IST: Cubs vs Cards

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darvish deserved better than that. If Almora reads the line drive right, Darvish wins that game.

Yeah...you know I think Heyward gets that with the height, just that height + arm difference I think its an easy play to cut off. Almora had it but he was both extended and twisted and just late, plus the late jump, angle off by a foot got behind him...he still had a chance if he could have opened the glove at right moment, would have been a ridiculous catch for him

but it doesn't get passed J-Hay's height so easy I don't think. Shitty to make a defensive substitution and get burned by it but it happens...

if Castenellos hadn't flubbed an easy play in the 8th maybe Madden doesn't make the switch? Thats what happens when you put a cold defender out there too though, gotta go with the guys whose minds are in the game.

I thought Darvish was the right call through 8, but he barely got through that. The conditions were horrendous, and was surprised to see Darvish bat. Took an at bat away for insurance...

because even with history...I gotta roll Kimbrel out there in those conditions. Perfect place...you go straight from Darvish to your closer and he goes out and exercises the demons. I feel like mentally toughness, he is the only guy I ask to go out there...sending the message that you still trust him...he has to get it done, and doing so right there in those conditions I think you get your closer back mentally if he gets it done.

I wanted to see Kimbrel's arm dangling in the rain with that stare...

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll name the series for you.

The "It ended in tears" series.

Rutger Hauer did die this year, so in memory of him...this series shall hither to forth be known as the

"In the end, all were lost. Lives in time, lost, in the end, like tears in rain series"

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, they say that Joe dont listen to the social media crowd, but having Darvish throw in the 9th was just showing that he has never had the feel for the bullpen or a pitching staff.

Could not give Mills a shot to get thru 5 after only giving up 2 hits, pulled lester and hendricks early, Q could not finish 4, so the pen was lost, but Joe just cant do much right lately.

Lead off a gimp got us 0-4 series. Its just finished. Thanks for the memories Joe.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
This "core 4" needs to be looked at objectively. If Bryant is still considered a "superstar" then maybe you look at what you can get for him. He's 22nd in batting average..tied for 21st in homeruns...15th in OPS...and his best stat is on base % where he is 9th. That's pretty good. That's a good baseball player you'd like in your lineup. His numbers drop considerably however with RISP. You don't wanna quit on a player like Bryant some say...but it's him that's going to quit on the Cubs. He's already turned down an extension and has the biggest dickhead agent in the business with Scott Boras. He's gonna be a free agent and go to the highest bidder anyway in 2021.

The bullpen was a damn death circus. Kimbrel? Oh my gawd. What a friggin disaster. May have to just eat that money. He may very well be DONE...and just chalk it up as the disastrous signing it was. Lot of changes coming.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
You don't wanna quit on a player like Bryant some say...but it's him that's going to quit on the Cubs. He's already turned down an extension and has the biggest dickhead agent in the business with Scott Boras. He's gonna be a free agent and go to the highest bidder anyway in 2021.

Yeah, maybe they should trade Bryant and sign Rendon in FA, that way they won't have to deal with Scott Boras anymo---

What's that?

Are you serious?

Fuck.

REALITY CHECK2020

Liked Posts:
Chicago 82-70(2nd in NL Central) vs. St. Louis 85-67 (1st in NL Central)

chc.png

vs.

1200px-St._Louis_Cardinals_logo.svg.png

Pitching Matchups

Game 1 — Thursday, September 19. 6:15 p.m. CDT

Kyle Hendricks vs. Jack Flaherty

Game 2 — Friday, September 20. 1:20 p.m. CDT

Jose Quintana vs. Michael Wacha

Game 3 — Saturday, September 21. 1:20 p.m. CDT

Cole Hamels vs. Dakota Hudson

Game 4 — Sunday, September 22. 1:20 p.m. CDT

Yu Darvish vs. Miles Mikolas

wrigley_top.jpg

the-bobblehead-project-anonymous-cub-smashes-sammys-boombox
This was a TOTAL BUST! Could have put Cards 1 game back of us and Brewers just 1 game ahead. Instead, we drop all 4 games to go 7 back and get CLOSER TO THE REDS than we do to the Cards!

REALITY CHECK2020

Liked Posts:
Well, some trouble for Hendricks here..
Pretty rough when you have to bring up another Pro SportTeam, and from over a decade ago, to sooth the pain of not having a baseball team that can deliver year after year like the Cardinals have done. We might want to "hate" them, but the Cards have the longest stretch in the Majors (along with NYY) for winning seasons. 1 WS in 108 years to their 11. Think about it before you post something stupid.

REALITY CHECK2020

Liked Posts:
WE ARE NOW THE BOSTON RED SOX.....JUST WITH 3 LESS WORLD SERIES RINGS IN THE 21ST CENTURY!
WIN THE WORLD SERIES AND THEN MISS THE PLAYOFFS. AT LEAST WE DID THIS;
2016 win the World Series
2017 win the Division and loss in the NLCS
2018 make it in as a Wild Card team and get knocked out in Wild Card game
2019 miss the playoffs entirely.
See a trend here?
THIS TEAM IS DONE, AS THEY NOW EXIST. NO PLAYERS, UNLOAD CRAZY CONTRACTS AND SEE YOU IN ABOUT 7 YEARS.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WE ARE NOW THE BOSTON RED SOX.....JUST WITH 3 LESS WORLD SERIES RINGS IN THE 21ST CENTURY!
WIN THE WORLD SERIES AND THEN MISS THE PLAYOFFS. AT LEAST WE DID THIS;
2016 win the World Series
2017 win the Division and loss in the NLCS
2018 make it in as a Wild Card team and get knocked out in Wild Card game
2019 miss the playoffs entirely.
See a trend here?
THIS TEAM IS DONE, AS THEY NOW EXIST. NO PLAYERS, UNLOAD CRAZY CONTRACTS AND SEE YOU IN ABOUT 7 YEARS

Is that a promise?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
who the fuck is this guy lol

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
This "core 4" needs to be looked at objectively. If Bryant is still considered a "superstar" then maybe you look at what you can get for him. He's 22nd in batting average..tied for 21st in homeruns...15th in OPS...and his best stat is on base % where he is 9th. That's pretty good. That's a good baseball player you'd like in your lineup. His numbers drop considerably however with RISP. You don't wanna quit on a player like Bryant some say...but it's him that's going to quit on the Cubs. He's already turned down an extension and has the biggest dickhead agent in the business with Scott Boras. He's gonna be a free agent and go to the highest bidder anyway in 2021.

The bullpen was a damn death circus. Kimbrel? Oh my gawd. What a friggin disaster. May have to just eat that money. He may very well be DONE...and just chalk it up as the disastrous signing it was. Lot of changes coming.

I guess you do not know that Scot Boreass is Rendon's agent.