Interesting Tweet from MikeCWright

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
To me, not even interviewing Tom Gamble is a disservice.

I don't get this... the guy isn't even hired as a font office guy at all right now. If Gamble is so valuable, wouldn't the best option to be try and hire him as a Director of Scouting since he doesn't even had that job and isn't in a position to get a GM job.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't get this... the guy isn't even hired as a font office guy at all right now. If Gamble is so valuable, wouldn't the best option to be try and hire him as a Director of Scouting since he doesn't even had that job and isn't in a position to get a GM job.

He got fired because of two power struggles. His rosters seem to be at least competitive. Bringing him in and interviewing him costs nothing.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Phillips involvement is going to end up fucking this up. He shouldnt even have been part of the press conference and now its starting to look like he really will have a say in things. And the fact that George even allowed that to be the case is disconcerting. George since the beginning was quick to credit Phillips, its like hes afraid of taking control.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have to agree. turd in the punchbowl

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Well, considering hes the only guy theyve even scheduled an interview with, Id say hes the leader.

Dont be surprised if the job is his before another candidate is even interviewed.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Michael C Wright is an imbecile.

Just had to say that. .

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes man to whom? The McCaskeys? On what? How much do you think they really get involved in day to day operations?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wait- you're telling me NWFISCH is a real person!? I assumed it was a spam bot.

Dude, he's on the post game show as a twatter all the time.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
On a side note, the Jets, the only other team with a GM opening, have interviewed three HC candidates, while the Bears have interviewed all of one.

mecha

Liked Posts:
On a side note, the Jets, the only other team with a GM opening, have interviewed three HC candidates, while the Bears have interviewed all of one.

having a deja vu moment here... I get the feeling this has happened before...

thus far they've fucked up finding an OC on time, a GM, an HC, and now they're doing it all over again. jesus fucking christ this franchise sucks.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
having a deja vu moment here... I get the feeling this has happened before...

thus far they've fucked up finding an OC on time, a GM, an HC, and now they're doing it all over again. jesus fucking christ this franchise sucks.

Yeah, the Jets are pretty big fuck ups.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Da Bearsz should have evry1 in plase alreadies!!!!! It's ben five dayz!!!!!!! Why arent they drafting and signing free agentz yet!!!!!??????

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Does being first to hiring a HC mean something good for sure? If you look at the 2013 HC hunt the Hire many people loathe that we didn't get was Arians, who I believe when hired by Arizona, was the last HC hired in that offseason. At least he was close to it and probably 2nd last and the last, I recall Chud in Cleveland got hired very quickly in the hunt.

I'd rather wait til a GM was hired to interview more HC candidates anyway. It's actually disappointing to see the HC get interviews beforehand because that's showing Ted/George doing something involved in a way they shouldn't be if they're going to hire a GM and give him the real control.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, considering hes the only guy theyve even scheduled an interview with, Id say hes the leader.

Dont be surprised if the job is his before another candidate is even interviewed.

Good! I'm so fucking tired of being the last team to hire the leftovers. Getter dun!

Arians was last because they waited for him. AZ made the right choice before we made the wrong one and signed Arians the next day.

Speed

Liked Posts:
mLNHOBM.gif

How the hell did we get here?