Iowa Hawkeyes

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Putting together a nice little season. To bad they shit the bed in the Wisconsin game. Will hopefully pound Maryland this Saturday and then a big matchup against PSU in two weeks! Any fellow Hawk fans out there?
I anecdotally like the Hawks. As a child I remember my uncle's always had Hawks gear and we're always wearing it when we would see them in the summer.

They lived North of the quad cities and we were on the other side of the river in Illinois. So I have the recollection of thinking I was a Hawks fan when I had no idea what that meant.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I anecdotally like the Hawks. As a child I remember my uncle's always had Hawks gear and we're always wearing it when we would see them in the summer.

They lived North of the quad cities and we were on the other side of the river in Illinois. So I have the recollection of thinking I was a Hawks fan when I had no idea what that meant.
It's really amazing how many Hawk fans are out there. I travel a lot for work and everytime I'm out and about I see some Hawkeye gear. Mainly because nobody stays in Iowa lol, grow up here, go to college here, venture off to warmer climates

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It's really amazing how many Hawk fans are out there. I travel a lot for work and everytime I'm out and about I see some Hawkeye gear. Mainly because nobody stays in Iowa lol, grow up here, go to college here, venture off to warmer climates
The funny part about that is I literally live in the warmer climate and people constantly do that chit here as well.

They leave here for the "real big city, and better job opportunities." But they also get they cost of living with that...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Or just somewhere more interesting. ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tossing this salute to Hayden Fry out there. Thought @HawkBear might have posted already.

I saw this on Twitter discussing Fry's coaching tree, and though I am very familiar with Iowa and Hayden, I did not realize all these coaches were on his staff.

Included in his coaching tree were...
Bob Stoops - winningest coach ever at Oklahoma
Dan McCarney - winningest coach ever at Iowa State
Bill Snyder - winningest coach ever at Kansas State
Barry Alvarez - winningest coach ever at Wisconsin
Kirk Ferentz - winningest coach ever at Iowa, surpassing Fry who had been winningest coach until this season.

That is one hell of a coaching tree and legacy. A former player (not sure if ever a coach under Fry) also is currently head coach at Nevada.

Impressive!
RIP, Hayden!

Side note - he was also the inspiration for Hayden Fox of TV's "Coach".

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tossing this salute to Hayden Fry out there. Thought @HawkBear might have posted already.

I saw this on Twitter discussing Fry's coaching tree, and though I am very familiar with Iowa and Hayden, I did not realize all these coaches were on his staff.

Included in his coaching tree were...
Bob Stoops - winningest coach ever at Oklahoma
Dan McCarney - winningest coach ever at Iowa State
Bill Snyder - winningest coach ever at Kansas State
Barry Alvarez - winningest coach ever at Wisconsin
Kirk Ferentz - winningest coach ever at Iowa, surpassing Fry who had been winningest coach until this season.

That is one hell of a coaching tree and legacy. A former player (not sure if ever a coach under Fry) also is currently head coach at Nevada.

Impressive!
RIP, Hayden!

Side note - he was also the inspiration for Hayden Fox of TV's "Coach".
Sad day for sure.