Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't blow it closer boy.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you but I’m still a little confused, especially in this situation as there was only one out at the time?
Well the other part of it is if the runner leaves before the ball is caught, then if a defender with the ball steps on the base before he can get back he is out.

if there are two outs he may as well not tag up because the inning is going to be over if it's caught.

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
Well the other part of it is if the runner leaves before the ball is caught, then if a defender with the ball steps on the base before he can get back he is out.

if there are two outs he may as well not tag up because the inning is going to be over if it's caught.

Haha so that’s when the runner goes back and forth and looks a bit stupid and then tagged easily?! ?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Think that is the right end game combo.

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
Good to see that even though the cubs lead was gone twice in the game, they fought back and went on to win! Very positive!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
From what I’ve read about him on here he used to be quality...what happened? Injuries and age?

2 seam fastball sinks into the common swing path.

Add to it the current baseball are launching easier.

So it is a bad combo with hitters going golfing.

But I like Wick he pretty much comes in with a 96-97 4 seam countered by a curve ball. He is bringing a strong power pitching combo that has excelled this year.

He is making the loss of Edwards go away.

I think that he is cementing taking over the 7th. Cishek and Kintzler both just lack the velocity. Chatwood holds too much value as a 2 inning guy.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
My eyes tell me Ryan is getting the job done lately. Do the stats back me up?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
My eyes tell me Ryan is getting the job done lately. Do the stats back me up?

Man if he was pitching from the right side he would get wrecked.

89-91 sinker. 88 cutter and a 91 4 seam.

Basically a fastball pitcher that lives off of movement vs velocity.

I wouldn't bank on him long term. He lacks a fastball that he can ramp up to the mid 90's or a change up to get them on their front foot. No legit breaking stuff.

So it feels short lived success.

Wick IMO will Excell as he matures. Going 97 hard and then dropping a 77 curve is pretty nasty from a set up.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I wouldn't bank on him long term. He lacks a fastball that he can ramp up to the mid 90's or a change up to get them on their front foot. No legit breaking stuff.

Wick IMO will Excell as he matures. Going 97 hard and then dropping a 77 curve is pretty nasty from a set up.
Yeah, but do you have any metrics?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well looking at it again he did toss the first guy a 80 curve for a ball. I really don't feel that is a pitch that he would go to normally in a higher leverage scenerio. But I did like how he was locating his pitches.

So we will see with him. His curve broke more like a slurve vs a 12-6 hammer so it is alright. Not really a knock out pitch. Finding a strong offspeed really will up his game.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
538 currently has both Cubs and Cards finishing 87-75 with Cubs having a 67% chance of making the playoffs. Cards hold a 70% chance. Brew Crew is predicted 5 games back at 82-80. Interestingly enough, they give the Cubs a better chance of winning the World Series...4% to 3%. :D

DB012031

Liked Posts:

Love what Ryan is doing this year but I hear what you are saying about short lived success. In a way, I kind of get that Brian Duensing feeling. If we recall, Duensing had that fantastic 2017 and then that was about it (outside of a really good 2010 where he was a starter). Keep Ryan in that mid-leverage type situation for the remainder of the year and bring him back next year to see if this year was lightning in a bottle or a trend of something better.

As for Wick, I don't want to get too excited, ..but the kid is a fucking savage right now. 97 Heater but then can drop to 78-80 MPH on the curve ball...Devastating combination and no situation seems to big for him right now. He is the kind of power arm we have been missing in the bullpen for a while now. Ride that train till the wheels come off. Wick/Kimbrel in the 8/9 and Kintzler/Chisek/Ryan in that 6/7/8(situational) and now we take some pressure off the starters.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
538 currently has both Cubs and Cards finishing 87-75 with Cubs having a 67% chance of making the playoffs. Cards hold a 70% chance. Brew Crew is predicted 5 games back at 82-80. Interestingly enough, they give the Cubs a better chance of winning the World Series...4% to 3%. :D
Cubs are @StLouis the final 3 games of the season....☠hopefully the road carnage will get better.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Dodgers have to be the fav. Their rotation is the best only the stroes match up