Is Mitch a good Quarterback (Kollmann Video)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well when you exclude drops and throwaways its 75% for Brady and 71% for Trubs. Still a good percentage for Trubs but his issue is obviously when he misses, he misses badly.

One of his strengths in college was leading WRs and hitting them in stride and I would say he has not done that consistently enough yet in the NFL.

I think Remy is right here.

We see him up close, blemeshes and all....Trubisky seemed to have some weird misses, but overall his advanced stats showed he was throwing deeper than most.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mahomes is awesome and he had some amazing TD throws. He also had a large number of short throws to wide open guys that racked up a ton of YAC.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well when you exclude drops and throwaways its 75% for Brady and 71% for Trubs. Still a good percentage for Trubs but his issue is obviously when he misses, he misses badly.

One of his strengths in college was leading WRs and hitting them in stride and I would say he has not done that consistently enough yet in the NFL.

I think Remy is right here.

We see him up close, blemeshes and all....Trubisky seemed to have some weird misses, but overall his advanced stats showed he was throwing deeper than most.

I completely agree 1000%

Was really looking forward to deep ball accuracy we saw in college to translate to the NFL field but it has been really rough.

Mitchell really needs to clean this up, pronto.

Hitting recievers in stride should be a huge focus for him but just cleaning up the sloppy accuracy is a MUST.

Look how many injuries were likely caused by Trubs not hitting his TEs cleanly. Zach Miller nearly lost his LIFE/Leg with that crazy high pass on what should had been a go-ahead TD.

Shaheen while an awkward runner, gets ZERO help from Trubs with the awkward passes he has to really stretch out/high point to catch when he is the type of player who can easily just box out the defender if Trubs could hit a guy in the numbers downfield.

Really hope Trubs gets this fixed. He was drafted way way too high to be putting his teammates at injury risk with these bad passes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure IIRC Mitchell caused the Antmill dislocation too but I could be wrong. Need to re-watch that one to be sure.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know how you're going to manage to pin Miller's injury on Mitch but you can say he was directly responsible for Miller losing out on a couple hundred yards with his overthrows on targets to Anthony.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure IIRC Mitchell caused the Antmill dislocation too but I could be wrong. Need to re-watch that one to be sure.

Huh? How does a QB “cause” a WR’s injury?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Huh? How does a QB “cause” a WR’s injury?

Throwing high over the middle will do it. However, that wasn't the case with Miller. He hit the turf hard in Arizona.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That or throwing behind a player instead of hitting them in stride could also get a receiver nailed by a linebacker or DB. Although in today's NFL they would call a penalty for that anyways.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Throwing high over the middle will do it. However, that wasn't the case with Miller. He hit the turf hard in Arizona.
Well that and it's an old college injury that got re-aggravated. Pace only drafts injured players!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well that and it's an old college injury that got re-aggravated. Pace only drafts injured players!

He's tough for sure. I can't imagine playing WR with that injury at any level of football and certainly not in the NFL.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I completely agree 1000%

Was really looking forward to deep ball accuracy we saw in college to translate to the NFL field but it has been really rough.

Mitchell really needs to clean this up, pronto.

Hitting recievers in stride should be a huge focus for him but just cleaning up the sloppy accuracy is a MUST.

Look how many injuries were likely caused by Trubs not hitting his TEs cleanly. Zach Miller nearly lost his LIFE/Leg with that crazy high pass on what should had been a go-ahead TD.

Shaheen while an awkward runner, gets ZERO help from Trubs with the awkward passes he has to really stretch out/high point to catch when he is the type of player who can easily just box out the defender if Trubs could hit a guy in the numbers downfield.

Really hope Trubs gets this fixed. He was drafted way way too high to be putting his teammates at injury risk with these bad passes.

I can’t tell but LOL if you are serious that Zach Miller’s injury is on Mitch; he threw a dime.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I can’t tell but LOL if you are serious that Zach Miller’s injury is on Mitch; he threw a dime.

Mole eye under threw him, if Mitch leads Zach properly, throws it a little deeper there is no injury.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dude it was obvious Trubs was a top QB prospect by the time the draft rolled around. The face shit is stupid. Pace went with the QB he thought was best. Time will tell if he was right.

Dude it was obvious Trubs was a top QB prospect by the time the draft rolled around.
Yeah, yeah, I've seen it all from Cade McNown, to Grossman and now Trubz.

The face shit is stupid. Pace went with the QB he thought was best. Time will tell if he was right.

See previous comment>>>>#244
And see this post>>>#142 ***
Anyway...
Mahommes & Watson had all these attributes plus the experience / accomplishments, high ceiling etc. to back it up coming outta' college.
---------
We're not gonna agree on this.
There's no way any objective GM puts / trades up for a Qb with one yr. of experience and a bowl loss to a team with a substandard "D", over a decorated, winning Qb with with 3yrs. high level starting experience and a1-1 National Champion record. Fact.

We have Trubz, so we roll with it and hope we can get to the SB with him....like did we with McMahon

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
See previous comment>>>>#244
Anyway...
Mahommes & Watson had all these attributes plus the experience / accomplishments, high ceiling etc. to back it up coming outta' college.
---------
We're not gonna agree on this.
There's no way any objective GM puts / trades up for a Qb with one yr. of experience and a bowl loss to a team with a substandard "D", over a decorated, winning Qb with with 3yrs. high level starting experience and a1-1 National Champion record. Fact.

We have Trubz, so we roll with it and hope we can get to the SB with him....like did we with McMahon
Yes. All teams always take the QB with the most college success/experience, and they always turn out to be the best QBs in those draft classes.

/greenfont

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes. All teams always take the QB with the most college success/experience, and they always turn out to be the best QBs in those draft classes.

/greenfont
There's your ......./greenfont. Thanks R&S

To your sarcasm......No not necessarily

However....did u see where I said winner? I'll add play-maker, leader with "bring-the-team-from-behind" ability against top, pro talent "D" in big games i.e. championships.

Here's your take away...

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No

Also....did u see where I said winner? I'll add play-maker, leader with "bring-the-team-from-behind" ability against top, pro talent "D" in big games i.e. championships.

Here's your take away...
So basically, draft the QB from Alabama every year? Yeah...I dont think so...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

/greenfont
There's your ......./greenfont. Thanks R&S

To your sarcasm......No not necessarily

However....did u see where I said winner? I'll add play-maker, leader with "bring-the-team-from-behind" ability against top, pro talent "D" in big games i.e. championships.

Here's your take away...

So basically, draft the QB from Alabama every year? Yeah...I dont think so...
?

Ok I have no idea how this relates to what Watson did as a winner throughout his career and vs Alabama "D"....please go back my post.

Again.....
Here's your take away...

Last edited: