Is it possible? Bears 4-0, Min 2-2 over next 4?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
We’re gonna see the Cowboys face a much better defense today. That will tell you if the Bears have a chance to beat them. From what I saw today against a third string QB, Dallas will score at least 35 against the Bears.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Cowboys are so luck they play in a god awful division almost every year.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nah, 2019 Bears don't beat good teams. They get embarassed by the good teams, and then do just enough against the bad ones that the meatball fanbase thinks "Maaaybe they can fix this if they just ___" and then boom, dick slapped by a good team and its back to doom and gloom.

They belong in the NFC East with the Cowboys.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
After watching every game this year it's hard to believe they are 6-6. It feels like they should be about 3-9 right now. If you watch this team it's pretty clear they are not very good and the offense is downright atrocious.

And yet they are 6-6 and as crazy as it seems looking back on the season they could easily be 8-4 or better. With better coaching decisions and player discipline you make the game winning kick against the Chargers and dont get the roughing the punter penalty against the Raiders and they're 8-4. Take advantage of the early opportunities against the rams and make the kicks to get an early lead putting pressure on Goff and that's a different game. 9-3 and currently 1st place in the division. Actually try running the ball in the opener and who knows. That's how close they are to being 10-2 right now. Possibly the worst 10-2 team in history but still. Football truly is a game of inches that comes down to a handful of plays each game.

But with the what ifs aside its likely going to take 11 wins to get in the wildcard this year in the NFC which is already mathematically impossible for the Bears. But it would be very Bear like to finish this season hot and go 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs yet go into the offseason feeling good about themselves and learn nothing from this season and trot the same shit out next year. If this team knows how to do one thing its playing just well enough to get fans hopes up only to end in disappointment.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cowboys are so luck they play in a god awful division almost every year.
But it’s not really god awful almost every year. this year it definitely is. Now the AFCE, that’s a division that’s god awful almost every year. Nice to see the Bills actually challenge NE for 4 qtrs.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
After watching every game this year it's hard to believe they are 6-6. It feels like they should be about 3-9 right now. If you watch this team it's pretty clear they are not very good and the offense is downright atrocious.

And yet they are 6-6 and as crazy as it seems looking back on the season they could easily be 8-4 or better. With better coaching decisions and player discipline you make the game winning kick against the Chargers and dont get the roughing the punter penalty against the Raiders and they're 8-4. Take advantage of the early opportunities against the rams and make the kicks to get an early lead putting pressure on Goff and that's a different game. 9-3 and currently 1st place in the division. Actually try running the ball in the opener and who knows. That's how close they are to being 10-2 right now. Possibly the worst 10-2 team in history but still. Football truly is a game of inches that comes down to a handful of plays each game.

But with the what ifs aside its likely going to take 11 wins to get in the wildcard this year in the NFC which is already mathematically impossible for the Bears. But it would be very Bear like to finish this season hot and go 10-6 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs yet go into the offseason feeling good about themselves and learn nothing from this season and trot the same shit out next year. If this team knows how to do one thing its playing just well enough to get fans hopes up only to end in disappointment.
I would take 10-6 and missing the playoffs. We don't have a 1st round pick anyway. Winning out would mean that Mitch played well over the last 4 games as we would need him to match points with the good offenses we face.

The best thing that could ever happen would be for Mitch to turn it around and prove everyone wrong. Better late than never.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lots of negativity in here. One game at a time. Do I think they will pull it off? Of course I don't. Will I keep rooting for them until they are mathematically eliminated? Of course I will be.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Viks did their part again last night. Now what? Bears beat DAL Thursday - Viks probably hold off the Lions, but @Chargers and Packers are possible L's

A lot of folks still have this team written off. Too many issues on offense but all of that can be cured if Trubisky is ascending into a hot streak. We will find of Thursday if he can improve on the good Turkey day performance!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Viks did their part again last night. Now what? Bears beat DAL Thursday - Viks probably hold off the Lions, but @Chargers and Packers are possible L's

A lot of folks still have this team written off. Too many issues on offense but all of that can be cured if Trubisky is ascending into a hot streak. We will find of Thursday if he can improve on the good Turkey day performance!
If by "ascending into a hot streak" you mean performing slightly below the average against the competition...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not expecting our Bears to make the playoffs....But if they somehow did, what a nice surprise!

I'll take it

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nah, 2019 Bears don't beat good teams. They get embarassed by the good teams, and then do just enough against the bad ones that the meatball fanbase thinks "Maaaybe they can fix this if they just ___" and then boom, dick slapped by a good team and its back to doom and gloom.

Other than the Saints game who has embarassed them this year? They've been in pretty much every game this season except for that one.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’m going against every fiber of my being by even going down this road because in my mind, it was over when the Bears lost 4 straight, including a Chargers game they should’ve won by double digits and a Raiders game that they literally had to try to lose at the end, butttttt....

Dammit, even I have to admit that if the Bears win Thursday, playoffs are an absolute possibility.

The biggest thing is that the Bears just have to be ONE game behind the Vikings by Week 17. If that happens, they’re in with a win in Minnesota.

Seeing as how there’d be only 3 games left after Dallas, suddenly the unthinkable actually looks possible.

Some of this does depend on the Rams, but with them playing Seattle, Dallas and San Fran, I feel comfortable saying they won’t get to 10 wins.

Now, don’t get me wrong: I still don’t think the Bears are going to make the playoffs. I don’t think they’re getting to 10 wins. And I don’t believe they’re going to beat Dallas on Thursday night.

But if they do, 10 wins absolutely will be enough for the playoffs. And if they do beat the Cowboys on Thursday night, nationally, everyone has to start acknowledging that the Bears are still in this thing with just a few games left.

If the Bears win Thursday:

-They will be 1.5 games behind Minnesota with 3 games left (4 for the Vikings—more chances for ONE loss)

-There will be tremendous pressure on Kirk Cousins.

-All the extra help the Bears will need is ONE loss by the Vikings to the Lions, Chargers or Packers.

I’m a terrible eeyore when I say, none of that is going to matter when the Bears lose Thursday, which I think they will. (That Dallas offense is too much—Dak Prescott ain’t Flacco/Keenum/D Jones/Driskell/Blough)

But if they do win! The Bears will essentially control their own fate to the playoffs, because I still don’t have faith in Kirk Cousins down the stretch. We’ll see, though.