1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nothing easy with this team. SMH.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cubs lost a game Monday that they should have won, and are 5-1 since the break. This is what they can do. Keep it up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nothing easy with this team. SMH.
Kintzler has not been scored on at home all year. He has been terrific. If you are going to give up 2, doing it while up 4 is agood time.

Seemed pretty easy.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Regretfully we are not accepting losses at this current time. Complaints can be left at 1-800-shutuup. Thank you.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Solid win....again the Dildo/Alts are missing in action joined the DarvishSucks Club. Too bad, they missed a good game.

While not entirely innocent on the Darvish front myself....there were a handful of guys who correctly predicted that it would take him some time to get it right. Kudos to you guys!!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Solid win....again the Dildo/Alts are missing in action joined the DarvishSucks Club. Too bad, they missed a good game.

While not entirely innocent on the Darvish front myself....there were a handful of guys who correctly predicted that it would take him some time to get it right. Kudos to you guys!!

I'll feel better when he gets his ERA under 4. But adding his splitter helps.

He also said that this year he has been at 100%, but after being injured he was compensating and those habbits were carrying over and it took time to redevelop proper mechanics. The split was added due to renewed confidence on the mound.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kintzler has not been scored on at home all year. He has been terrific. If you are going to give up 2, doing it while up 4 is agood time.

Seemed pretty easy.

Think Kimbrel slipped him a 100 to get a save opertunity myself...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll feel better when he gets his ERA under 4. But adding his splitter helps.

He also said that this year he has been at 100%, but after being injured he was compensating and those habbits were carrying over and it took time to redevelop proper mechanics. The split was added due to renewed confidence on the mound.
He is using his whole repertoire with confidence. He believes in his stuff again. Talent was never the issue

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Next step he needs to make is getting past the 5th or 6th.

6IP today, 0 ER, 2H, 0BB.....and Joe had to use the pen three innings.
That's the next thing we hope to see - stay in the game.

But today was a good outing. No doubt.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Some interesting stuff at https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/cole-hamels-throws-24-pitch-bullpen-session

Given the way the schedule works out, a fifth starter would be needed on Aug. 3 against the Brewers, providing a possible target date for Hamels' activation.

The Cubs will need a fifth starter for Tuesday's game in San Francisco and there is a chance that right-hander Alec Mills gets the call for that outing.

(Sales pitch?):

Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. "Listen, I have a lot of confidence. You've heard me about this fellow before. He's definitely a big league-caliber pitcher. I don't think he's a four-A guy. He's more than that. He just needs an opportunity."

On Garcia: This bit was interesting:

"When you were a young player like that when there was no analytics, video, and all this other stuff," Maddon said, "it took really a trip through the league once before people were really able to discern your weaknesses. From the very first moment he came here, in the very first game that he played, you could see that the other team had already scouted things that would've normally taken weeks, maybe months, to figure out. In return, he's already made some nice adjustments."

Looks like they are going to start to move him around soon:

A few hours before Wednesday's game against the Reds, infielder Robel Garcia was taking ground balls at third base at Wrigley Field. Maddon also noted that he wants Garcia -- primarily a second baseman -- to get some work in the outfield.

So what to take out of this.

Mills gets a start. And Joe hypes him up pre dead line. Fair enough. He would make a decent toss in to a team like KC who is in sell mode and will need parts.

Garcia Joe talks about moving him around. Took reps at 3B but went on record saying that he wants him to get work in the outfield. So what to make out of it? Maybe nothing or maybe they are looking at in-house answers.

The way I look at it we are at the 2 week til deadline point. SF has gone on record that they are still selling. I think that the Cubs should target Will Smith. .214/.233/.233 vs LHB. It is pretty much what you need. Tony Watson has reverse splits so that is not worth the deal.

as a cheaper option Jake Deikman: .200/.357/.244 He is more walk prone and that is why he comes at a cheaper cost.

If they address that issue for either player. Then you really have to look at what are you needing at the plate? I see it as a lead off.

Whit Merryfield should be the top target. The big reason why he will be traded in these next 2 weeks is Merrifield will be on the tail end of his prime by the time Kansas City is competitive again. I'm expecting a 4 year turn around for KC and they would be looking at that window.

A cheaper option is Eric Sogard. He might be a smarter option also to bring a LH bat to the lead off.

So I could see a few deals going down in the next 2 weeks and right now they are pushing Mills out there for these bottom dwellers to scout. And they are seeing if Garcia can play some OF to get a better idea going into Aug.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Adbert Alozolay left tonight's Iowa game with an apparent injury.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Imagine going a season and a half without winning a game at home.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Some interesting stuff at https://www.mlb.com/cubs/news/cole-hamels-throws-24-pitch-bullpen-session

Given the way the schedule works out, a fifth starter would be needed on Aug. 3 against the Brewers, providing a possible target date for Hamels' activation.

The Cubs will need a fifth starter for Tuesday's game in San Francisco and there is a chance that right-hander Alec Mills gets the call for that outing.

(Sales pitch?):

Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. "Listen, I have a lot of confidence. You've heard me about this fellow before. He's definitely a big league-caliber pitcher. I don't think he's a four-A guy. He's more than that. He just needs an opportunity."

On Garcia: This bit was interesting:

"When you were a young player like that when there was no analytics, video, and all this other stuff," Maddon said, "it took really a trip through the league once before people were really able to discern your weaknesses. From the very first moment he came here, in the very first game that he played, you could see that the other team had already scouted things that would've normally taken weeks, maybe months, to figure out. In return, he's already made some nice adjustments."

Looks like they are going to start to move him around soon:

A few hours before Wednesday's game against the Reds, infielder Robel Garcia was taking ground balls at third base at Wrigley Field. Maddon also noted that he wants Garcia -- primarily a second baseman -- to get some work in the outfield.

So what to take out of this.

Mills gets a start. And Joe hypes him up pre dead line. Fair enough. He would make a decent toss in to a team like KC who is in sell mode and will need parts.

Garcia Joe talks about moving him around. Took reps at 3B but went on record saying that he wants him to get work in the outfield. So what to make out of it? Maybe nothing or maybe they are looking at in-house answers.

The way I look at it we are at the 2 week til deadline point. SF has gone on record that they are still selling. I think that the Cubs should target Will Smith. .214/.233/.233 vs LHB. It is pretty much what you need. Tony Watson has reverse splits so that is not worth the deal.

as a cheaper option Jake Deikman: .200/.357/.244 He is more walk prone and that is why he comes at a cheaper cost.

If they address that issue for either player. Then you really have to look at what are you needing at the plate? I see it as a lead off.

Whit Merryfield should be the top target. The big reason why he will be traded in these next 2 weeks is Merrifield will be on the tail end of his prime by the time Kansas City is competitive again. I'm expecting a 4 year turn around for KC and they would be looking at that window.

A cheaper option is Eric Sogard. He might be a smarter option also to bring a LH bat to the lead off.

So I could see a few deals going down in the next 2 weeks and right now they are pushing Mills out there for these bottom dwellers to scout. And they are seeing if Garcia can play some OF to get a better idea going into Aug.

If you check out Garcia's Minor League Career, he played 176 games at 2nd Base, 104 games at 3rd and 47 at SS. This past season in Iowa he also had 6 games at First Base and 6 games in LF. So, he can be used around the field...

What I would like to see, even though Joe seems committed to alternating him at Russell, is leave the hot hand in. Garcia went 2-4 with that 2-run Homer and then the next game he is benched. Stay with the hot hand. Its next to impossible to get into a rhythm if you hit well one day and then don't play the next day.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If you check out Garcia's Minor League Career, he played 176 games at 2nd Base, 104 games at 3rd and 47 at SS. This past season in Iowa he also had 6 games at First Base and 6 games in LF. So, he can be used around the field...

What I would like to see, even though Joe seems committed to alternating him at Russell, is leave the hot hand in. Garcia went 2-4 with that 2-run Homer and then the next game he is benched. Stay with the hot hand. Its next to impossible to get into a rhythm if you hit well one day and then don't play the next day.
Devils advocate, but didn't Russell homer yesterday? So they were both hot for one game.