IST, Cubs @ Wrigley North Brewers

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Do you think telling them they suck after a loss is going to be a game changer? What's going on with this team is just mind boggling. At some point, players just have to perform.

No. I want the player to goto the coach and do some video room work and review the game and instill in their minds the bitterness of the loss. That way it is firm in their minds on how distasteful it really is.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think telling them they suck after a loss is going to be a game changer? What's going on with this team is just mind boggling. At some point, players just have to perform.
Nope, you need dat fire. These grown men respond to over emotional nut jobs.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No. I want the player to goto the coach and do some video room work and review the game and instill in their minds the bitterness of the loss. That way it is firm in their minds on how distasteful it really is.

Don't you think that's more on the player then? I don't think there's really any quick fix because it's hard to really point at something and say, "there, that's the issue that needs to be fixed." I just don't know if it's something the managers are doing, or if we have higher expectations for a lot of these players that they just aren't going to meet. Schwarber, for instance, looks like a bust. But we still expect him to be this huge HR/run producer. Maybe he just is what he is. Same thing with Russell. Maybe they just aren't as great as we thought.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fuck yeah! Maybe if I keep talking shit about him, he'll perform.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Don't you think that's more on the player then? I don't think there's really any quick fix because it's hard to really point at something and say, "there, that's the issue that needs to be fixed." I just don't know if it's something the managers are doing, or if we have higher expectations for a lot of these players that they just aren't going to meet. Schwarber, for instance, looks like a bust. But we still expect him to be this huge HR/run producer. Maybe he just is what he is. Same thing with Russell. Maybe they just aren't as great as we thought.

Players have good and bad games.

The things that can be controlled are playing time. If a player screws up and doesn't learn from it. Or strikes out 5 times and doesn't go and review video to see how that team attacked that game and then work on closing that weakness in the cage. Well he deserves a off day.

I know if I got made that day I would be in the cage working on attacking that lacking.

Say I can't get to up and in pitches. Then go into the cage and get a diet of them to adapt to it.

That is what it takes to get better. No it is ok mama stuff.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Honestly, it sounds to me like you're grasping at straws to put it on Joe. And I'm not saying it is or isn't, I know his in game management definitely deserves some blame. I really don't think it's as simple as reviewing tape and more batting practice.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wow, ump made some bad calls there.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, it sounds to me like you're grasping at straws to put it on Joe. And I'm not saying it is or isn't, I know his in game management definitely deserves some blame. I really don't think it's as simple as reviewing tape and more batting practice.
Players have iPads in the dugout to review pitchers during game. They study film on flights and in hotels and meetings. Saying anything different is just not correct from anyone.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Someone already mentioned something like "watch the cubs explode for runs this game and then revert back to losing 2 of 3" or something to that nature. But christ, Ill take a 15 to 2 win today. Anything for a spark.

And hell yeah Schwarbs! I called that with my son as my witness.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Im still reeling fron last night. What wasted efforts from Hendo and Lester. Let's get some runs Cubs! fuckers

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Schwarber!!!!!!!!!!!!

ijustposthere