Is it possible? Bears 4-0, Min 2-2 over next 4?

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
MIN:
@SEA -L
VDET -W
@LAC -W
VGB - L

10-5

CHI:
@DET -W
VDAL -W
@GB -W
VKC -W

9-6

Tough to think it is possible - MIN losing to SEA and GB (or having an upset most likely on the road in LA) is a stronger possibility.

Winning the next two Thursday night games for the Bears is a good possibility - Detroit not playing great at all, Dallas is not looking like world beaters either and it is at Soldier Field.

The improbable part comes @GB and VKC - both of these teams will have ALOT to play for, but neither is looking to be on fire or playing exceptionally well right now. Problem is neither do the Bears.

Even if it is only a glimmer, there is a path with maybe a 1-5% chance of happening - all it takes is this damn offense showing something! Bears have scored more than 21 points twice this year and one of those was with all the TD's coming in garbage time.

They are who they are - unless they are not! If they can get hot, the Defense keeps playing well and creates some opportunities with Turnovers. Mack's slump ends - Hicks returns??

I believe! Week 17 will be a playoff game for the BEARS!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Holy hell if these fucking idiots stumble their way into the playoffs looking like dumb and dumber three let’s play football. Leave it these bad news bears to make it. Nah, they suck too much.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with 8-8 (given the way the season has gone)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd be happy with 8-8 (given the way the season has gone)

sigh.... this is what this franchise has done to its fans. Hardcore fans saying they’d be “happy” with 8-8. Not getting on your case Bama. Just saying 8-8 should never be a “happy” experience. This franchise just sucks the life outa ya sometimes.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
sigh.... this is what this franchise has done to its fans. Hardcore fans saying they’d be “happy” with 8-8. Not getting on your case Bama. Just saying 8-8 should never be a “happy” experience. This franchise just sucks the life outa ya sometimes.

Well no it sucks but considering how shitty the team has been, I think 8-8 to end the year would be an accomplishment

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I have no faith in the Bears winning their games. I think they’ll lose Thursday.

The Bears made their bed, as far as the playoffs go.

Don’t rough the punter in London and don’t miss the game-winning kick against the Chargers, and this team is 7-4 and right in the thick of it.

The Bears very well could’ve still lost all the games they ended up losing afterward, but I really do think that roughing the kicker in London changed the trajectory of the entire season. That doesn’t happen, they’re 4-1 and just personally feeling good about themselves and their perceived progress.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No chance.

10-6 will be the last WC though. Probably Minnesota or Green Bay with the NFC North winner at 11-5. That's my prediction.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The NFC playoff race is really going to be simple.

West will come down to 49ers and Seahawks game later. Loser gets the 5 seed.
South will be Saints. No other team will be close to the playoffs.
East will be Cowboys. No other team will be close to the playoffs.
North will be Packers and Vikings game later. Loser gets 6 seed.

Rams have a very outside chance of having something to play for Week 17.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFC playoff race is really going to be simple.

West will come down to 49ers and Seahawks game later. Loser gets the 5 seed.
South will be Saints. No other team will be close to the playoffs.
East will be Cowboys. No other team will be close to the playoffs.
North will be Packers and Vikings game later. Loser gets 6 seed.

Rams have a very outside chance of having something to play for Week 17.
This is what I see as well. As to the OP, yes it is possible. It’s just very unlikely that the Bears win out. I could see Minn losing those games you have them losing, but I doubt the Bears beat the Pack and the Chiefs.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
10-6 likely will not get a WC birth in the NFC.
All teams in the playoffs will end up 11-5 or better.
9-7 might get a team a WC in the AFC

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Hey I get how impossible it looks/sounds. But I am talking about a 1-5% probability. If you think it is ZERO you are just nuts. The Bears should beat the Lions. The Bears can beat the Cowboys at home.

Then you get to GB who has not looked that great lately - if the Bears are sitting at 7-6 with something to play for against their most hated rival, anything is possible.

This team does have a boardline elite Defense. Sure the offense is bottom 5, but if both units get "hot" over the next month it could get interesting.

The Bears have been in and had a chance to win every game except the Saints, and against some relatively decent teams. Why can they not do that but come out with the W's they need?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
10-6 guarantees you two more years of Ryan Pace and at least two more years of Nahgee. No thank you.