IST: Cubs at Brewers up at Wrigley North

chibears55

Liked Posts:
True... but it certainly does feel like there's something not entirely related to individual pitchers going on here. I mean it could be that the game plan willy is calling is sorta set up ahead of time and that's the issue. That would explain a difference from 2018 to 2019
That where sometimes you gotta go away from what the Data says and just use what working that day..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Webster was doing well in Iowa. Mekkes should also promote but that is a 40 man move.

I do believe it will be Ryan. Lefty for lefty.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
How many times do you see a pitcher and catcher on the mound discussing a sequence? All of the time. It is about those to discussing a approach. Sure they have tendancy info that they have seen but that is part of the discussion then they go with a plan on that sequence.

This feels like the back office is just taking that process away and they have never even played.

Ever wonder why Jim Hickey stepped down for unknown reasons?

Why Kintzler targeted having to follow game charts as his fall out in CHC vs being a sinker pitcher. Then Maddon telling him to follow his strengths?

Yes you are right. The know part is only for those personally involved
But when there is a reported issue of coach hired to push data ball and manager saying trust your self. And ex-PC walking away.

Ya I can speculate that real players are sick of the nerds taking over the game.

Well, they are down to 5 visits a game, so talking over an approach just cant happen anymore and have a pitcher stay in the game.. Eventually you might see Contrares walking up to the edge of the dirt around the plate and yelling something to the pitcher in some kind of code.

That is the whole difference between paper, video and what is happening that day. I made a comment about Lester Strope a few years ago, saying, when he picks up the phone to talk to the pitching coach, he should be able to say, Kintzler (so and so pitcher) does not have it today. There is no sink on his sinker, he cant find the plate, we better get someone else up. I got ridiculed into blaming Strope for pitching problems. The next day, he just might have it. Anyone that has throw pitches can attest to not having the good stuff on certain days.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well, they are down to 5 visits a game, so talking over an approach just cant happen anymore and have a pitcher stay in the game.. Eventually you might see Contrares walking up to the edge of the dirt around the plate and yelling something to the pitcher in some kind of code.

That is the whole difference between paper, video and what is happening that day. I made a comment about Lester Strope a few years ago, saying, when he picks up the phone to talk to the pitching coach, he should be able to say, Kintzler (so and so pitcher) does not have it today. There is no sink on his sinker, he cant find the plate, we better get someone else up. I got ridiculed into blaming Strope for pitching problems. The next day, he just might have it. Anyone that has throw pitches can attest to not having the good stuff on certain days.

Maybe. It just seems like there are people who are in a office calling in a sequence to Hottovey who then gives the sequence to Contreras who puts his fingers down according to instruction.

I really hate that micromanaging technique. No input just do as you are instructed to do.

I kinda get it with a rookie. I don't with a vet

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Find a way to not get swept. Bonus if you win next two. Have like 21 of next 30 at home or something crazy like that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The Cubs optioned right-hander Carl Edwards Jr. to Triple-A Iowa and placed lefty Mike Montgomery on the 10-day injured list with a mild left lat strain. Replacing the pair of relievers in the Major League bullpen are righty Allen Webster (contract selected from Triple-A) and lefty Kyle Ryan (recalled from Triple-A). Chicago designated righty Jen-Ho Tseng for assignment to clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Webster, who impressed during Spring Training.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kinda looks like Webster has starter history and the Cubs pushed him into the pen when they got him. Ryan same thing. So both have had multi purpose exposure

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice start, fuck this shit

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator