IST: Cubs vs Angels

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Pitching change decisions are questionable.

Love Pat Hughes, his partner is ok

Len K Sounds like Kermit the Frog, not a fan and his color guy is knowledgeable but boring as fuck also sounds like Dan Roan (not a good thing).
While I agree len and jd can be pretty dry, I think it is worth watching some of the other local teams to get a feel. Sadly i'm closer to STL which means the "free" sports channel i get with my cable is FSMW. So, occasionally I'll have to watch the cards feed of cubs/cards games that aren't on local tv(local some how gets chicago?) and jesus I can't stand their cast. To give you some idea, just picture meat ball homers calling a game. Their hot takes are always anti whatever team the cards are playing.

The reason I really appreciate Len and JD is that they obviously present the cubs in a favorable light which you would expect for the home team feed but they don't go over the top with it. And they also have intelligent discussions about what goes on in the game. For example JD had a interesting comment the other day in Lester's start where he said he didn't agree with walking heyward to get to the pitcher(jd is a former pitcher) and laid out his reasoning. And then low and behold Lester comes up and gets the big hit validating him.

I'll definitely agree there are better voices to call games but i care more about what's being said than the aesthetic of it.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I agree len and jd can be pretty dry, I think it is worth watching some of the other local teams to get a feel. Sadly i'm closer to STL which means the "free" sports channel i get with my cable is FSMW. So, occasionally I'll have to watch the cards feed of cubs/cards games that aren't on local tv(local some how gets chicago?) and jesus I can't stand their cast. To give you some idea, just picture meat ball homers calling a game. Their hot takes are always anti whatever team the cards are playing.

The reason I really appreciate Len and JD is that they obviously present the cubs in a favorable light which you would expect for the home team feed but they don't go over the top with it. And they also have intelligent discussions about what goes on in the game. For example JD had a interesting comment the other day in Lester's start where he said he didn't agree with walking heyward to get to the pitcher(jd is a former pitcher) and laid out his reasoning. And then low and behold Lester comes up and gets the big hit validating him.

I'll definitely agree there are better voices to call games but i care more about what's being said than the aesthetic of it.

I wouldn't argue your points About LK and his partner and the other broadcast teams around the league. Better options for the Cubs than them though.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't argue your points About LK and his partner and the other broadcast teams around the league. Better options for the Cubs than them though.
Such as? Like if you're talking nationally televised then sure I agree but there's a huge drop off when you're talking specifically team broadcast teams. Outside of a few of the big west coast teams none spring to mind really. Maybe NYY too but i don't watch them so i'm no familiar with their group

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Kasper when he guests on radio but to perfectly honest he's not much better than anyone who does baseball today. They are cookie cutter announcers who lack individuality....maybe they have it deep down but are afraid to use it. For that reason, I really don't listen to play by play anymore. I miss guys who were unique in what they did....for the Cubs of course that means Harry but even Brickhouse had a style different than most. Today, you see none of that. Maybe they want to grab the bonus bucks of doing occasional national broadcasts like Kasper does from time to time. Who knows? I do know I wouldn't miss it if they went without announcers like the NFL experimented with a few years ago.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Len and JD. Every now and then JD says something that legit makes me lol.

It's subjective, of course. There are many people that both love and hate all broadcast teams. Fucking can't stand Joe Buck and the St. Louis broadcasters, though...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I sure hope baseball is not taking the NBA approach to resting players. Trout with a groin, dont know if that means he is on a three day holiday getting laid or hurt, but you dont let your superstar play, we will sit our superstar that your fans want to watch deal.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I want real cubs in there. Mark Grace would fit and party all night around the park, Gary Matthews, really do not know why they went out of the organization of talent. Maybe some of the other options, like Kerry Wood just dont want to travel that much anymore.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Heyward making easy catch look hard

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good Lord....the players are now making the calls. These umpires are really getting bad.

Bo Racho

Liked Posts:
if you guys don't rock Stratton, it's time to worry.

so, what's the forecast for tomorrow? all we're hearing is that it's highly doubtful the game gets played

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs will need a bunch today....real good swings at Hendriks so far. Very little downward movement on his pitches which usually spells disaster for him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contreras, back the fuck up. 3rd one already

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you guys don't rock Stratton, it's time to worry.

so, what's the forecast for tomorrow? all we're hearing is that it's highly doubtful the game gets played
Our offense is not our problem so far this year. They have raked.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What a dumb dumb dumb inning. Playable ball in foul territory, catcher interference and then a hit from Zack Cozart who entered 1/30.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Starting to look like Theo should of waited before extending Hendricks...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks