injuries: lemons into lemonade

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it sucks that we have so many injuries, especially the PBers (Briggs, Melton, Tillman, Cutty, ect...) but I would like to look at the future without these. We won't be able to resign all these guys and will probably drop a few (Peppers) so I like to look at what we're working with for the next few years. We're giving our youngsters a good chance to compete and show what they have, give them time to develop by having game experience but most importantly, we're showing Emery what we're working with and what we need to address in either the draft or FA.

I know this sounds redundant with the numerous threads but it seems like a very viable point. We need to look beyond this year because we'll be a very different looking team on paper after this season.

There are so many options on who we resign, draft and pick up in FA. At least we can see who we have for a base to build around.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nothing like game time experience to use as a learning environment
Christened with fire.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
Can't agree more, but I'm also not quite throwing in the towel, surprisingly, on this year yet. I'm going to wait two more weeks. The Rams, not a gimmie game, as the seven other threads suggest to any sane fan, is important. Rams could play 'spoiler'. But somehow, I think the Bears will be coached up against spoiling. This is something I feel strongly about with our coaching staff, that I didn't as much in preceding years.

Detroit is facing Tampa Bay. They could get spoiled there. And then Green Bay? With Rodgers back, and a hunger to get back in, at LEAST, to the wild card race. If we can take out Dallas…

So, in three weeks, if we're out of the race due to dual losses to the Rams and Dallas, AND Detroit takes down TB, and Green Bay comes back into hunt; then I'll be jumping on board the next year chat room early sessions. But hoping to discuss with sane minds, and quality conversations…

No offense to any who just like to cause shit… THat's fun to watch from a distance too, from time to time.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The number of "lemons" that make up the injured list is pretty brutal.

If any more of the old guys end up on it, it's gonna be a full-fledged lemon party.