Is it possible? Bears 4-0, Min 2-2 over next 4?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For those wanting to engage in this fantasy, just for fun:

If the Bears win out (which includes beating the Packers and Vikings), they would only need one of those two teams to lose 2 games in addition to the Bears.

For the Vikings, that means they have to lose at Seattle and hopefully at the Chargers. If not, they'd have to lose against the Lions (or the Packers, I suppose).

For the Packers, that means they have to lose at the Giants and at the Lions (or the Vikings). That ain't happening, I don't think.

In any case, it ain't gonna happen. I have zero faith in this Bears team this year in stringing together a winning streak. They made their bed with the game-losing kick to the Chargers and the roughing-the-punter and 97-yard-GW-drive-given-up London game.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Certainly is a long shot no doubt. Also quite frustrating how close this team is/was and how the shortcomings on offense are disappointing.

Maybe they cannot win the next 4 to setup a potential playin game @Min, as a fan though a win today is all that matters, the we can ask the question can they go 3-0 in December!

A win at home vDal and it’s 2-0.

Huge upset @GB (upsets happen ya know)... then all of a sudden we have ourselves a hugely meaningful game Trubs v Mahomes!!! What a storyline that would be!

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
10-6 guarantees you two more years of Ryan Pace and at least two more years of Nahgee. No thank you.
I’ll keep a couple guys who have gone 22-10 and reached the playoffs in consecutive years.

Pace has assembled a competitive roster and is a QB pick away from having assembled a SB caliber competitive team.

Nagy is a 2nd year young coach who has proven he can lead a team and motivate them to play hard and buy-in. There are definitely areas he can improve on.

Basically I think it is nuts to want to blow it all up without giving this current setup more time especially if they do make a run this year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is it possible? Yes. Is it going to happen? Lol no

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet Detroit's 3rd stringer outplays Trubisky @nc0gnet0
Lions in full tank mode, so I am not so sure. I probably won't even watch. On the other hand, winning is about the worse thing the Lions can do right now, so, they probably will.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions in full tank mode, so I am not so sure. I probably won't even watch. On the other hand, winning is about the worse thing the Lions can do right now, so, they probably will.
Tank for fucking what? It's never long before you go from thinking the Lions are playoff bound to thinking they're in tank mode.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tank for fucking what? It's never long before you go from thinking the Lions are playoff bound to thinking they're in tank mode.
Losing your starting Qb will do that for you. I remember a good portion of the Bears fan base thinking the Bears were playoff of bound as well, so what's your point? Lions lose out could be as high as 3rd, and in the running for Chase, depending on how the QB situation works its way out.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Losing your starting Qb will do that for you. I remember a good portion of the Bears fan base thinking the Bears were playoff of bound as well, so what's your point? Lions lose out could be as high as 3rd, and in the running for Chase, depending on how the QB situation works its way out.
If I'm Patricia, gotta believe the seat is hot and certainly wouldn't consider tank mode. And for a DE? Bad enough Patricia's D is as bad as it is since that's the one thing you'd expect to improve with him. Your shit D needs a ton more help than that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I'm Patricia, gotta believe the seat is hot and certainly wouldn't consider tank mode. And for a DE? Bad enough Patricia's D is as bad as it is since that's the one thing you'd expect to improve with him. Your shit D needs a ton more help than that.

You will get no arguments from me. Lions D is ass, Lions O was 8th in the league before Stafford went out.

Speaking of shit D's, WTF is up with the Bears D?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You will get no arguments from me. Lions D is ass, Lions O was 8th in the league before Stafford went out.

Speaking of shit D's, WTF is up with the Bears D?
Mack is way overated, as is Pagano.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’ll keep a couple guys who have gone 22-10 and reached the playoffs in consecutive years.

Pace has assembled a competitive roster and is a QB pick away from having assembled a SB caliber competitive team.

Nagy is a 2nd year young coach who has proven he can lead a team and motivate them to play hard and buy-in. There are definitely areas he can improve on.

Basically I think it is nuts to want to blow it all up without giving this current setup more time especially if they do make a run this year.
They look really competitive.