Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think i'll take a few days off w/ this team. Summer's about to end and might as well enjoy one of it's last weekends.

I'm with you. Going to enjoy my weekend.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Did he come up as a 3rd baseman? I dont know but if he did, shouldn't he know how to play grounders already?
That’s not how things work. Ron Washington (Atlanta) is well known for the work he does with younger IF up at the big club level. Bote is one of those young players who is trying to fill a util role.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Bote didn’t pick the right hop. Pitchers need to throw strikes. Really frustrating watching Kintzler/Lucroy nibble with a rookie hitting below the Mendoza line.
Exactly. That joker was hitting below .200 and Kintzler walks him? Dear Lord.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Because if he kept Schwarber in LF and Schwarber cost them the game defensively, JimJohnson and all the posters who only show up when things go bad would have wondered why Joe didn’t make a defensive replacement. The game is simple. Managers manage. Players play. Players either make managers’ moves look brilliant or bad.
Managers MATTER....or else they never would have hired Maddon in the first place. Why not just keep Sveum if it's ALL about the players?

FattSlimm

Liked Posts:
5% chance they make it out of the first round of the playoffs. Team full of unmotivated prima donnas and chokers
I couldn’t have said it better myself. I would rather not see them even make the playoffs. Hopefully the aforementioned prima donnas get new homes in the off-season as a result.

FattSlimm

Liked Posts:
You catch the end shot where Bryant picking up his glove and walking back inside the dugout like nothing bad happened. So comfy, no anger, just ho hum.
My least liked player in Cubs history because of his lack of care/desire to win. BTW I’ve been saying that for years so certainly not a band wagoner.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I couldn’t have said it better myself. I would rather not see them even make the playoffs. Hopefully the aforementioned prima donnas get new homes in the off-season as a result.

I sort of feel the same way. Maybe if they miss the playoffs then it will fully sink in for Theo that this team isn't getting it done. And big changes may be in store.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Stick a fork in them. They are done.

Next.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
For as poor as some of the studs have played in the clutch....it still comes down to this shit tsunami of a bullpen. Cubs have lost 6 (SIX) games this year with the lead going into the 9th inning. MOST in majors. And is it 13 losses now with lead after the 7th inning? MOST in majors. THAT...right there has been a huge reason for this horrible season....and it IS horrible when u consider the talent they "supposedly" have. This team doesn't appear to have any emotion whatsoever. Part of it is just the general boring malaise they think a baseball player should behave like....but if they did have any feelings or emotion, how could they not be totally demoralized at this point? Knowing...no matter what they do...or how many runs they score....this garbage bullpen is gonna choke it away anyway? Kintzler did a snarky interview before the game. One of those "hey...this is baseball ...other teams are trying to win too" type of interviews. Then he proceeds to do what he did tonight. And what has Tommy Hottovy done for this bullpen? What has the new hitting coach done for the hitters? What has the genius Theo Epstein done with the 2nd highest payroll in baseball? Just like Bears fans keep going back to 1985...Cub fans keep going back to 2016 for backing Theo.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
For as poor as some of the studs have played in the clutch....it still comes down to this shit tsunami of a bullpen. Cubs have lost 6 (SIX) games this year with the lead going into the 9th inning. MOST in majors. And is it 13 losses now with lead after the 7th inning? MOST in majors. THAT...right there has been a huge reason for this horrible season....and it IS horrible when u consider the talent they "supposedly" have. This team doesn't appear to have any emotion whatsoever. Part of it is just the general boring malaise they think a baseball player should behave like....but if they did have any feelings or emotion, how could they not be totally demoralized at this point? Knowing...no matter what they do...or how many runs they score....this garbage bullpen is gonna choke it away anyway? Kintzler did a snarky interview before the game. One of those "hey...this is baseball ...other teams are trying to win too" type of interviews. Then he proceeds to do what he did tonight. And what has Tommy Hottovy done for this bullpen? What has the new hitting coach done for the hitters? What has the genius Theo Epstein done with the 2nd highest payroll in baseball? Just like Bears fans keep going back to 1985...Cub fans keep going back to 2016 for backing Theo.
Cubs fans blah, blah, blah. Cubs fans didn’t hire Theo or Joe. Cubs fans control nothing. Why? Because they are fans, not ownership.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Since ‘15 till now, the Cubs have had their best yearly winning percentage since the 1930’s.
The tanking was worth it for that one WS. But for the people that thought there would be 10 years of cost controlled “sustainable”success, think again. It’s been a good run but maybe ‘16 was their ceiling?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Since ‘15 till now, the Cubs have had their best yearly winning percentage since the 1930’s.
The tanking was worth it for that one WS. But for the people that thought there would be 10 years of cost controlled “sustainable”success, think again. It’s been a good run but maybe ‘16 was their ceiling?

Sure as heck looking that way. I'm happy with the WS. But if they don't at least make it back, then the era would be disappointing in a way... If that makes any sense.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Our pen! Hendricks taken out on only 77 pitches?? Bad move there! He could've finished. We would've won I bet.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Sure as heck looking that way. I'm happy with the WS. But if they don't at least make it back, then the era would be disappointing in a way... If that makes any sense.
Yeah, that makes sense to me. Too much talent on the team, success is to be expected in a way.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Our pen! Hendricks taken out on only 77 pitches?? Bad move there! He could've finished. We would've won I bet.

I'm starting to think we need to tell the starters "you're going 9 from now on, be efficient."

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
Still favourite for the division.......just!

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm tired of hearing about how the Cubs are still favored even though they keep losing. Such shit.