Is Nagy a good coach?

• Yes

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Tostada

Liked Posts:
He's great. He's growing into the roll. He is subborn and overtly loyal to the veterans, you can tell he leans on the veterans on the defense. But the offense is young and immature and he is having a tough time finding an identity.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
He’s good, but very stubborn. He can talk new age all he wants, but he’s alpha as they come.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everything he does works better if he can get the OL functional. I'm still not crazy about the play calling but it looks much worse than it is because everything gets blown up. He seems a good to VG OC and VG to great HC right now but like players, it's too early to know. This is his 1st bout with adversity and a tough schedule. We'll know more by years end.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
How successful has the Andy Reid coaching tree been?

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
He is a great head coach. My only problem is the genius tag the media like to stick on him. IMO that has to be earned and so far our offence has shown more John Fox then Genuis of football.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Too early to tell, but he deserves time before people start seriously critiquing.

I know he doesn't have much experience, but because of last year, I think he deserves to be able to learn on the job. He seems to be growing. I disagree that he's stubborn. Game one he effed up not running enough, he identified it, and the next game he ran a lot more. Sometimes you're stuck with the personnel you have, so you don't have a lot of options. Game flow dictates things as well.

What we need to see is how good he is at working with Pace and identifying talent. Right now, statistically, Montgomery isn't looking too good. He doesn't do anything with the defense, so if the offense doesn't step up....we'll see how well he can hold the locker room together when the defense is tired of carrying the team...and certain offensive players are not getting the touches they want because of ineptitude.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think he's a good head coach. I think he needs to take a hard look at his OL, his playcalling, his personnel decisions, etc. He either needs a change in philosophy, or he needs help. Because this offense is not going to work without changes.

I think some of the shit last year that pissed me off with clock management and ingame management and decisions haven't popped up yet, so that's good.

He might need to abandon most offensive responsibilities. I don't know if Helfrich is the answer, though.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
When people say he needs to change his philosophy what specifically do they mean?

If he's been cultivating this offense for years with what he learned from previous coaching jobs...do ppl really think he's going to make a dramatic change?

I really think most coaches are more likely to get fired than make a dramatic change to their philosophy.

How far can his offense go with two backup QBs? Think about it.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Right now it looks like he is a good head coach. Hes a natural leader and motivator which is what you want in a head coach.

The problem is he doesnt seem to be a very good offensive coordinator.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Too early to say for sure but i'm definitely looking at him much different then the way i looked at him up until this season. Is he too much of a players coach and afraid to be hard on the players that aren't playing well or haven't progressed? Maybe. There's that clip of him yelling at Trubisky to man up but maybe it's the vets that he's afraid to be hard on.

I don't give a damn what anyone on here says but we have plenty of weapons on this offense starting with a legit #1 WR in A.Robinson. T.Gabriel isn't the best #2 and has always been more of that deep ball player like a D.Jackson or W.Fuller type but you can win with him on the outside opposite ARob and A.Miller has plenty of talent. T.Burton wasn't bad last year and put up #1 TE numbers, obviously not T.Kelce/Z.Ertz kind of #1 TE but still can again win with him as the #1 TE but we still keep hearing how he wants to bring him along slowly which has gone on too long and he should be back to playing #1 TE snaps by now. A.Shaheen has shown that he can catch the ball and be a great red zone target but Nagy for some reason just doesn't run many plays for him, not just in the red zone but at all. I think Monty has shown enough to say he could be a legit 3 down RB in this league and M.Davis can be a good backup. I know many of us turned on him after Nagy was playing him over Monty too much for us in the first couple of games but the guy already proved himself in Seattle that he can be a good RB. Cohen can be used all over the place.

With all that it comes down to the o-line being bad and for me the play calling being bad. The QB play has obviously been bad but it sure would be nice to see if it could be better if the running game was working, the o-line was doing their job with run blocking to help the passing game and the play calling was better. A good running game obviously helps to open up the passing game. I don't know what the fuck happened to C.Leno but he's absolutely killing us and K.Long is obviously done and needs to be replaced ASAP. We can get by with Whitehair, Daniels and Massie.

So with all that i put a ton of blame on Nagy and his play calling but it's not just him. Last week the defense got embarrassed by a Raiders team with a average QB who was without his top WR, who isn't even a real #1 WR to begin with in T.Williams. Chase Daniel and the offense have a great 3rd quarter and bad 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
His record is what it says he is.

While I understand that he is not in direct control of the defense, he is the HC, and he get both blame and credit for the entire teams performance.

What I like is that he is learning, and is NOT too stubborn to change his offensive plan.

I think I would much rather have a coach that likes to be imaginative (cute) with his play calling, but willing to reel it in when needed.

That is much better than a coach that is conservative and has no imagination.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do you get tired of defending these guys?

About as tired as you get of being the most negative person on this board. To show how much of a negative cluck you are you pick out one sentence in a long post where i put plenty of blame on Nagy and the o-line and others so good job picking that one sentence out you negative cluck.