Is Nagy holding the offense back?

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
For how bad Mitch has looked Nagy’s play calling is in question.

Can anyone describe what offense we run? I know i can not. We look completely lost on that side of the ball. Even last year what was our best play? The Trey Burton shuffle pass?

Trubisky and our players have to be better than what we are seeing..Right?

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
nobody is watching tomorrow night's game because we all know it's a loss for the Bears

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even last year what was our best play? The Trey Burton shuffle pass?

Did you forget TD receptions by the OL or TD rushes by the DL???

Obviously Nagy's problem so far is not getting Trubisky and Bobby Massie on the same page in the passing game.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Nagy had a super elite level QB that could throw it 50 yards downfield and hit receivers in stride like Gardner Minshew he would call that play. Nagy is stuck calling plays that mole eye can execute, dink and dunk, the NFL has figured that shit out.

Does anyone think Nagy is comparing Mitch and Drew Breese behind closed doors? I expect he is telling Pace to get him a real QB or they will both get fired.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Release the Kraken. Throw it deep. (After side stepping the unimpeded D line guys.)

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Abysmal quarterback play makes every playcaller look bad.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
holy shit, this board is getting Special person

its like people don't even watch the games

trubs played like shit both games this year. why are people trying so hard to make it more complicated? we all saw it.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
So the argument has to be that Nagy is the worst playcaller in the entire league. Like worse than the fuckstick calling plays for Jaguars and Panthers because they have nobodies throwing the ball better than Trubisky.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the point is that if you know you have a shit QB, you call plays to help said shit QB. Nobody is absolving Trubs here, but Nagy has been shit as well. Not just this year. He was pretty bad last year as well.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
the point is that if you know you have a shit QB, you call plays to help said shit QB. Nobody is absolving Trubs here, but Nagy has been shit as well. Not just this year. He was pretty bad last year as well.

There is no getting around bad QB play. Nagy has been hand cuffed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Abysmal quarterback play makes every playcaller look bad.

Abysmal OL play and playcalling will make every quarterback look bad.

It goes both ways.

Its like none of you have ever watched football before outside of the last two weeks.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, shitty QB play made him call 12 runs and 45 throws. So smart you are.

True, good QBs always cry about too many pass plays and prefer the ball out of their hands

msadows

Liked Posts:
True, good QBs always cry about too many pass plays and prefer the ball out of their hands

When your QB is struggling, your offensive line is struggling, and your WR's are struggling to get open, it probably isn't a good idea to pass the ball.

Just a reminder, no QB plays well when their oline is hot garbage. Not even the GOAT tom brady.

msadows

Liked Posts:
But you are right.

A good QB should wave his magic wand and fix all those problems. Evade all the pressure and throw a perfect dart to a WR with zero seperation.

Watch the all 22, mitch is a problem, but there are problems all over the field. When your fucking runningback is running into your tight end on a goal line run, that doesn't go on the QB.

When your fucking left tackle is getting blown up by a safety, that doesn't go on the QB.

When your center fails to read a fucking stunt and ends up allowing a free rusher, that doesn't go on the QB.

But you are right, I wish i had a qb who could work miracles.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
For how bad Mitch has looked Nagy’s play calling is in question.

Can anyone describe what offense we run? I know i can not. We look completely lost on that side of the ball. Even last year what was our best play? The Trey Burton shuffle pass?

Trubisky and our players have to be better than what we are seeing..Right?

Okay, let's flip the question. What offenses do the Pats, Chiefs and Texans run? Do they always just run one concept or are they multi-faceted in their attack? Do they go out of their way to get certain players going or does their gameplan change form week to week?

The days of teams running out of one primary formation or having one main concept are long gone. When it works everyone is happy. It seems like they are constantly one step ahead of the defense and they get their players in open space. It just seems easy. When it doesn't frustration grows and the fan base has no idea what they are even trying to accomplish.

After two dud offensive games you are firmly in the frustrated side. Try to be patient. There will be some natural regression to the mean, which will make everything feel better. If things remain the same then the season will be a wash and larger changes will be needed.

Tonight's game will be telling and I'm sure the players/coaches know they have to show something.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Our offense is called:

"WTF is everyone even doing? Get off the ground, idiot. Oh shit, no one blocked that guy. Fuck."

msadows

Liked Posts:
Okay, let's flip the question. What offenses do the Pats, Chiefs and Texans run? Do they always just run one concept or are they multi-faceted in their attack? Do they go out of their way to get certain players going or does their gameplan change form week to week?

The days of teams running out of one primary formation or having one main concept are long gone. When it works everyone is happy. It seems like they are constantly one step ahead of the defense and they get their players in open space. It just seems easy. When it doesn't frustration grows and the fan base has no idea what they are even trying to accomplish.

After two dud offensive games you are firmly in the frustrated side. Try to be patient. There will be some natural regression to the mean, which will make everything feel better. If things remain the same then the season will be a wash and larger changes will be needed.

Tonight's game will be telling and I'm sure the players/coaches know they have to show something.

My biggest issue with nagy isn't that fact. Every OC schemes a different gameplan for every opponent.

It seems nagy has issues adjusting his game plan throughout the flow of the game. Plenty of times he did it too late, some times he did it too early. It's not really alarming considering his limited time as a playcaller, but still, it all flows down to the QB, ALWAYS.

Thats why while mitch is bad, the guy who should be helping mitch is doing him no favors at times.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Our offense is called:

"WTF is everyone even doing? Get off the ground, idiot. Oh shit, no one blocked that guy. Fuck."

This should be post of the month. TBH.

Who says preseason isn't important? lol. Bet your sweet ass matt nagy plays his starters next year after two years of slow starts.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like how much people just focus on ONE thing in regards to how bad our offense has been. It's usually Trubisky. But in reality, it has been a comedy of errors.

Nagy sucks
Trubisky sucks
Oline sucks
WRs not named Allen Robinson suck
Mike Davis sucks
TEs suck

Who am I missing?