IST:Cubs@Phillies

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
It’s sad but as soon as Strop hit the guy with that pitch I knew the Cubs were going to lose the game :( anyone else had that same feeling?

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Julie DiCaro is on the Score making some good points. Maddon DOES deserve blame for taking Darvish out with only 93 pitches. This was a critical game....and a horrible decision by Maddon to take him out. But blame goes to Theo too for keeping Strop on the roster....and for the rest of his horrible acquisitions this season. This is an organizational failure. The whole season.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Watch them sweep the Pirates this weekend, too.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
It’s sad but as soon as Strop hit the guy with that pitch I knew the Cubs were going to lose the game :( anyone else had that same feeling?
Yep. Everytime he takes the mound I have a bad feeling. I am sooooo sick of his faith in "Stropy". Strop is fine with a big lead.....except tonight I guess.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
If there was an excuse to launch Joe after tonight there it is for Theo. But I doubt it will happen. Joe can argue all my key relievers are hurt.

Too bad Happ wasn't up before the trade deadline. We could have got a good return for him.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Watch them sweep the Pirates this weekend, too.

If they gave a shit I would agree. this loss should lite up a flame behind their asses. Let's see. I hope you're right but since they have played like this since May, they will probably score 1-2 runs the first 2 games and struggle to win.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL oust Joe in the middle of August tied for the division lead. Get a grip ya weirdos

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I really didn't have any issue with not signing Harper or Machado. I would not have been upset if they had, but I wasn't upset that they didn't.

They committed a lot of $ to Cole Hamels, and he has done well.
The leadoff spot has hurt. And second base has been a black hole. Theo could not have foreseen Zobrist's situation, but it could just as well been an injury which you do have to expect to cost players some number of games.

I am just really tired of the constant lineup switches where everybody gets to play the same amount, everybody gets to lead off....fucking little league shit.

If Russell needs to go for his off the field shit, fine. But if he doesn't, you can't send him to Iowa and leave the team with one backup SS. If he goes, you have to acquire someone who can back that position up.

Contreras gets 4 days off per week. Javy has had one all year because we have no backup.

The pen? I expected with Kimbrel signing and Strop getting healthy (is he?) we'd not only be fine, but it could be a real strength. But it isn't. And waiting half a season and eight blown games to save teh draft pick will cost the season. How good must that drafted player be to alter the team's record by 8 games? Not signing a closer cost us that many.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Maybe they are broke. They have so many projects like the Hotel and all the other stuff their doing outside the ballpark they may be in debt right now. We don't know the real #'s but something happened this past offseason where Ricketts told Theo to fuck off.

The hotel charges $ 700 per night. If that thing isn't making money, somebody should be shot. ala Moe Greene.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well....he pulled Yu and Wick when he didn't need to.

I realize the pen is short handed, but this happens when it is not.

If a pitcher retires the first two he faces on weak ground balls, Joe pulls him for a lefty-lefty or righty-righty matchup, at 5-0 or 4-1 or whatever.

You don't need to switch out relievers when they are retiring men in a game that is not close. But he does constantly.

Some days, just let a guy finish an inning.

Tonight he pulled two effective pitchers.

Yep, however you want to paint the picture he has done this too often.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Julie DiCaro is on the Score making some good points. Maddon DOES deserve blame for taking Darvish out with only 93 pitches. This was a critical game....and a horrible decision by Maddon to take him out. But blame goes to Theo too for keeping Strop on the roster....and for the rest of his horrible acquisitions this season. This is an organizational failure. The whole season.
Strop being on the roster is a no brainer. That is not a mistake.
Who were the horrible offseason acquisitions?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I watched St. Louis win two recent world series in seasons like this.

They had talent, but played like crap for stretches at a time.

SF won three without being the best team in MLB any of those years.

I would love to see us get hot at the right time, because there IS a lot of talent on this roster.

But with Houston, LAD and NYY out there, it will take a lot to get through that gauntlet. But I sure as hell don't want to miss the playoffs entirely.

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
I really didn't have any issue with not signing Harper or Machado. I would not have been upset if they had, but I wasn't upset that they didn't.

They committed a lot of $ to Cole Hamels, and he has done well.
The leadoff spot has hurt. And second base has been a black hole. Theo could not have foreseen Zobrist's situation, but it could just as well been an injury which you do have to expect to cost players some number of games.

I am just really tired of the constant lineup switches where everybody gets to play the same amount, everybody gets to lead off....fucking little league shit.

If Russell needs to go for his off the field shit, fine. But if he doesn't, you can't send him to Iowa and leave the team with one backup SS. If he goes, you have to acquire someone who can back that position up.

Contreras gets 4 days off per week. Javy has had one all year because we have no backup.

The pen? I expected with Kimbrel signing and Strop getting healthy (is he?) we'd not only be fine, but it could be a real strength. But it isn't. And waiting half a season and eight blown games to save teh draft pick will cost the season. How good must that drafted player be to alter the team's record by 8 games? Not signing a closer cost us that many.

What is Zobrists situation? I don’t want to pry but I literally have no idea! All I’ve heard about him is he’s a quality veteran who gets the job done

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Maybe they are broke. They have so many projects like the Hotel and all the other stuff their doing outside the ballpark they may be in debt right now. We don't know the real #'s but something happened this past offseason where Ricketts told Theo to fuck off.

Negative, far from broke.

Unless Ricks is desperately borrowing money from Russian oligarchs to aid them in their money laundering, he can't secure loans from an FDIC lender unless he demonstrates solvency and measurable liquidity.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Who was the Brewers catcher last year who said that the Cubs were the easiest team to plan against because they do the same thing every single game? That tells you a lot.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Phillies were really reeling before sweeping this series. Cubs had a team that was on the ropes for the post season but this series just saved their playoff hopes.

I checked the WC teams and MAYBE other than the Dbacks , I don't think the Cubs could beat any of these teams in a 1 game WC game : Phils, Giants, Mets, Brewers, Washington.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The relievers induced three ground balls that should have been outs.
Bote and Happ fucked them all up.
Joe, in his infinite wisdom, yanked the pitcher who got the ground ball you want your pitcher to get, and brought in Strop. Strop has been good more than bad, but he always struggles if he doesn't start an inning clean. Then Holland!!???

Joe must get paid by the pitching change.

Darvish threw 93 pitches and was untouchable. So Joe took him out.
The GB to Happ he dove for. Your "should have been outs" is overly dramatic.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine blowing a 5-0 lead. Looks like the second half collapse is continuing. Let’s go! #EverbodyOut