IST: Cubs vs Padres

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That is why Theo was targeting Greene. Strop and Cishek are gone next year. Kintzler is a F/A. Morrow you have to doubt that they pick up. So it is an intelligent move to go after a legit set up now. It pushes Cishek into a roll that has been less reliably manned by pitchers like Edwards and Brach.

Dont really give a flying fuck about who will be on the field next year, you use your best performers with the game on the line. Theo will probably bring in 4 or 5 new ones by then.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'll clear the air that this talk of posters supposedly wanting to trade Baez as muchado about nothing. There were some sportscasters who wanted to trade Baez and posters complained about it and I supported the discussion of Baez being tradable. Looking at his numbers at the time, there wouldn't be any reason why some sportscasters wouldn't be discussing it.

Being tradable means that he has value.

Allot of posters have this feeling that trade away = he sucks. And it is plain naive.

No value = waver wire.

Value= retain or trade.

There are many reasons why a player gets traded. Samardja got traded because Theo did not want to match his asking price. Were they close enough at that trade point? Yes because Lester came over the next year. So it was a good return offer for the Cubs.

I see this as a bunch of writers looked at the 50% strike outs and Russell at SS and thought let someone else deal with it. Sell now.

Now the difference between him and Happ is in adjustments. Pitchers will get scouting reports and attack. Javy adapted by going to RF. After time it became throw me outside and it is going into the RF bleachers.

Happ I believe they are trying to level his swing.

Ok this is my problem with that. Is he incapable of swinging at the fucking ball. Is he just stuck in a set swing path and if that ball happens to just fall into it well sucks to be you... Come on now. How about teaching these guys to attack the baseball. Be adaptable at the plate. Don't be stuck into this major uppercut swing that makes you vunerable to a rising fastball.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Dont really give a flying fuck about who will be on the field next year, you use your best performers with the game on the line. Theo will probably bring in 4 or 5 new ones by then.

So now it has become I don't give a flying fuck. Vs I don't know flying fuck.

I'm happy that you are improving.

Joking aside. Theo rarely makes deals just to make them. He makes deals intelligently. Q cost more because he came with control. The results are 20/20 crap and keep that out of topic.

Looking at this deadline Theo knows that Strop is 34 and he is not going to a long term option as a set up. That is why he was asking on Greene. It makes sense today and next year at this point. It makes the end of the game more lock down and gets a early start on creating a stable bull pen.

I for one would be very pleased with that deal. It addresses a lacking in the line up and completely removes Morrow from the equation going forward.

Over all win win.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to seeing Nice Guy Manny assist the Cubs with their annual September collapse.

Let’s go! EverybodyOut