IST:Cubs@Cards

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Logic?
Put a catcher in right field

Maddon has done it a few times this year. I thought with the offense struggling, the Cubs could use his bat. Coming after an off day, it seemed like the perfect situation to use Contreras in the OF. Sorry you disagree. Sorry you haven't been watching the Cubs this year. Sorry for referencing something the Cubs have been doing this year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Can the media and fans just stop with the constant overhyping of this team? I saw a piece by some dumbass suggesting Bryant is having an "MVP type season". Really? 26th in batting average....46th in home runs...tied for 88th in rbi's...and everyone points to OPS...where he is 14th. Not bad....but in what friggin universe is that anywhere near an "MVP type season"? My gawd. This whole "core 4" has failed miserably...just like the end of last year. NOTHING has changed except they are now hitting even worse. They have scored 3 runs this entire series and TWO of them un-earned. Hey...if being just barely over .500 does it for you...whatever turns you on; but having the 2nd highest payroll in the majors and flailing like this...ESPECIALLY at the most important moments? This is absolutely pathetic. An embarrassment. Theo has done a horrific job putting this team together. With the 2nd highest payroll...to be struggling just to stay over .500? It's a friggin sh!t circus...with Theo as the ring leader...and what's he gonna say after the season? "These guys are gonna have to perform now...and I REALLY mean it this time....cuz the Ricketts aren't gonna spend any more money". And in fairness to the Ricketts....they gave Theo a shitload only for the "genius" to fart it all away on a bunch of overhyped ...overrated...under achieving lame asses.
You start your entire argument by stating his ranking in batting average, which makes it clear you are stuck in the past. Batting average?

You then mention where he ranks in RBI.

This post shows no understanding of a player’s value.

He really is having a strong season. Nobody is suggesting he is this year’s MVP. But he is having as good a season as when he won the MVP.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Maddon has done it a few times this year. I thought with the offense struggling, the Cubs could use his bat. Coming after an off day, it seemed like the perfect situation to use Contreras in the OF. Sorry you disagree. Sorry you haven't been watching the Cubs this year. Sorry for referencing something the Cubs have been doing this year.
I am not disagreeing, it was 10 innings this year. You keep at this like he played 20 games out there. Was that the one game you watched this year? The first 1.2 innings was when Maddon had Caratini at third and Willson catching. Caratini made a bad throw on a double play, they moved Caratini behind the plate and put Willson in right field with no other option other than pitcher. Then they tried one more game, he made a nice throw in the 8th, was way out of position and had to run where a second baseman not named Descalso would have caught the ball, just to run 200 feet, over run the ball and miss it, leading to Kimbrel blowing the save, oh, and dont forget, end up with a foot injury that put him on the IL days later.

You want his bat in the lineup, he needs to stay healthy. Running bases and 40 feet around his position is different than chasing balls in the outfield. That means he needs to stay off the IL too. Its not the fantasy or video game you seem used to.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I am not disagreeing.

Wow, thanks. You aren't disagreeing with something that actually happened. I'm not sure how you could "disagree"...perhaps the Cubs had a different player wear Contrares's jersey, thus he was seen playing the OF but it wasn't really him.

Again, I am sorry for putting forth a baseball thought.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Honestly if you traded those guys, had a year or two of high draft picks again, along with trading guys like Lester, Schwarber whatever you could be looking at having like a quarter of the top 100 prospects in baseball
well, Mookie Betts was drafted in the fifth round, so that brain trust finding talent just needs to be able to put said talent on the field and not having them dealt away. The trade off? That world series for having Gleybor at second base for 5 years and who knows how many titles. Our top draft picks, Almora, Schwarber, Happ, all are daily get rid of them material. No guarantees. Look at the poster boy in Appel.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wow, thanks. You aren't disagreeing with something that actually happened. Again, I am sorry for putting forth a baseball thought.

I think Schwarber farted before his grand slam, I guess he needs to do that every at bat.

What is so hard about agreeing that it was 10 out of 1000 innings played so far this year?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I think Schwarber farted before his grand slam, I guess he needs to do that every at bat.

What is so hard about agreeing that it was 10 out of 1000 innings played so far this year?

I forgot where I said that Contrares had logged 1000 innings in the OF this year. Even taking into account the standards of this particular forum, you are REALLY bad at this baseball discussion thing.

For the fourth time, I thought with the offense struggling, the Cubs could use his bat. Coming after an off day, it seemed like the perfect situation to use Contreras in the OF. You disagree. Great. But please don't use the term "logic", as you don't really have a grasp to its meaning.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
IM JUST HAPPY THAT CASTELLANOS PREVENTED THE CUBS FROM GETTING NO HIT

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I forgot where I said that Contrares had logged 1000 innings in the OF this year. Even taking into account the standards of this particular forum, you are REALLY bad at this baseball discussion thing.

For the fourth time, I thought with the offense struggling, the Cubs could use his bat. Coming after an off day, it seemed like the perfect situation to use Contreras in the OF. You disagree. Great. But please don't use the term "logic", as you don't really have a grasp to its meaning.

You want to keep beating your head to prove you are smarter than an idiot, be my guest. You are comparing a snap decision made out of duress, because maddon already exhausted his bench.

You are not even considering what impact that sprint had on his upcoming heel injury. Last time I talked from actual personal knowledge of how it feels when you get that injury after running with a heel / arch condition and I did not know what I was talking about either. Then its just, lets throw him back out there.

10 out of 1000 is like 1 out of 100, all I was pointing out was the "sample size" and a result of going on the IL. With Theo going out to get Castellanos, it sure sounds like it is not the move Theo wants to see made anymore. If an injury 2 days after playing the outfield does not find a place in logic, then logic just does not exist in baseball anymore.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I believe that Joe should have stuck to Holland in as a LOOGY. Bringing him in vs Weiters who is a SH just made him switch to a RH batter. It defeated the purpose of the match up.

It didn't change the O going flat but that definitely killed any will power to try to make a stab at it.

I believe that this needs to change for the Cubs to have a shot at it. The whole losing every away series sense late May. That has to end. Home cooking is a myth. And Joe really needs to stop making bad decisions like this.