IST: Cubs vs Padres

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago 52-44 (1st in NL Central) vs San Diego 46-50 (5th in NL West)

chc.png

vs.

1200px-SDPadres_logo.svg.png

Pitching Matchups

Game 1 — Friday, July 19. 1:20 p.m. CDT

Jon Lester vs. Eric Lauer

Game 2 — Saturday, July 20. 1:20 p.m. CDT

Jose Quintana vs. Joey Luchessi

Game 3 — Sunday, July 21. 1:20 p.m. CDT

Kyle Hendricks vs. Cal Quantrill

103219363_w.jpg

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Vol. Ricketts are broke so no Machado for us.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vol. Ricketts are broke so no Machado for us.
Weird Zack. logo is there and you can click on it. It showed on preview and now its blank but you can click it and it pops up in new window. Ill fix it but want you to see it first. @zack54attack

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Little surprised by today's line up. I know Joe likes to go infield defense when Lester pitches, so I get Russel at 2nd, but surprised that with both him and Maldonado that Schwarbs hits the bench after homering in 3 straight. I get that the Padres are putting a Lefty on the mound today, but this line-up leaves a lot to be desired. Will be a low scoring game for sure..

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Almora, Russell, Bote, Maldonado

Wear your hittin’ shoes again, Jon. ?

We will be fine.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Game 2 is sketchy.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Little surprised by today's line up. I know Joe likes to go infield defense when Lester pitches, so I get Russel at 2nd, but surprised that with both him and Maldonado that Schwarbs hits the bench after homering in 3 straight. I get that the Padres are putting a Lefty on the mound today, but this line-up leaves a lot to be desired. Will be a low scoring game for sure..
Maddon doesnt go day by day with lineups. Players are told a series in advanced. This was planned. He said this earlier this year. He only switches last minute if something changes.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Maddon doesnt go day by day with lineups. Players are told a series in advanced. This was planned. He said this earlier this year. He only switches last minute if something changes.
I just hope afterJoe gets bitched out by lester about getting pulled in the fifth, he pulls Maldonado too.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Guess this lefty is so bad that Joe decided to give him a fighting chance with this fish flop line up.

DB012031

Liked Posts:

Here is the article, if anyone is interested: https://www.saukvalley.com/2019/04/...s-ahead-to-give-players-advance-look/aazfkl9/

I don't agree with this way at all (he just started doing it this season). The night/day before, maybe, but 3 days in advance makes no sense. The fact that the players had to go to him to play Bote in that Arizona series, when he had the hot hand, just proves that point. Yes, its only 1 known instance, but chances are its not the only time...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Guess this lefty is so bad that Joe decided to give him a fighting chance with this fish flop line up.
Considering Almora is hitting like .220 against lefties too.

I liked the first visit by Hotpants, "Oh, we must have forgot to tell you Martin, our Ace does not field or throw the ball to bases, its all your responsibility".