Donator
Liked Posts:
D7QkISTXkAA04Zv.jpg

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No Bryant

On another note, Strop says he feels great and is ready to go. He will throw this weekend and probably go for a brief rehab assignment then come back.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bote will move over to 2B at some point during the game after Bryant pinch hits. Descalso can't be in the game an entire 9 innings.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Len and JD had the complete opposite take from you. They say having him only go one inning is what is allowing him to succeed. He got in trouble as a starter because he continuously allowed runners on and they eventually got to him. He has such good stuff that he can get away with it in shorter outings over long outings.

IDK about that.

Normally a BP arm will come in with runners on. Having A walk prone pitcher in the pen limits how you can utilize him.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Bote will move over to 2B at some point during the game after Bryant pinch hits. Descalso can't be in the game an entire 9 innings.

Ugh at Descalso playing. He had some awesome BABIP luck at the beginning of the year and was able to float the leadoff spot for a while, but he's just so exposed now. He's a replacement-level player.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No Bryant

On another note, Strop says he feels great and is ready to go. He will throw this weekend and probably go for a brief rehab assignment then come back.

Ya. I saw something more interesting.

Alozay pitched game 1 of a DH. Write up was:

Making his second start of the season with Iowa, Adbert Alzolay claimed his first win after allowing one run on three hits through 5.0 frames. He struck out six without walking a batter.

Well now this could ending up a nice solve if he is 100% back. He would have been on the team already if he wasn't shut down last year. Already on the 40 man and he has the talent to stick.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Man some of the dudes in Iowa really have me confused as we plow toward July. Cubs signed Phillip Evans to a minor league deal in the offseason. He was a former prospect who's probably a utility guy if he ever sticks in the majors. But the dude is hitting fucking .286/.429/.476(131 wRC+) with 17.4%/10.9% bb/k rates and a .190 ISO. Someone surely is going to see that and take a chance on this guy. Cubs really don't have room for him in the infield and he's probably best at 2B. Dixon Machado is another similar story. I don't believe he has as much prospect pedigree as Evans but the guy is a decent short stop and he's hitting .248/.413/.456(122 wRC+) with 20.0%/18.1% bb/k and .208 ISO.

I'm under no delusions here that either guy gets you a big time piece but I mean there's probably MLB teams out there right now who could start those two at SS and 2B. I have to imagine both together gets you at least something as good as Kintzler.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Oh I should also probably mention Robel Garcia in that iowa group too. He's hitting .289/.347/.511(107 wRC+) in a short stint at AAA. Cubs have really found a bunch of talent with their minor league signings.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Man some of the dudes in Iowa really have me confused as we plow toward July. Cubs signed Phillip Evans to a minor league deal in the offseason. He was a former prospect who's probably a utility guy if he ever sticks in the majors. But the dude is hitting fucking .286/.429/.476(131 wRC+) with 17.4%/10.9% bb/k rates and a .190 ISO. Someone surely is going to see that and take a chance on this guy. Cubs really don't have room for him in the infield and he's probably best at 2B. Dixon Machado is another similar story. I don't believe he has as much prospect pedigree as Evans but the guy is a decent short stop and he's hitting .248/.413/.456(122 wRC+) with 20.0%/18.1% bb/k and .208 ISO.

I'm under no delusions here that either guy gets you a big time piece but I mean there's probably MLB teams out there right now who could start those two at SS and 2B. I have to imagine both together gets you at least something as good as Kintzler.

I've gotten to the point that I look at who they protect on the 40 man on who they value.

Wick was a interesting arm that they traded Vosler for. Evans is Vosler's replacement at 3B. With Bote signed to that deal there will be no journeyman types at his positions.

That is my main take on this.

Now I do believe that they will push Alozay into the pen if it becomes apparent that he can help this year while getting his feel wet for next year in the rotation. Add to it I could see them bumping up ODLC to Iowa to back fill. Again the 40 man holds priority.

I would say the same with Steel if he rebounds this year. As of right now I'm looking at him as I did with Clifton when he fell from Grace.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I brought it up the other day and will say it again. Contreras catches balls like an asshole sometimes. He tries to catch pitches like that all the time and he continually misses them and wont change.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, not a great start.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol The Nationals bullpen is absolute trash. I have never seen a bullpen that bad before in my life. Just allowed another 3 run home run to lose the lead.

The Pirates were up 8-0 and the Rockies are coming back. Lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lester has nothing working except his changeup. May be an L today.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know what his stats say but my memory banks are telling me Lester is a better pitcher at night.......seems like they pick up his pitches better in the daylight.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Contreras with another seed to first and Delscalso cant handle it. Why? No reason. Contreras does this.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welp, today is done. Another run because the Cubs cant make the routine plays.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, this got out of hand early.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lulz, 2 run homer. We are getting pounded. Contreras ridiculous throw to first on a bunt cost us 3 runs.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lulz, 2 run homer. We are getting pounded. Contreras ridiculous throw to first on a bunt cost us 3 runs.

Did not see it, just heard he ran out to the mound to make the throw, no blame to Lester for not fielding it?