Interesting, but useless debates

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Along those lines-
Butter- does it belong on the counter or in the fridge?
Oh good useless debate. I put mine in the fridge and have never even thought about keeping it on the counter. What's the benefit?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh good useless debate. I put mine in the fridge and have never even thought about keeping it on the counter. What's the benefit?

Mainly to spread it on bread. But if you bake deserts, most recipes require soft butter.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mainly to spread it on bread. But if you bake deserts, most recipes require soft butter.
My mother In Law has it in the cournter and I've always been curious. She seem slike the person to hold on.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Growing up, the butter was on the counter. My wife’s family kept it in the fridge. So, obviously, the correct place is in the fridge!

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have it on the counter- easy spreadability.

Fridge butter is the scourge of toast.
If you are lucky enough to be able to slap a few pieces on your bread without tearing giant holes in it, it is still unevenly dispersed.
You will have a dry bite followed by a gross butter blob bite.

Counter butter is easy to apply in a nice thin spread, ensuring a perfect butter to toast ratio in every bite.

I will seriously forgo toast if there is not any counter butter. I would rather have nothing than be forced to choke down an inconsistent blob.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Butter for us is in the fridge always..... However that said I always keep an eye for one of those water butter dishes, its one of those things that I will find at a goodwill or a yard sale someday and then I will keep some on the counter for the fuck of it.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am on a theme here, but another thing my lady and I disagree on is bread.
Counter or fridge?

Once again, I am on the counter side.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should roofing and siding supplies be considered essential?

If I come out of winter and the spring rains and tornado season are upon us and now I'm having roof issues I'd like to be able to have that repaired.

Having a good roof falls under one the main staples in life...food and shelter.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Counter or fridge?

Counter, unless you don't eat much bread and it's always going bad, then the fridge is acceptable.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Should roofing and siding supplies be considered essential?

If I come out of winter and the spring rains and tornado season are upon us and now I'm having roof issues I'd like to be able to have that repaired.

Having a good roof falls under one the main staples in life...food and shelter.

Anyone that says no should have to live with a legit hardcore roof leak for at least one rainy season and see if the toxic mold doesn't change their mind.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone that says no should have to live with a legit hardcore roof leak for at least one rainy season and see if the toxic mold doesn't change their mind.
Well, the poster that thinks it isn't essential and his sidekick repqueen are willing to wait on a repair, hopefully that mold doesn't start growing while they're waiting.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Butter for us is in the fridge always..... However that said I always keep an eye for one of those water butter dishes, its one of those things that I will find at a goodwill or a yard sale someday and then I will keep some on the counter for the fuck of it.
I have one of those French Butter Dish (that's what they're called). I pack in butter and then melt some ice cubes for the water portion, which keeps the butter cool. I only use this in the winter/early spring then discontinue since my house gets quite warm in the summer and it's fairly easy to melt butter at that point.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Pancakes vs waffles???? Waffles easily for me

I would say I have not gone to a restaurant just because of their pancakes. I may eat one if it comes with a breakfast, but a pancake hasn't ever made a place a destination. I have gone to a restaurant specifically for their waffles. I have even gone to waffle specific restaurants again for their waffles. so I certainly think this is an easy call for waffle.

I would note there is a mexican hole in the wall here that has amazing huevos rancheros when I am there I get the half order of huevos and one of their pancakes because they have something magical in the batter. Again though, that restaurant is a destination for the huevos rancheros the pancake is just a bonus.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Here's something that I never understood.

When certain people find out I don't have a microwave, they ask 'But, how do you melt butter?'

Is melting butter some kind of difficult task....? What am I missing? They also ask about popcorn, which leads to making popcorn in an air popper, and they always are amazed at how much better it tastes. I only pop corn over fire if I'm making a lot and while that is superior in flavor and texture, it's not a good way to demonstrate to a lazy person that microwaves are a waste of space.

Bro, why would you ask this question? Even poptarts need directions.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Counter or fridge?

Definitely counter.