• No

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Kyle Long is starting vs the Saints, then we have our answer.

Jcollins1977

Liked Posts:
Might have to wait a few yrs to answer this. Seems to have the personality for it but it takes years to determine. He could be a flash in the pan who ends up coaching Oregon in a few yrs, orrrr he could be a long term Bears legend. Right now I’d say he’s still green and figuring it out. This next draft/offseason and Trubiskys/ offensive development going into next year will be a determining factor. If we arnt matriculating the ball down the field consistently by week 9 I’d think that seat will be warm in 2020.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
He's the coach type that players love, not sure if it's good or bad from long term perspective (see Maddon - Cubs), I mean considering from team discipline, not slacking, etc. perspective.

On the other hand, as OC, his offense and play-calling, well, let's just say he ain't in that Reid/Shanahan/McVay class, and more negative Bears fans would say his offense is plain shit.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's the coach type that players love, not sure if it's good or bad from long term perspective (see Maddon - Cubs), I mean considering from team discipline, not slacking, etc. perspective.

On the other hand, as OC, his offense and play-calling, well, let's just say he ain't in that Reid/Shanahan/McVay class, and more negative Bears fans would say his offense is plain shit.

Lovie was a coach that players loved. He also had no part in drafting Urlacher, Peanut or Mike Brown. I believe most Bears fans don't want to waste a decade on another coach who is trying to "figure it out."

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Imagine if the offense was good.

Imagine if we drafted Mahomes.

We don’t need to imagine, just assess what is actually happening. He does not get half points for the defense he is there coach.

The run has declined significantly. The offense has gotten worse.

He suppsedly had it rolling all offseason then didnt use the preseason.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lovie was a coach that players loved. He also had no part in drafting Urlacher, Peanut or Mike Brown. I believe most Bears fans don't want to waste a decade on another coach who is trying to "figure it out."

But Smith had everything in place except at Qb.....right?

DanTown

Liked Posts:
He (and same could be said for Pace) are both average to slightly above average at what they do. That makes it very hard to win consistently in this league because average will be worn down by luck + injuries more than they'll survive them. The team should hopefully avoid a lot of 4-12/5-11 with them here but you kind of need a year like last year to be a 10+ win team. Overall, they're in that middle range of the league where 6-10 to 10-6 and everything inbetween is perfectly reasonable outcome.

It's tough for me to say that Nagy is that good with how many times I've seen him fail at simple strategy/timing/challenge areas as well as how poor the balance has been and how under utilized David Montgomery has been and that I think he's incredibly easy to scheme against.