IST: Cubs @ Pirates (V. Where is Silence)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I really hope Garcia is the real deal and isn’t a flash in the pan for a game or 2 and then struggle and get figured out like Happ etc.

I don't buy anything. Most teams have little info. Then scouts go out and watch habits and holes. Bote ring a bell. Then it is up to the player to adapt.

He has come in with a 30% SO rate in the minors. He will be exploited. The question is will he adjust or not.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That is why I would be happy with Caratini fitted in. He went through the whole beat down last year and adapted from it. He was a .300 hitter in the minors. Right now he is showing power also. I really see him as being a legit answer if they can figure something out.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That is why I would be happy with Caratini fitted in. He went through the whole beat down last year and adapted from it. He was a .300 hitter in the minors. Right now he is showing power also. I really see him as being a legit answer if they can figure something out.
"showing power" ?
His 2 HRs yesterday gave hm 4 on the season. A season in which every MLB player is setting career highs.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wasn't able to post during the game but was encouraged by what I saw. Now keep it going!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
"showing power" ?
His 2 HRs yesterday gave hm 4 on the season. A season in which every MLB player is setting career highs.

Concidering his limited role I would not judge him.

I would wait and see. The whole power spike by the new baseball theory is kinda bunk. Players are using Bryant's swing path more and more and going away from level swing paths. Add to it with statcast and other new tech hitters are able to min the holes in their swing.

The ball might be different but it still comes down to they still have to hit the ball true. And having a longer window of contact is factoring more.

That is why pitchers are starting to counter with a rising fastball that runs over the new swing plane vs a 2 seem that used to sink under the level swing path and now is falling right into it.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Before he became a shell of himself, Bryant would not have made an out when we needed insurance runs, up 11-3.

Three extra base hits and three runs today, and suddenly he allows himself to be retired by a major league pitcher.

On the other hand, it was nice that he heeded the advice to "save some runs for the next game". More players should intentionally make outs when they know we need the runs down the road. :)

(I don't have the Cubs in the 13 run pool, so it works for me.)
I would like to fully retract that statement.
KB is good. He is a block to build around, although his contract might not be doable for the club. He had an amazing MVP season that one would be stupid to argue he is now worse than that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Concidering his limited role I would not judge him.

I would wait and see. The whole power spike by the new baseball theory is kinda bunk. Players are using Bryant's swing path more and more and going away from level swing paths. Add to it with statcast and other new tech hitters are able to min the holes in their swing.

The ball might be different but it still comes down to they still have to hit the ball true. And having a longer window of contact is factoring more.

That is why pitchers are starting to counter with a rising fastball that runs over the new swing plane vs a 2 seem that used to sink under the level swing path and now is falling right into it.

Wow. Really?

The whole power spike theory is bunk?

You may literally be the only person to believe that.

Players are setting career highs in HRs before the all star break.

It’s real.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The ball is juiced.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The threads on the ball are not risen anymore. They did a study and when the threads were lowered by a millimeter in college baseball. The baseball was traveling 20 feet further on average. Think about major leaguers. Essentially, a major league ball is reacting like a ping pong ball. I have watched so many balls go out that everyone is like what? How did that get out? It should have been a lazy fly ball. It is true that players are elevating the ball now and swing paths do help this, but it is def the ball playing a huge role.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Raise the mound.:hitler: