IST: Cubs @ Pirates

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago 82-74 (1st in NL Central) at Pittsburgh 65-91 (5th in NL Central)

chc.png

@

pit.png

Pitching Matchups

Game 1 — Tuesday, September 24. 6:05 p.m. CDT

Kyle Hendricks vs. Mitch Keller

Game 2 — Wednesday, September 25. 6:05 p.m. CDT

Jon Lester vs Dario Agrazal

Game 3 — Thursday, September 26. 6:05 p.m. CDT

TBD vs. Joe Musgrove

pnc_topv2.jpg

the-bobblehead-project-anonymous-cub-smashes-sammys-boombox

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It was pretty interesting the cubs did not even name any starters til after the St Louis series. At least their minds were on the series I guess.

Cant wait to see the same damn lineup

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoerner having a rookie game. Two errors. Two nice swings. Should have been on third on that double though

greg23

Liked Posts:
Great game to end the season

Vs awful team who quit and lost 9 in a row

No.hitter into 6th....then 7 hits allowed

4 errors

1 run from this offense again

Just give up , shut down Bryant, rizzo, baez, kimbrell and play a bunch of guys who havent played much

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Smells like ass

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Can anyone argue the Cubs are no joke...for real...the worst team in the major leagues? 2nd highest payroll in baseball and it all ends like this. Unbelievable isn't even a strong enough word to describe this embarrassing choke job. I've seen MANY Cub meltdowns in my life. MANY.......but this one may take the cake. Thank gawd for 2016.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
As much as i hate Joe Maddon's post game pressers...with all his sunshine and lollipops...and "everything is gonna be fine" BS all season long...and his "that was a great game" after another 1 run bullpen choke job crap....I can't pin this disaster on him. It's on the architect of this overrated, overhyped lineup...garbage (and i'm sorry to offend garbage) bullpen. Disastrous signing of Kimbrel etc etc etc...this death circus is firmly on Theo. Of course Maddon will be the sacrificial lamb...but this team doesn't even have any pride. Gutless frauds.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
5 errors with the season on the line? You literally can’t make this CHIT up. Players have lost respect for Circus Joe. #EverybodyOut ???

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Theo provided the expensive roster. I'd lay more blame on him than Maddon. But I stated a while ago that the Cubs need a different voice in the locker room. That doesn't change my mind on what I think of Joe as a manager. He's one of the best in the business. I love him. I've learned a lot watching him coach.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
that series at home vs pitt where they got into it fooled everyone. it wasn't that the pirates pitching was so bad, it's just the cubs lucked out the wind was blowing out. if the wind had been blowing in maybe they lose 2/3 that series.

then they tightened up vs the cards and wind didnt matter then.

ya this team sucks. one more brewers win or cubs lose and they're officially eliminated.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Theo provided the expensive roster. I'd lay more blame on him than Maddon. But I stated a while ago that the Cubs need a different voice in the locker room. That doesn't change my mind on what I think of Joe as a manager. He's one of the best in the business. I love him. I've learned a lot watching him coach.

I like Joe but it looks like his message isn't getting thru. I don't really blame Joe for X's and O's, every manager has his issues at times, but it was the ho-hum no accountability attitude he has w/ the team. That one post game conference after Kimbrel blew it vs the cards was really pathetic. No fire, no accountability. Its a country club.

Theo is at big fault too for this debacle.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Welp...... and, it’s now hockey season.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tonight is elimination night and the main event of the 1969 50th anniversary celebration. Let’s go!!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I like Joe but it looks like his message isn't getting thru. I don't really blame Joe for X's and O's, every manager has his issues at times, but it was the ho-hum no accountability attitude he has w/ the team. That one post game conference after Kimbrel blew it vs the cards was really pathetic. No fire, no accountability. Its a country club.

Theo is at big fault too for this debacle.

You really need to look at Joes success in comparison to payrolls.

Pretty much always had pretty low payrolls with the Rays, won the world series in 2016 with a team that was being paid 116 million, (14th highest) with, what 69 million going to Lester 25, Heyward 28 and Zobrist 16.

Those are the teams that buy into the hippie ball.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Todays lineup

Kemp LF
Happ RF
Garcia 2B
Caratini 1B
Lucroy C
Bote 3B
Russell SS
Almora CF

Wont even let Schwarber try to get to 40.

Seem to want to Dick Nico around service time, no reason he should not be leading off playing 2B.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Todays lineup

Kemp LF
Happ RF
Garcia 2B
Caratini 1B
Lucroy C
Bote 3B
Russell SS
Almora CF

Wont even let Schwarber try to get to 40.

Seem to want to Dick Nico around service time, no reason he should not be leading off playing 2B.
Yeah, cause we are rooting for individuals achievements from a team of players that doesnt give a shit

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Those are the teams that buy into the hippie ball.
[/QUOTE]

Hippie ball .............. thats gold, Jerry, gold.