Is the Andy Reid offensive system extremely overrated?

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
Why is all this love for the Andy Reid offense?
He has never won a Super Bowl

Prior to a few years ago---there was NEVER anybody saying Andy Reid's offense is the Marquee offensive system to run.

Those Eagles teams he coached had a good QB with stacked team on both sides of the ball. Those teams were not some roster where he did
absolute wonders offensively.

Why all the gushing praise? I believe its the most overrated offense system ever ----- I know its a west coast offense with some wrinkles but still.
Its usually about the personnel mostly that identifies with success of any system (offense or defense)

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Lifetime 61% win percentage. That's better than Pete Carroll and on par with Sean Payton.

I think people really underestimate just how hard it is to win consistently in the NFL and the very very few coaches that have done that throughout their career, especially with different teams.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lifetime 61% win percentage. That's better than Pete Carroll and on par with Sean Payton.

I think people really underestimate just how hard it is to win consistently in the NFL and the very very few coaches that have done that throughout their career, especially with different teams.

With all those regular season wins, and so many playoff appearances, only one Super Bowl appearance, and he lost.

I always thought he was the Lovie Smith of offense.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah because when I think of Lovie, I think of “so many playoff appearances”

You read how you prefer to read. I think my point was fair. Reid knows offense to the detriment of defense, and Lovie was the reverse. But you keep trying to be clever here. Have fun.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Or you can just not make a shitty comparison?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is all this love for the Andy Reid offense?
He has never won a Super Bowl

Prior to a few years ago---there was NEVER anybody saying Andy Reid's offense is the Marquee offensive system to run.

Those Eagles teams he coached had a good QB with stacked team on both sides of the ball. Those teams were not some roster where he did
absolute wonders offensively.

Why all the gushing praise? I believe its the most overrated offense system ever ----- I know its a west coast offense with some wrinkles but still.
Its usually about the personnel mostly that identifies with success of any system (offense or defense)
a case can be made that it struggles mightily against the best teams, but so does everybody except patriots right now.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Tj houshmanzadeh said a lot of the young offensive gurus are basically just running variations of andy reids offense.
It made me think and maybe he is right.
As far as foundational philosophies, I cant really pinpoint any main identifier, but he has been known as pass heavy, at times run heavy, also known for a pretty strong screen game.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Tj houshmanzadeh said a lot of the young offensive gurus are basically just running variations of andy reids offense.
It made me think and maybe he is right.
As far as foundational philosophies, I cant really pinpoint any main identifier, but he has been known as pass heavy, at times run heavy, also known for a pretty strong screen game.
You almost spelled TJ's name correctly. Just one letter off, I'm impressed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Players make the O, or D for that matter. Andy's O is well developed and option laden when it has the horses to run it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Reid’s offenses have been pretty good considering he's only had basically1 high-caliber WR ( Terrell Owens) during his coaching career. Reid’s offenses have always found ways to win with avg, "O" talent.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With all those regular season wins, and so many playoff appearances, only one Super Bowl appearance, and he lost.

I always thought he was the Lovie Smith of offense.

this

Reid puts together great teams, gets good production from the offense, can't run a D for shit nor find someone who can. Inverse Lovie.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so find a fangio or a pagano