IST: Cubs @ Reds

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I had a feeling Joe was going to do this. Bryant is crushin and Baez keeps hitting. Need OBP guys in front and Heyward hasnt been cutting it.
Yeah I mean I don't hate it. Been saying since before the start of the season I thought he made sense in the 2 hole for similar reasons.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I keep telling myself that Bote needs a few days off but every time I'm thinking that, he gets a few hits or makes a good play in the field. Roundabout way of saying, I'm glad he's sitting tonight.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not a huge fan of the line up.

I like Cartini at 1B. So that part is good.

Descanasio is pushing a 79 wRC+ with a minus glove. They are better off keeping Russell in there right now. Even though he has 15 PA you really need to see if he can hang with their ace.

Schwarber...man IDK honestly. I really would rather have him in between Bryant and Baez vs Descanasio.

Regardless not a huge fan but results hold more weight.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I had a feeling Joe was going to do this. Bryant is crushin and Baez keeps hitting. Need OBP guys in front and Heyward hasnt been cutting it.
And he swings at first pitch and grounds out weakly..lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Third base bag drives in 2. I will take it

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought the guy behind the plate did a decent job last night....tonight, back to the erratic bullshit. You'd think it was his first game behind the plate.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Big ole rain delay coming if radar is right.
Can Monty go again tonight or we gonna need Chatwood?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Big ole rain delay coming if radar is right.
Can Monty go again tonight or we gonna need Chatwood?
Get through 5 with the lead and hopefully they call it would be best case scenario for cubs

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great job! Contreras never hit his knees once on back to back wild pitches. Gross inning

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lol...
Bottom of order, just get 3 outs
Home run to 8 hitter
Single to pitcher
All hell breaks loose and lose the lead and probably the game with rain getting worse

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Reds going into stall tactics now to get the game delayed and called

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well this line up just died after Contreras tonight.

I'm kinda at the point that I wouldn't mind Donnie Dewees called up and Mark Zagunis DFA'ed. 30 AB's They are not using him. .233/.324/.657 Very much of a waste of space.

They they could do a strait platoon in CF leading off with Almora taking over late innings full time to lessen the noodle arm.

But Donnie at Iowa .303/.408/.475. Has speed but not utilized in that regard. But would add a element of speed for Joe late game.

The whole Schwarber lead off is absurd. Heyward leading off absurd. It is time to end the madness.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well this line up just died after Contreras tonight.

I'm kinda at the point that I wouldn't mind Donnie Dewees called up and Mark Zagunis DFA'ed. 30 AB's They are not using him. .233/.324/.657 Very much of a waste of space.

They they could do a strait platoon in CF leading off with Almora taking over late innings full time to lessen the noodle arm.

But Donnie at Iowa .303/.408/.475. Has speed but not utilized in that regard. But would add a element of speed for Joe late game.

The whole Schwarber lead off is absurd. Heyward leading off absurd. It is time to end the madness.
Why you shouldn't get suckered into guys like Schwarber and Heyward having a good week or so , these two guys haven't hit or hit consistently going on 5 seasons now..

Cubs need more out of them then being able to take some walks..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Why you shouldn't get suckered into guys like Schwarber and Heyward having a good week or so , these two guys haven't hit or hit consistently going on 5 seasons now..

For the budget it makes sense to DFA Zag and promote Dewees right now. Happ is sucking at .228/.358/.368. It is accually pathetic watching him go up and look for a walk. Dewees has a nice balance at the plate. 14 BB in 99 AB. 30 hits. He is not going up there looking for a walk. But he will take what the pitcher gives. Even SO's 13. So he is not over matched vs the competition.

It is time for a change.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never change guys

Anywho,

9:05 P.M. restart

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's always been an enigma to me. Why these mopes are so into something that they dislike so much. If watching the Cubs is that distasteful....pretty easy solution is not to watch.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lol...
Bottom of order, just get 3 outs
Home run to 8 hitter
Single to pitcher
All hell breaks loose and lose the lead and probably the game with rain getting worse
When is the last time we had a gane shortened by rain? 1999?
They wait four hours these days

TL1961

Liked Posts:

If he is at leadoff, I am ok with walks. Why would he need singles instead?