1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
1 run against Ivan Nova. WOOF.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Back down to 6 over 500..
How many games they on pace to win now 85-88 ????
15-19 since that big 8-2 home stand

This team a sinking ship, led by their captain Joe Maddon ???

choyne35

Liked Posts:

Yeah this team is playing like September of last year, not hitting and against a guy with an ERA over 6. Pathetic to score on the first pitch and nothing after that... the biggest need for this team is not bullpen help but a bat or 2. If we hit Nova like we should have then the bullpen could have given up 4 in the 9th tonight and still would have won comfortably

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Yeah this team is playing like September of last year, not hitting and against a guy with an ERA over 6. Pathetic to score on the first pitch and nothing after that... the biggest need for this team is not bullpen help but a bat or 2. If we hit Nova like we should have then the bullpen could have given up 4 in the 9th tonight and still would have won comfortably
I’m predicting a 7-0 loss tomorrow night with about 4 hits total, Lester will go 5 innings and give up 5 runs and the game will already be over in the 1st after Lester gives up a 2 run homer

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Quote on Cubs site on Baez. And IMO this is a major factor on the runs being down.

Baez's right heel, which flared up last month, may not be at 100%, but the shortstop insists it does not impact him in the batter's box. We can only take him at his word, but his downturn in production has lined up with when the problem came up. Dating back to May 18 -- one day before the heel pain forced Baez out of a game in Washington -- he's hit .212/.241/.423 for the Cubs. He was batting .330/.370/.615 prior to that.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Quote on Cubs site on Baez. And IMO this is a major factor on the runs being down.

Baez's right heel, which flared up last month, may not be at 100%, but the shortstop insists it does not impact him in the batter's box. We can only take him at his word, but his downturn in production has lined up with when the problem came up. Dating back to May 18 -- one day before the heel pain forced Baez out of a game in Washington -- he's hit .212/.241/.423 for the Cubs. He was batting .330/.370/.615 prior to that.
Ok but this offense should be much more than Baez when you have the Bryants’s and Rizzo’s and Schwarber’s and Contreras’ of the world and facing a guy they were familiar with that had an ERA over 6!

chibears55

Liked Posts:

That on management for not putting him on the IL and forcing him to rest and heal...

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Chicken Little

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The heel bothers Javy with lateral movement. Pretty sure that is the movement made to hit the ball. Do we really need a quote and a slide rule to figure out it is effecting his hitting?

Scherzer is probably going out to pitch tonight with a broken nose.

God forbid I say something about Lester "toughing it" thru injury.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
That on management for not putting him on the IL and forcing him to rest and heal...

Kind of dumb for the Cubs to take a PR bullet and keep Addison Russell around...then let Baez play through injury when Russell is available to step in at SS.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
1 run against Ivan Nova. WOOF.

I like how after stonewalling the Cubs in 2 starts, Peter Lambert got destroyed by the Padres in a 14-13 loss. Chili Davis must have been the convenient fall guy. I'm not the baseball expert like everyone else in this forum, but when you are constantly missing Ivan Nova's pitches with your swings, I think the issue is deeper than "we gotta work on our situational hitting".

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like how after stonewalling the Cubs in 2 starts, Peter Lambert got destroyed by the Padres in a 14-13 loss. Chili Davis must have been the convenient fall guy. I'm not the baseball expert like everyone else in this forum, but when you are constantly missing Ivan Nova's pitches with your swings, I think the issue is deeper than "we gotta work on our situational hitting".
Tremendous thought

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
This offense has been super frustrating from the start of the 2016 playoffs to now smh

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, the league finally got some film on the kid.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
D9cqrUrWkAA1HZi.jpg

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sorry for supplying content. Watching the Cubs bats struggle against junkballer Ivan Nova reminded me of how the Cubs struggled against Lambert.

There was history from his pirate day's going against these hitters.

Now I'm not going to make excuses for them. They should have crushed that game. But hats off to the quick yank after Bryant got on. That lefty is nasty and shut down a good O.