CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I understood. I get that coaches aren’t addressing mlb pkayers as a high school coach would address his.

But I also want the staff, starting with the manager, to be having the necessary candid conversations.

Is someone addressing weaknesses, or do they just wait to ship them to Iowa.
You didn’t understand. I’m done with this convo.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That guy was found and perma banned.

"The incident last night is truly disgusting," Epstein said. "It gave me shivers to watch that, that that would take place at Wrigley Field. ... We've made clear how egregious and unacceptable that behavior is and there's no place for it in our society, in baseball and there's certainly no place at Wrigley Field. The person responsible for that gesture will never be welcome back at Wrigley Field. I think it's important to have a strong response, to send a message that this is a place of inclusion."
Upon doing some research, I have to ask if this was a racist symbol. It looks like this is phony based upon a troll job from some members of 4chan. Also the gesture wasn’t below the waist, which, if I have my information correct, that’s what makes it the WP sign. This is really confusing. Add in they brought up the wife beater to play for the team, but this guy gets a permaban? Strange. I also want to know more about this “fan”.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nice ending.

Well with Strop on the IL with another hammy... Leon Durham X2 . Joe was saying all hands but I'll be honest here. He wants it to go-to Chatwood if he can pound strikes.

Well I've been looking at it some what. Edwards is almost all 4 seem usage. He might throw a hammer 1x per inning. But he is a easy book to read.

Chatwood on the other hand. First guy he mixed 2 seem with a change and a curve. Then got a X2 play on a 2 seem. Then 3rd guy went 2 seem and 4 seem attack. 2 seem at 95. 4 seem 96-97 MPH.

Now Joe is not wrong here. Stuff wise Chatwood has closer stuff and if he is attacking the plate with that arsenal this might become a new thing.

Even velocity Edwards was pounding 93-94. Ryan and Cishek we're rarely touching 90. Even Kintzler pounds a 92 MPH sinker. I don't know if you want that with the stakes high pressure.

So that is my take on this.
Chatwood is hitting 96 on his fastball, he controls that slurve at 85 and that fastball looks 101.

What we see is umps calling pitches on reputation with Chatty. That called strike three they missed against the cardinals is what the worry is.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Upon doing some research, I have to ask if this was a racist symbol. It looks like this is phony based upon a troll job from some members of 4chan. Also the gesture wasn’t below the waist, which, if I have my information correct, that’s what makes it the WP sign. This is really confusing. Add in they brought up the wife beater to play for the team, but this guy gets a permaban? Strange. I also want to know more about this “fan”.
Look, the peace sign gets designated as a lesbian signal if you put your tongue thru it. This symbol was started in jest, lived for 2 decades in jest, then got used so much someone tagged it to white supremacy.

To be brutally honest here, I heard about the symbol being thrown behind Glanville before I knew what they symbol was, and I was, in my head, trying to figure out how someone makes a swastika gesture with their fingers. It is why some are called libtards.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Guess what. He is banned. And if he didn't know. It was a derogatory symbol well now he does.. now we all know to.

Cubs did what they had to do. Damage control and made a stance. Unfortunately the current climate in the country has created the need to do this

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Best statement about it:

Jason Heyward didn’t seem all that surprised when asked for his reaction.

“I’ve been black my whole life,” he said.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
The people here with furrowed brows trying to understand what's wrong with flashing a previously-innocuous symbol that has been adopted by the white supremacy movement behind a black reporter are probably the same type of people who can't understand why flashing "88" with your hands is a bad thing, because "it's just a number."

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The people here with furrowed brows trying to understand what's wrong with flashing a previously-innocuous symbol that has been adopted by the white supremacy movement behind a black reporter are probably the same type of people who can't understand why flashing "88" with your hands is a bad thing, because "it's just a number."
I throw gang signs all the time if it makes you feel better

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
D6IehxPXoAAmv0B.jpg

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Natzi flag did not have the same meaning before the 3rd reich. Now no one knows the history predating the symbol because it was perverted into what it represents now.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Natzi flag did not have the same meaning before the 3rd reich. Now no one knows the history predating the symbol because it was perverted into what it represents now.

So what you're saying is a group of extremists co-opted a previously innocuous symbol and now it's socially unacceptable to use it?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Guess what. He is banned. And if he didn't know. It was a derogatory symbol well now he does.. now we all know to.

Cubs did what they had to do. Damage control and made a stance. Unfortunately the current climate in the country has created the need to do this
It's a hoax that started in early 2017. I'll wait until the identity of this person comes out to find out what their background is.

https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-symbol-became-a-popular-trolling-gesture

This is thanks to a 2017 hoax campaign started by members of the notorious website 4chan that has since taken on a life of its own.
The 4chan site is an anonymous discussion board with an outsized cultural impact on the internet. It has been responsible for everything from the “I can haz cheeseburger” cat meme to the concept of Rickrolling. There is little that 4channers like as much as a hoax, and in recent months, they have served up a number of fakeries with white supremacist themes to largely credulous online audiences.
The “OK” hand gesture originated as one of these hoaxes in February 2017 when an anonymous 4channer announced “Operation O-KKK,” telling other members that “we must flood Twitter and other social media websites…claiming that the OK hand sign is a symbol of white supremacy.” The user even provided a helpful graphic showing how the letters WP (for “white power”) could be traced within an “OK” gesture. The originator and others also suggested useful hashtags to help spread the hoax, such as #PowerHandPrivilege and #NotOkay. “Leftists have dug so deep down into their lunacy,” wrote the poster, “We must force [them] to dig more, until the rest of society ain’t going anywhere near that s***.”
It is important to realize that the “OK” gesture is a nearly universal hand gesture and most usage of it is completely innocuous. Even when used as described here, the fact that white supremacists, the alt lite and many Trump supporters all use the symbol means that one cannot assume that anyone who poses with such a gesture is intending or exhibiting an association with white supremacy. Only if the gesture occurs in context with other clear indicators of white supremacy can one draw that conclusion.

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
There are people here who think Chris Steele had an impeccable reputation and his bullshit dossier wouldn't be full of Russian disinformation.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
There are people here who think Chris Steele had an impeccable reputation and his bullshit dossier wouldn't be full of Russian disinformation.

There are also people here who said over and over again for two years that it was raw human intelligence that needed to be corroborated by other sources and methods, only to have the legion of slack-jawed mouth-breathers here fail to understand them every time. And again, it seems.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So what's going to be the cost for a rental closer this season - Schwarber or Russell + mid-level prospect? Happ + high-level prospect?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what's going to be the cost for a rental closer this season - Schwarber or Russell + mid-level prospect? Happ + high-level prospect?
I can see Happ and Russell being dangled with some minor leaguers. We dont have high end prospects. Hoerner is the best and the Cubs arent going to want to give him away. They are going to need a cost controlled player when Baez, Bryant, Rizzo plus will need to get paid.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If I'm not mistaken that person left his seat after the incident. They had to search their data base to who bought the tickets.

This alone should say that he knew exactly what he was doing and bolted after it.

If you were just playing a game and had no knowledge then why bail out after it

Trying to cover for a supremacist is disgusting.