IST: Cubs vs A's

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On to the Reds, time to have a winning road trip.

During last nights Reds game they're announcers were talking about the Cubs being their whipping boy, that needs to change.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No, I missed it, I am glad you brought it up so you know it all's can start apologizing that he would never catch again. Hell, you did not think he even had gear again.

I guess we will be signing Lucroy today. I cant think that Carrot tops catching hand is going to feel too good today after getting slid into and God forbid Schwarber has to catch in a real game.
Well, we know-it-alls also didn’t think davis would join the pitching staff. You got us!

It’s official: Kyle is a catcher.

What position is he playing today, BTW?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
On that note, victor did a great job behind the plate today. He was framing well and Q was hitting his glove a ton. I was impressed with him. He will never be a good defensive catcher but he did real well today with receiving the ball

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Well, we know-it-alls also didn’t think davis would join the pitching staff. You got us!

It’s official: Kyle is a catcher.

What position is he playing today, BTW?
Yeah just like you to shit all over a guy who has a 1.000 fielding percentage and has not allowed a single stolen base when playing the position this year.

Before I get 20 responses to this from the know it alls, this is meant as a joke. a real cub fan would get the joke without needing to have it explained.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kyle Schwarber on the homestand: 17 PAs, reached base 13 times. 2 HRs a double and six RBI.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They are finalizing the deal today so I would assume he is healthy or why sign
Saw that he will join team in Cincy and pitcher Taylor Davis has been sent to Iowa.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wondering if it came out in S/T and he got sent to AAA over the drama. Soon after it came out as a divorce but you have to expect that was brewing up for a while and Zo's head was not in the game before his leave of absence.

Now the juicy part is Zo is pending and Happ is cementing 2B up. You never know of that rumor is real or fake and if the 2 already had it out if so. But going to get intense if not.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Wondering if it came out in S/T and he got sent to AAA over the drama. Soon after it came out as a divorce but you have to expect that was brewing up for a while and Zo's head was not in the game before his leave of absence.

Now the juicy part is Zo is pending and Happ is cementing 2B up. You never know of that rumor is real or fake and if the 2 already had it out if so. But going to get intense if not.

This makes pretty much zero sense at all in light of just about every public statement Theo Epstein has ever made about the importance of team culture, but it's not bad fanfic.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Miguel Montero publicly criticized a teammate and he was gone in what, less than 24 hours? The idea that a player as mediocre as Ian Happ would be allowed to pound the 2016 World Series MVP's wife and remain in the org, let alone come back on the ML team, is just gonzo. And then the Cubs are going to have some Bravo-esque reality trash-t.v. reunion between the two when Zobrist also returns, in the middle of a playoff race?

Come the fuck on guys.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miguel Montero publicly criticized a teammate and he was gone in what, less than 24 hours? The idea that a player as mediocre as Ian Happ would be allowed to pound the 2016 World Series MVP's wife and remain in the org, let alone come back on the ML team, is just gonzo. And then the Cubs are going to have some Bravo-esque reality trash-t.v. reunion between the two when Zobrist also returns, in the middle of a playoff race?

Come the fuck on guys.

Happ showed a couple short lived hot streaks when he first came up, you think what he's doing now will last?

Management let on until recently that it was'nt known if Ben was coming back.

Come on Fat.

The person that told me is the owner of one of the most popular steak/seafood restaurants in the area (chicago suburbs) for more than 30 years and is very well respected.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:

Come the fuck on guys.
Wait, what? That's all Maury Povich and shit. Link?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Happ showed a couple short lived hot streaks when he first came up, you think what he's doing now will last?

Come on Fat.

The person that told me is the owner of one of the most popular steak/seafood restaurants in the area (chicago suburbs) for more than 30 years and is very well respected.

Well it makes for good drama for sure.

The part that gets me is they are supposedly upstanding Christians. So this whole wife hitting the younger bat is pretty crazy.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Come on Fat.

So uncorroborated, thirdhand information?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
On to the Reds, time to have a winning road trip.

During last nights Reds game they're announcers were talking about the Cubs being their whipping boy, that needs to change.
Cubs won the last series versus them

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So uncorroborated, thirdhand information?

You don't have to believe it. I don't fall in for a lot of shit, I can usually filter out the BS but I do tend to believe this person no reason not to. Could it be Shite, sure.

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Says the guy who promised that Lovie would take the Illini to a bowl game by his 3rd season. LOL
What a great come back! I’m such a horrible poster that Illinois should go bowling in year 4 instead of year 3 of TLSFP.