1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah man, he aint the problem its been a while since they were competing hard every night.

Youth, class, and energy is a good combo. They seem to be doing fine outside of a few bat flips and attitude, but they just letting people know they can play and they ain't losers.

The pitching is obviously the problem.

I was thinking about this today, and while I have been all in favor of keeping Abreu, the surpless of LF/DH guys and now the addition of Vaughn...who I think could be a DH fairly soon,

makes me consider very good deals in the White Sox near future favor that involve low cost pitching of high grade either in the majors or close to the majors.

if they could trade Abreu for pitchers specificially that are 1-2 years away, I would understand what they are doing.

Its kinda ironic that this rebuild began with the exodus of elite contract pitchers...and may have to finish its conclusion with the acquisition of the same at a cost to farm...but thats often how it goes when you create these "windows." The window won't have time to wait for pitching and they are going to have to pay from their surplus of middle infielders and OF's.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah man, he aint the problem its been a while since they were competing hard every night.

Youth, class, and energy is a good combo. They seem to be doing fine outside of a few bat flips and attitude, but they just letting people know they can play and they ain't losers.

The pitching is obviously the problem.

I was thinking about this today, and while I have been all in favor of keeping Abreu, the surpless of LF/DH guys and now the addition of Vaughn...who I think could be a DH fairly soon,

makes me consider very good deals in the White Sox near future favor that involve low cost pitching of high grade either in the majors or close to the majors.

if they could trade Abreu for pitchers specificially that are 1-2 years away, I would understand what they are doing.

Its kinda ironic that this rebuild began with the exodus of elite contract pitchers...and may have to finish its conclusion with the acquisition of the same at a cost to farm...but thats often how it goes when you create these "windows." The window won't have time to wait for pitching and they are going to have to pay from their surplus of middle infielders and OF's.

That said I would prefer they figure out pitching in free agency and by trading Madrigal or other minor leaguers.

1. Anderson
2. Moncada
3. Abreu
4. Vaughn DH
5. Ropert LF
6. Jimenez CF
7. RF may the best man win
8. C
9. 2B may the best man win

Whatever it ends up being its going to be wicked for a few years, like Houston deep...just 9 bats and 2 more in the minors. Even when they looked stacked they found Springer was gonna be all-star level too, and the White Sox are already nasty on paper before a few more surprises step up. Abreu is clearly of another generation from those guys and maybe that is a good thing...if they have a chance at signing Abreu...another way to look at it is that his caliber of Free Agent hitter doesn't seem to want to come to White Sox...so if you can make him your DH/1B another 5 years...extend him and be sure you have him around for the full window.

I just don't think you should let .300 hitters go.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or did the shift devalue Abreu?