IST: Cubs @ Rockies

CSF77

Liked Posts:
As we know, a reliever is either perfect or horrible, right?

Regarding Edwards.

He has a 1.00 WHIP.

to be fair

Posters can recall specifically because of infrequently

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Add to it.

Strop has a 1.00 WHIP. .187 BAA.
Edwards 1.00 and a .137.

This really just comes down to luck and situational pressure.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
the funky delivery strikes again. Hopefully it will be internal, like DFA Brach, bring up Alzolay or just leave Maples here so he can pitch and not think he will be on a bus the next day.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I enjoyed his appearance the other night when he came in against the cardinals and walked two guys and couldn’t finish the game with very little pressure. Edwards is mentally weak and not trustworthy. Hopefully this will be his last season with the team.

Time out, time out here. When exactly did the inability to locate pitches become a mental thing? I never knew telekinesis played a part in pitching. Always thought God given ability, repetition and practice were the key. Silly me......

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So from the video Kintzler and him were playing catch. And the ball Kintzler threw ends up hitting Cishek in the inner knee on the right leg. Only word so far is severe brusing.

At least it wasn't a screamer from the batter box.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Time out, time out here. When exactly did the inability to locate pitches become a mental thing? I never knew telekinesis played a part in pitching. Always thought God given ability, repetition and practice were the key. Silly me......

Pitching Mechanics are a big deal. If you move from one side of the rubber to the other it throws off all of your angles.

For him to create muscle memory for 30 days then to have a umpire to declare it illegal it is not this easy thing to overcome. Sure he was upset. Why wouldn't he be upset.

What matters is what has he done after he was given the time to adjust to a legal felivery?

1st 3 games: 16.20 ERA

May 3.00 ERA
June 0.00 ERA.

It takes innings to over come those 3 starts. I'm pretty sure if Cishek's injury becomes a DL stint that Edwards will become more of a focus.

In the pen Kintzler, Strop and Edwards have been the best 3 arms. It really wasn't Cishek. Cishek was given the opertunity to close.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwarbs!!!!

Hamels pitches out of a jam and the Cubs offense puts up a 5 spot. Nice

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I'm liking Caratini a lot more than I did last year. He is becoming a fine 1a catcher and would make a great CSS Mod

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hamels 2 run single off he lefty. lol

Cubs pouring it on

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
So, what has not been reported yet, is KB is sitting after being hit twice yesterday. Javy takes one up and in, and then Hamels plunks Arenado, who gets a boo boo and is taken out of the game. Instead of the Rockies retaliating and actually throwing at hamels, Cole has 2 hits and is driving in runs.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Pitching Mechanics are a big deal. If you move from one side of the rubber to the other it throws off all of your angles.

For him to create muscle memory for 30 days then to have a umpire to declare it illegal it is not this easy thing to overcome. Sure he was upset. Why wouldn't he be upset.

What matters is what has he done after he was given the time to adjust to a legal felivery?

1st 3 games: 16.20 ERA

May 3.00 ERA
June 0.00 ERA.

It takes innings to over come those 3 starts. I'm pretty sure if Cishek's injury becomes a DL stint that Edwards will become more of a focus.

In the pen Kintzler, Strop and Edwards have been the best 3 arms. It really wasn't Cishek. Cishek was given the opertunity to close.

I’m not just saying Edwards is mentally weak because of his issues this season, to me it has showed up time and time again over the course of his career. Yeah his numbers do usually look good at seasons end (don’t look at his playoff numbers though, yikes!) because he gets plenty of low leverage situations. Often Maddon does a good job of getting him out quick when he brings him in in close games and Edwards walks the first guy or two which also saves his whip and era.

Also people want to mention his issue is control and that has to due with repetition and practice, but generally his command is not much of an issue in low leverage situations.

Edwards is a good kid with great stuff and if he can prove me wrong I’ll be thrilled. But I’m going to side with history for now that Edwards does not show up in big moments. With a1 run lead, for now he is one of the last people I want to see coming in.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I’m not just saying Edwards is mentally weak because of his issues this season, to me it has showed up time and time again over the course of his career. Yeah his numbers do usually look good at seasons end (don’t look at his playoff numbers though, yikes!) because he gets plenty of low leverage situations. Often Maddon does a good job of getting him out quick when he brings him in in close games and Edwards walks the first guy or two which also saves his whip and era.

Also people want to mention his issue is control and that has to due with repetition and practice, but generally his command is not much of an issue in low leverage situations.

Edwards is a good kid with great stuff and if he can prove me wrong I’ll be thrilled. But I’m going to side with history for now that Edwards does not show up in big moments. With a1 run lead, for now he is one of the last people I want to see coming in.

Short term memory is wonder ful.

2016 Joe could only trust 3 guys from the pen.

See if you remember them.

And Lester doesn't count.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Today is an example why I didn't say push Hamels to the pen.

Some days he really looks like that Phillies pitcher.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
A win is a win. But of course the awful Branch couldn't preserve the shut out.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
A win is a win. But of course the awful Branch couldn't preserve the shut out.

Indefrence to the runner.

I'm looking at 2 SO and 0 BB. That is what mattered more.

I still believe that he is getting the hatchet when Kimbrel gets here. 2.01 WHIP is unacceptable.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Short term memory is wonder ful.

2016 Joe could only trust 3 guys from the pen.

See if you remember them.

And Lester doesn't count.
Chapman, Edwards and Montgomery? Pretty sure he didn’t trust anyone other than Chapman based off bullpen usage in the World Series