IST: Cubs @ White Sox

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And after a frustrating day and frustrating 6 week stretch, they will head to the All Star break in first.

Certainly could be worse.

Reds and Brewers lost. Cardinals scoreless through five.

By the way, I have noticed recently that on Cards' broadcasts they only update the Cubs score amd show highlights when the Cubs lose. They are so fucking childish it is embarrassing.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Don't criticize me for actually spending themoney on the MLB app rather than make excuses why I can't see a game I am making declarations about.
Ok I’m sorry. I didn’t see any of the game today you are right but I’m frustrated like the rest of this board. All I seen was they scored 1 run and none off the guy with an ERA close to 6! If this team could hit with men on then they probably would be about 15 games over but instead they are letting the whole division stay in it and the cardinals are right there too, can’t forget about them. Last year the cardinals got hot after the break all the way into the first of September

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs can’t even beat the White Sox.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
And after a frustrating day and frustrating 6 week stretch, they will head to the All Star break in first.

Certainly could be worse.

Reds and Brewers lost. Cardinals scoreless through five.

By the way, I have noticed recently that on Cards' broadcasts they only update the Cubs score amd show highlights when the Cubs lose. They are so fucking childish it is embarrassing.

Does the division even matter? Are you happy backing your way into the playoffs? Whoever plays the Cubs will smash their brains in.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Does the division even matter? Are you happy backing your way into the playoffs? Whoever plays the Cubs will smash their brains in.
Well, that may happen if they get there, but I still want them to get there.

Why would I not want them to reach the playoffs? Who knows who's going to be playing at their best come October.

And even if they get beat in the first series, how is it more fun to watch them NOT win the division?

Is this really a serious question?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I want them to win their division and reach the playoffs.

How in Christ's name is that "backing in"????????

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Are you happy backing your hand into your wife's face? I won't even touch the smashing brains in comment.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Garcia should play every day.

Seems like he is always doing something. 2BB 2HR

If/When Alzolay returns for the open rotation spot it is a good time to DFA Descalso.

Last edited:

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Well, that may happen if they get there, but I still want them to get there.

Why would I not want them to reach the playoffs? Who knows who's going to be playing at their best come October.

And even if they get beat in the first series, how is it more fun to watch them NOT win the division?

Is this really a serious question?
I want them to win their division and reach the playoffs.

How in Christ's name is that "backing in"????????
Winning the division by default since the whole division is very mediocre and then getting exposed in the first round to a superior team
Garcia should play every day.

Seems like he is always doing something. 2BB 2HR

If/When Alzolay returns for the open rotation spot it is a good time to DFA Descalso.
so are major changes coming? Heard Theo is being proactive with talks. Any idea who won’t be on the roster in the next 3 weeks?

choyne35

Liked Posts:
So, why did you mention that you have wealthy relatives when someone asked about you?
I don't describe myself by bringing up relatives.
You're a tool.
it was said since he thinks he knows me and he has no idea that I’m doing just fine and will continue doing just fine in the future.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Winning the division by default since the whole division is very mediocre and then getting exposed in the first round to a superior team

so are major changes coming? Heard Theo is being proactive with talks. Any idea who won’t be on the roster in the next 3 weeks?

I would guess they would sit on the roster until they need a 5. Then promote Alzolay. The bump would be Garcia if he tanks. If he continues this run I see Descalso out. Joe is not even going to him anymore and it becomes a easy choice. Then when Hamels returns demote Alzolay til Sept.

As far as trade targets I'm not sure honestly. If Zo returns this line up becomes complete.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
I would guess they would sit on the roster until they need a 5. Then promote Alzolay. The bump would be Garcia if he tanks. If he continues this run I see Descalso out. Joe is not even going to him anymore and it becomes a easy choice. Then when Hamels returns demote Alzolay til Sept.

As far as trade targets I'm not sure honestly. If Zo returns this line up becomes complete.
I just read over on the cubsHQ site that the cubs sent a scout to nationals park yesterday to check out Merrifield and that in the off-season the cubs and giants talked about trading happ, heyward and a prospect for both Watson and Will Smith and wondered what it would take now if they were to entertain that idea again.
I think Zobrist would be rusty as hell for awhile if he came back and who is to say he wouldn’t still
Be bothered by the divorce and that his head and heart wouldn’t be into that much. Zo already was struggling pretty bad this year and Whit has been very good all year, to me he’s a much better and cheaper option than Zobrist plus he’s not a rental

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
All that matters is getting into the playoffs. Many superior teams have lost in the playoffs. What a stupid comment

Stupid post. Teams with stud pitchers are capable of upsets. Giants have done this a few times. Cubs lack those pitchers. And they also have a lineup that gets iced by quality pitching since all our guys just love to swing for the fences.

If the Cubs somehow manage to back their way into the playoffs, they will be sent packing very quickly just like in 2018.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Stupid post. Teams with stud pitchers are capable of upsets. Giants have done this a few times. Cubs lack those pitchers. And they also have a lineup that gets iced by quality pitching since all our guys just love to swing for the fences.

If the Cubs somehow manage to back their way into the playoffs, they will be sent packing very quickly just like in 2018.

RISP has been their heel

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I just read over on the cubsHQ site that the cubs sent a scout to nationals park yesterday to check out Merrifield and that in the off-season the cubs and giants talked about trading happ, heyward and a prospect for both Watson and Will Smith and wondered what it would take now if they were to entertain that idea again.
I think Zobrist would be rusty as hell for awhile if he came back and who is to say he wouldn’t still
Be bothered by the divorce and that his head and heart wouldn’t be into that much. Zo already was struggling pretty bad this year and Whit has been very good all year, to me he’s a much better and cheaper option than Zobrist plus he’s not a rental

I'm pretty sure the asking price for Wit is Alzolay and Nico or Amaya.

I would pass. The only exception is that they give Hamels a retirement deal and there is no rotation slot to give. Then it is justifiable.

On the lefties. Hard pass. Giving up prospects for a pen arm is stupid. I doubt any one is standing in line for Happ. Maybe as a payroll dump like Choo.

I would just play Garcia every day. Maybe test him some at RF. From the info I've seen 2B is passable. 3B is leaky. OF not enough reps to get a idea.

But right now the biggest cavities have been Russell and Almora. With Bote moving Bryant and Garcia it closes those holes and allows for D upgrades later game.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yep, pack it up. We are at the all star break and the team is done for completely. They better not make those playoffs. They need the higher draft position. Tremendous