IST: Cubs vs Cards

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Stay on topic, I never said the offense was bad. I'm saying we could do better offensively than Almora and Schwarber and that should be the goal. Doesn't Schwarber lead MLB in called third strikes?

Who you want them to replace them with? Either via FA (now or past off-season) or via trade?

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Arguing that the team should improve their two worst hitters (one of which is an excellent defender for his position) is classic.

Also kind of just waves away the Zobrist situation and its impact.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Who you want them to replace them with? Either via FA (now or past off-season) or via trade?
I like Theo, but it's his job to find better players. Don't ask me to do it because I dont have all the inside information on players and their availability. I can't believe that he is satisfied with either player as long term solutions. Does anyone really believe that Schwarber will ever hit more than .235? If you are satisfied with one bomb a week and 5 called third strikes, then fine, but I'm not.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Arguing that the team should improve their two worst hitters (one of which is an excellent defender for his position) is classic.

Also kind of just waves away the Zobrist situation and its impact.

I want to start by saying I mostly disagree with omelette on everything because he is a dingus troll.

This offseason I really was hoping the cubs would make Michael Brantley a priority though because he was exactly what the team needed. A contact hitter, that hits for high average. He’s what the line up has been missing the last couple years and the opposite of everything they struggled with down the stretch last year. I know he probably wasn’t in their budget, but he would have been a great fit.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I like Theo, but it's his job to find better players. Don't ask me to do it because I dont have all the inside information on players and their availability. I can't believe that he is satisfied with either player as long term solutions. Does anyone really believe that Schwarber will ever hit more than .235? If you are satisfied with one bomb a week and 5 called third strikes, then fine, but I'm not.
But he takes a lot of pitches and walks..lol

I said in ST and I'll say it again,this is a transition year..
after most everyone had a down year last season, Theo gave these guys this season to either show they belong or theyll be gone.
Right now only Rizzo Baez Contreras and Bryant have stepped it up, so unless the others step it up going forward you'll probably see changes made in offseason

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I really never liked Theo, but its the fans job to accept what we have for good or bad. The first few years was trust Theo, name your kids after Theo, but this is the same exact lul he had in Boston. He does not choose good free agents, never has, its all been development. When it came time to push for the world series, he gave up three possible all star talents who were his choices. Thats where I always go.

But now, the cubs got a big gift with Cargo, go out and get Kimbrel, and what is the talk before Kimbrel appears in a game (even before a press conference) who are we getting next. The only get we should be looking for is either Gore or Hamilton from KC last day of the deadline. 9th inning run the bases and catch a baseball. But our current flavor of fans want more and more and are willing to shit over players we have now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Schwarber has a .332 OBA. He has no business leading off

As far as being a starter I would first push him down in the order.

This happens after he leads off. He gets into walk mode and forgets to hit.

Last year he put up a 115. Now he is not. It really becomes that simple and just because Joe thinks that he could be a good lead off it doesn't make it true.

Leading off with Rizzo is a better temp solution but they need a better solution.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Power hitters that go into "walk mode" have lost their confidence and edge

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Power hitters that go into "walk mode" have lost their confidence and edge

I tend to think it relates to his ADHD.

One of the big problems is Difficulty paying attention. Why he preferred catching because it countered it.

What I believe is hapening is he is focusing way too much on one aspect of hitting because that is what is expected of the role. Which is OBA. But by doing that it has shut down other parts of his approach at the plate.

I just feel that he is just not wired correctly to be a lead off.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
D8j8cssXkAM3Or9.jpg

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not good, Lester throwing meatballs

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Contreras and Heyward. Gotta be the last two guys on this team I want to see up there with a guy on 3B and less than two outs. Contreras in particular better get his head out of his ass or he'll find himself sitting behind Caratini.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Contreras and Heyward. Gotta be the last two guys on this team I want to see up there with a guy on 3B and less than two outs. Contreras in particular better get his head out of his ass or he'll find himself sitting behind Caratini.
Contreras With runners in scoring position, is hitting .326/.475/.940 this year, I think that is ok.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lester with a solid performance. He had to adjust to the umpire and his tight zone. Good job by hiim to not allow anymore.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lester with a solid performance. He had to adjust to the umpire and his tight zone. Good job by hiim to not allow anymore.

I was out to dinner with the wife....didn't see the first inning or so. Did see that he threw like 36 pitches in the first alone and still got a 6 inning start in. That is impressive.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was out to dinner with the wife....didn't see the first inning or so. Did see that he threw like 36 pitches in the first alone and still got a 6 inning start in. That is impressive.

He really got it together after the 1st.