Is Mitch a good Quarterback (Kollmann Video)

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It makes me wonder what Pace saw in Trubisky in one season at NC that put him ahead of Mahomes with 2 1/2 seasons at Texas Tech that was worth trading up to get Trubisky.

Yeah, I don't know specifically. I do know that the vast majority of mock drafts (for what it's worth) had Trubisky as the first QB off the board. Not an excuse, but it's not like the Trubisky pick was some huge reach, at least as far as public perception **pre-draft** goes. I'd assume the insiders at ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, etc., just never caught up to GMs' rising interest in Mahomes late, or that rise never quite got to Trubisky's perceived position in the draft. I don't know.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The worth of trading up is always debatable but he picked who most thought the safest in terms of ceiling and floor. Biggest issue was that he was going to need the most time and why the plan was to sit him for a year to clean him up like Mahomes did. Would have been nice to have Nagy in 2017. Probably could have gotten enough out of his journeyman of choice to transition Mitch more favorably. All water under the bridge at this point and this year should let us know what we got by midseason.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I don't know specifically. I do know that the vast majority of mock drafts (for what it's worth) had Trubisky as the first QB off the board. Not an excuse, but it's not like the Trubisky pick was some huge reach, at least as far as public perception **pre-draft** goes. I'd assume the insiders at ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, etc., just never caught up to GMs' rising interest in Mahomes late, or that rise never quite got to Trubisky's perceived position in the draft. I don't know.
Word was that Cleveland was debating taking him at one and Pace knew they had the ammo to jump him if he didn't have an early agreement in place with the 49ers. He didn't plan on drafting that early again and hedged his bet for the guy he wanted. I had no issue with it whether it was needed or not. Right or wrong, it was his QB and he made certain to get him if Cleveland passed at 1. I though Mahomes would then go to Cleveland at 12 and Watson very shortly after. KC and Houston also moved up for their guys and made all 3 gone by 12.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
It makes me wonder what Pace saw in Trubisky in one season at NC that put him ahead of Mahomes with 2 1/2 seasons at Texas Tech that was worth trading up to get Trubisky.
It was more then Pace seeing it. The whole league saw it as Trubs was expected to go as No.1 QB taken. Young, smart, mobile, coachable, good arm, team player, loads of talent that can hurt you from the pocket and outside the pocket. A guy with a very high cieling. Still may turn out the best QB of the draft. This is not over it's just beginning.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mahomes is MVP. Yes, it's early in his career but he had more than a VG year. You can catch up a bit to that but you're still looking at tail lights. Fortunately, I never like expected a year out of Mitch like Mahomes had and was still happy with the pick at the time. There are only 3 QBs that have thrown 50 TDs in a season, Brady, Manning and Mahomes.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Watch Erin Rodgers get injured and DeShone Kizer starts dropping bombs. This place would implode..lol.
Deshone Kizer dropping bombs......bwahahahahaha

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have to agree with Midway on Mahomes, he's just ridiculous. Obviously he was the high boom or bust coming out of school; crazy talent but history told us Air Raid QBs don't pan out in the pros. But the NFL is changing, and Mahomes is the prototype contemporary QB.

Even a Watson fanboy like myself has to admit that if they were re-drafted today, Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky would be the order.

Mahommes 1st pick for sure. Watson/Trubs is a wash right now for me. Think whether you pick one over the other is probably dependent on scheme and your opinion of their ceiling. Watson obviously the better start to his career but in terms of projecting going forward, I probably lean towards Trubs right now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

It was more then Pace seeing it. The whole league saw it as Trubs was expected to go as No.1 QB taken. Young, smart, mobile, coachable, good arm, team player, loads of talent that can hurt you from the pocket and outside the pocket. A guy with a very high cieling. Still may turn out the best QB of the draft. This is not over it's just beginning.

The league also questioned Trubz' lack of experience. He also was suppose to be the most accurate. He wasn't...just
keeping this real vs. the phony narratives.

Anyway...
Mahommes & Watson had all these attributes plus the experience / accomplishments, high ceiling etc. to back it up coming outta' college. Trubz was the face ownership wanted. So we roll with it.

Last edited:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The league also questioned Trubz' lack of experience. He also was suppose to be the most accurate. He wasn't...just

Anyway...
Mahommes & Watson had all these attributes plus the experience / accomplishments, high ceiling etc. to back it up coming outta' college. Trubz was the face ownership wanted. So we roll with it.
I don't believe Pace put his job on the line over a face. Every member of the scouting staff had Trubisky as their 1. I would think Pace likes to out think others and it's more the reason. I don't buy the face came into play one bit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Anyway...

Dude it was obvious Trubs was a top QB prospect by the time the draft rolled around. The face shit is stupid. Pace went with the QB he thought was best. Time will tell if he was right.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

Anyway...

Yeah, I saw "Tom Brady like accuracy" thrown around here more than once...lol.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I saw "Tom Brady like accuracy" thrown around here more than once...lol.

If you're going to say something stupid at least do yourself the favor of fact checking.

Tom Brady 2018 completion percentage: 65.8%
Mitchell Trubisky 2018 completion percentage: 66.6%

That isn't to say Mitch is Tom but if your argument is accuracy then you're not exactly mounting a convincing argument against it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you're going to say something stupid at least do yourself the favor of fact checking.

Tom Brady 2018 completion percentage: 65.8%
Mitchell Trubisky 2018 completion percentage: 66.6%

That isn't to say Mitch is Tom but if your argument is accuracy then you're not exactly mounting a convincing argument against it.

When was the last time you saw Tom Brady wildly miss wide open receivers on a regular basis like Trubisky does, and leave drives and points on the field as Trubisky does?

Stats tell part of the story, watching the actual games tells the other part. Trubisky didn't make horrendous blunders like Cutler, but he wastes so many opportunities by not making available plays that he should.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That wasn't the argument now was it? He is talking about accuracy and completion percentage is a direct measurement of accuracy. As usual people that don't actually watch other players play as frequently as their team's players will have some pedestaled view of the other players. Tom Brady misses a lot of passes too believe it or not. Its a shame Mitch missed games last season or else it would be a more fair comparison since Brady had a lot more attempts because of it.

Sounds to me like you're more thinking of depth adjusted completion percentage. Which would be something that would just trigger you snowflakes because its a stat from that which isn't spoken of.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
That wasn't the argument now was it? He is talking about accuracy and completion percentage is a direct measurement of accuracy. As usual people that don't actually watch other players play as frequently as their team's players will have some pedestaled view of the other players. Tom Brady misses a lot of passes too believe it or not. Its a shame Mitch missed games last season or else it would be a more fair comparison since Brady had a lot more attempts because of it.

Sounds to me like you're more thinking of depth adjusted completion percentage. Which would be something that would just trigger you snowflakes because its a stat from that which isn't spoken of.

Never said anything about completion percentage.

I think that when ppl talk about Mitch's accuracy issues, we all know what's being referenced and it's those horrible overthrows where he misses by a few yards.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well when you exclude drops and throwaways its 75% for Brady and 71% for Trubs. Still a good percentage for Trubs but his issue is obviously when he misses, he misses badly.

One of his strengths in college was leading WRs and hitting them in stride and I would say he has not done that consistently enough yet in the NFL.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky did, on average, have longer attempts than most QBs in the league.....he was tied for 8th at 8.8 average Intended Air Yards.

Trubisky was also 1 out of only 8 QBs that got positive numbers on Average Yards to the Sticks. Basically was he throwing behind or beyond the first down marker on average.

The popular myth is that Trubisky was throwing a bunch of short passes and letting his guys do the work. All QBs do some of that, but the numbers show that Trubisky was in the top ten of throwing downfield and throwing beyond the first down marker.