Is the Andy Reid offensive system extremely overrated?

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Andy Reid knows how to coach QBs..McNabb..Vick..Foles..Smith..Mahomes..these guys have had great success under Reid..heck I would be surprised if Moore plays well the next few weekd

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Remember what I mention earlier about Mahomes not being 100% healthy? >>>>>>post #50

So.....I was speaking to and providing articles geared toward your comment in bold above.

And, the fact that, the play-calling should've reflected and or been skewed toward protecting him. Regardless of the injured "body part" i.e. the ankle .....one is best served by using overall protective play-calling for Mahomes. Yes? No?
Maybe?

---------

The Chiefs kept possession and lost the MVP of the league for the rest of the game, and perhaps longer. The Chiefs will have a definitive answer on Mahomes’ status when more tests are done.

There were no shortage of people on social media who were expressing outrage over Chiefs coach Andy Reid calling for the face of the franchise — and arguably the entire NFL —
to burrow under multiple 300-pound men to gain a yard. Mahomes entered the game battling an ankle injury that has limited his mobility for several weeks.

Was Chiefs coach Andy Reid wrong to call a QB sneak
Let's talk about the article. It mentioned that the sneak has a higher percentage chance of success than a running play (87.5% vs 68.75). They did have some commentary form Steeler OC Randy Fichtner that he doesn't like doing it in obvious situations, but then again the Pats always end up beating the Steelers when it matters and they have no issues with getting their 40 year old to do it, so maybe Fichtner should adjust a bit?

Anyway, I find it ironic that people are surprised that high end QBs get hurt and pretend this injury is so much different than Rodgers, Brady, Watson, etc.. of the previous years. It was a low percentage injury to his kneecap (which again I remind people that it's related to his hurt ankle).

If he was too hurt to play, then don't play him. If he's good to go, then let him play. Granted there are some things, like a sprint out naked boot that you probably don't want to run, but the reason why you don't is that his ankle has limited his ability to execute the play. In this situation he did convert, so he was able to execute, so there is no argument there.

People are making a big deal because they feel Mahomes' ankle injury should have prevented Reid from calling a successful 4th and 1 play that also ended in an unrelated injury. It was a good play call. Bad result for Mahomes, but would it have been better if he got hurt in the pocket where he's been already hurt numerous times this season?

Anyway, people were excited to see Mahomes and now they will have to wait. That frustration is coming out in a period-laced rage that the successful play call wasn't right? Okay. Whatever.

giphy.gif

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's just funny because it wasn't even on the same leg as his ankle injury.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Let's talk about the article. It mentioned that the sneak has a higher percentage chance of success than a running play (87.5% vs 68.75). They did have some commentary form Steeler OC Randy Fichtner that he doesn't like doing it in obvious situations, but then again the Pats always end up beating the Steelers when it matters and they have no issues with getting their 40 year old to do it, so maybe Fichtner should adjust a bit?

Anyway, I find it ironic that people are surprised that high end QBs get hurt and pretend this injury is so much different than Rodgers, Brady, Watson, etc.. of the previous years. It was a low percentage injury to his kneecap (which again I remind people that it's related to his hurt ankle).

If he was too hurt to play, then don't play him. If he's good to go, then let him play. Granted there are some things, like a sprint out naked boot that you probably don't want to run, but the reason why you don't is that his ankle has limited his ability to execute the play. In this situation he did convert, so he was able to execute, so there is no argument there.

People are making a big deal because they feel Mahomes' ankle injury should have prevented Reid from calling a successful 4th and 1 play that also ended in an unrelated injury. It was a good play call. Bad result for Mahomes, but would it have been better if he got hurt in the pocket where he's been already hurt numerous times this season?

Anyway, people were excited to see Mahomes and now they will have to wait. That frustration is coming out in a period-laced rage that the successful play call wasn't right? Okay. Whatever.

giphy.gif

I wasn't afraid to present an article that gave both sides of the coin. I knew u would go for the " It mentioned that the sneak has a higher percentage chance of success than a running play (87.5% vs 68.75)".....

but disregard the ...."There were no shortage of people on social media who were expressing outrage over Chiefs coach Andy Reid calling for the face of the franchise — and arguably the entire NFL — to burrow under multiple 300-pound men to gain a yard. Mahomes entered the game battling an ankle injury that has limited his mobility for several weeks. "......part. It's ok.

I understand. My point is when your injured it effects the whole body....mentally and physically.

It was a low percentage injury to his kneecap (which again I remind people that it's related to his hurt ankle).

My point is when you're already injured it effects the whole body....mentally and physically. Plus, on a Qb sneak, ya have 300lb ++ guys falling all over ya at high impact. If you're already injured does it matter what type of injury it is? I know how it feels to be at the bottom of a "pile up" and it's not fun. Ya just hope to get up unscathed....especially if ya suffering from another injury.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I wasn't afraid to present an article that gave both sides of the coin. I knew u would go for the " It mentioned that the sneak has a higher percentage chance of success than a running play (87.5% vs 68.75)".....

but disregard the ...."There were no shortage of people on social media who were expressing outrage over Chiefs coach Andy Reid calling for the face of the franchise — and arguably the entire NFL — to burrow under multiple 300-pound men to gain a yard. Mahomes entered the game battling an ankle injury that has limited his mobility for several weeks. "......part. It's ok.

I understand. My point is when your injured it effects the whole body....mentally and physically.

My point is when you're already injured it effects the whole body....mentally and physically. Plus, on a Qb sneak, ya have 300lb ++ guys falling all over ya at high impact. If you're already injured does it matter what type of injury it is? I know how it feels to be at the bottom of a "pile up" and it's not fun. Ya just hope to get up unscathed....especially if ya suffering from another injury.

He injured an entirely different body part on an entirely different leg. Morons going off on social media, after the fact, are completely irrelevant. There's been, what, two instances (now three) where QBs have gotten hurt on how many QB sneaks? I remember Matt Schaub, and recently I heard Tom Savage was another one. And they couldn't find any other instance where this has happened. It was a fluke incident. Mahomes, and any other QB, has a far, far, far likelier chance of getting hurt dropping back for a pass than running a QB sneak.