any of the John Fox years or his entire body of work, Nagy is far superior. I still think these first 5 games this year are an anomaly.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes the offense has been bad due to many things like play calling. Nagy isn't the best play caller but he has only been doing it for 2 years. The things like club dub, the booms and everything that makes nagy special are what makes nagy a great head coach. The difference between Nagy and mitch is that nagy learns from his mistakes. I am not tired of the booms and club dub because it defines the Bears now and it has made us who we are and if you take that away we have nothing.

More like if you take Allen Robinson away we have nothing. Bonafide stud!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
They might want to extend him in the offseason. His play has really been impressing me this season. I'm thinking Trey Burton's time in Chicago could be coming to a close if he doesn't pick up his play after the bye week.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/trey-burton-14668/
100%. He's still very young. Ultimately, Robinson is clutch and we could use more of that on offense, especially since our QB is anything but.