Interesting, but useless debates

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Post 'em here.

First up.

Pizza Rolls in the oven vs. Pizza Rolls in the microwave?

Mine are going in the oven every time. They are nice 'n crisp every time and piping hot. Don't have to worry about a cold center. This, IMO, is a no brainer.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Got rid of a microwave 6 years ago. Everything tastes better.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pizza Rolls are such a ****ing scam. It's like someone at the mozzarella stick factory ****ed up and now you want to sell me these deformed mozzarella sticks for two dollars more a bag?!?

I mean are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Post 'em here.

First up.

Mine are going in the oven every time. They are nice 'n crisp every time and piping hot. Don't have to worry about a cold center. This, IMO, is a no brainer.
DEEP THINKER

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Pizza Rolls are Special person.
Yes please, I will take 15 little minature Hot Pockets instead of a Hot Pocket.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a pizza roll fan but oven over microwave every time for such things.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
you-cooking.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Here's something that I never understood.

When certain people find out I don't have a microwave, they ask 'But, how do you melt butter?'

Is melting butter some kind of difficult task....? What am I missing? They also ask about popcorn, which leads to making popcorn in an air popper, and they always are amazed at how much better it tastes. I only pop corn over fire if I'm making a lot and while that is superior in flavor and texture, it's not a good way to demonstrate to a lazy person that microwaves are a waste of space.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

When certain people find out I don't have a microwave, they ask 'But, how do you melt butter?'

Is melting butter some kind of difficult task....? What am I missing? They also ask about popcorn, which leads to making popcorn in an air popper, and they always are amazed at how much better it tastes. I only pop corn over fire if I'm making a lot and while that is superior in flavor and texture, it's not a good way to demonstrate to a lazy person that microwaves are a waste of space.

I haven't had a microwave since 1999 and only make popcorn on a stove top since then. Even improved upon that immensly as of 2020 by warming ghee for the corn instead of butter, and using a frying screen in place of the pot lid for maximum crunch corn.

My kids had microwave popcorn at a playdate and said it tasted "fake"

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did they say when the first microwave went in the break room at the Jiffy Pop factory?

"It fucking does WHAT!?!?"

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I haven't had a microwave since 1999 and only make popcorn on a stove top since then. Even improved upon that immensly as of 2020 by warming ghee for the corn instead of butter, and using a frying screen in place of the pot lid for maximum crunch corn.

My kids had microwave popcorn at a playdate and said it tasted "fake"

I have and use a microwave almost exclusively for defrosting food. Very occasionally it gets used to reheat leftovers or other quick cook things, those things could easily be done with the stove.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I have and use a microwave almost exclusively for defrosting food. Very occasionally it gets used to reheat leftovers or other quick cook things, those things could easily be done with the stove.

In a pinch,I'll throw some wood chips into th microwave to get that smoky flavor into my leftovers.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Same. Just lefties and defrosting meat. Otherwise I hardly use it. I don't think I could ever just completely stop using one tho like @HeHateMe. It can be very convenient at times.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
In a pinch,I'll throw some wood chips into th microwave to get that smoky flavor into my leftovers.

I bet all the kids who wanted a plasma ball just microwaved mom's good flatware.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Along those lines-
Butter- does it belong on the counter or in the fridge?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Along those lines-
Butter- does it belong on the counter or in the fridge?

When I lived in Hawaii, super humid and warm, it DOES get rancid (but it still takes about 15 days).

In IL, I have had butter out of the fridge for a month, including fresh churn from a local farmer. NO PROBLEMS. A stick always stays out. Simple. And if for whatever reason it doesn't get used for a long time, no big deal, chuck it out. That just means we slowed down on butter consumption, no real loss.

And .... to along those lines to your along those lines....

Eggs that get used within a week do not need refrigeration, also taste better and cook/bake better when room temperature. Just keep them in a spot that doesn't trap the kitchens heat and you're good. I was scared to convert the eggs to external storage, until I just ran into a ton of recipes one year that required room temperature eggs, forgot about them for a few days, and went ahead to use them for breakfast. No issues, just monitor and be smart.