Its time to move on--- too many good college QBs to be patient for this shit show

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
Just look at Baker Mayfield, Murry at Zona ...PACE whiffed again!! Glennon, Mariota, and Trubisky---yes He tried like a fool to trade up for Mariota
Any way you look at it...Pace is a fucking disaster at QB evaluation!!

Time to move on from Trubisky---just stop he needs more time. He sucks!!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It does appear that he is bad at evaluating QBs.

I am not sure what we do about that? Do we allow him to draft another QB and spend 2-3 developing them?

I do not think they will look at QBs in 2020, maybe a better veteran to compete, but if one is there at any of their picks I would seriously consider it.

We cannot wait 5 years for Mitch to "fully develop" into an average QB.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
GatorLandMike? Or CaimanTierraFL?

Lol.

Anyway, I'm a Trubisky skeptic (have been for a long time) and he still has time. Not much, but there's still time. We definitely don't need to be thinking about extensions or picking up his 5th year option. If we dumped him after this season it would only cost us 9-10MM, so that's not too bad. But that's not happening. Better to keep him for another year and groom his own replacement....compete for the job with the new guy...be it a vet or a draftee.

Trubisky's going to be here for awhile, so I'm really hoping he gets better. He'll have a few good games, and some of our posters will jump back on the wagon, but I gotta see a string of several good games. Ppl who were predicting 30 TDs and 4,000 yards....he's gotta get 2 TDs a game from now on with no misses or have a few 4 and 5 TD games.

That's where we're at right now. I read that Trevor Lawrence won't be walking the draft stage until at least spring 2021. We'll have a first round pick then, but we won't be a shitty of enough team to draft him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
GatorLandMike? Or CaimanTierraFL?

Lol.

Anyway, I'm a Trubisky skeptic (have been for a long time) and he still has time. Not much, but there's still time. We definitely don't need to be thinking about extensions or picking up his 5th year option. If we dumped him after this season it would only cost us 9-10MM, so that's not too bad. But that's not happening. Better to keep him for another year and groom his own replacement....compete for the job with the new guy...be it a vet or a draftee.

Trubisky's going to be here for awhile, so I'm really hoping he gets better. He'll have a few good games, and some of our posters will jump back on the wagon, but I gotta see a string of several good games. Ppl who were predicting 30 TDs and 4,000 yards....he's gotta get 2 TDs a game from now on with no misses or have a few 4 and 5 TD games.

That's where we're at right now. I read that Trevor Lawrence won't be walking the draft stage until at least spring 2021. We'll have a first round pick then, but we won't be a shitty of enough team to draft him.

Agreed, Mitch will be here in 2019 and 2020.

But I think his days of being the unquestioned QB are probably over or close to over. I would add a veteran and a mid round pick in 2020 and make him earn the job. Maybe we get lucky and the mid round guy turns into a player. If not we reload for 2021.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

I am not sure what we do about that? Do we allow him to draft another QB and spend 2-3 developing them?

I do not think they will look at QBs in 2020, maybe a better veteran to compete, but if one is there at any of their picks I would seriously consider it.

With this defense, they should really look at finding their "Nick Foles" for next year and make Trubisky compete for his job. For crying out loud this truly is a SB defense that only needs a 10, 11, 12th ranked QB. Andy Dalton could win a SB with this team.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I think the big difference this go around when drafting/signing qb will be similar to rb position. Naggy will have at least 50% of the say in how they go forward at the position. If how they changed the rb position from naggy year 1 to 2 is any indication I can’t see trubisky being anything more than our qb of last resort cause there just isn’t anyone better to get

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
With this defense, they should really look at finding their "Nick Foles" for next year and make Trubisky compete for his job. For crying out loud this truly is a SB defense that only needs a 10, 11, 12th ranked QB. Andy Dalton could win a SB with this team.
Jay Cutler could as well.

It would never happen but I would call him and ask him his situation.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler could as well.

It would never happen but I would call him and ask him his situation.

I don't want to start WWIII on this board, but I think you're right. Even Jay Cutler could win a SB with this defense.

• Wow
Reactions: DC

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't want to start WWIII on this board, but I think you're right. Even Jay Cutler could win a SB with this defense.

Cutler had a top tier talent, this lost kid can only dream to be half as talented as Jay

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bears were always competitive with Cutler when the defense was actually good. 2010, 11, 12. And that included Tice and Martz calling plays who are way worse than Nagy. In fact, if the Bears had a good defense in 2015 with Gase, the Bears would have been good. That was Cutler's best year IMO.

This D with Cutler could win the Super Bowl and I don't care what anyone says.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Biggest mistake this offseason was not getting many reps in preseason for Mitch. After the dud in the playoffs, you should have had Mitch on the field in live action to build up some confidence. 1st game should have been a series, 2nd a quarter, and the 3rd an entire half just like it generally has been. Nagy failed Mitch this offseason. Guys get injured off the field as well so I don't buy this let's prevent injury excuse. You play to win or don't bother showing up.

In addition, Mitch started 1 season in college when most QBs getting selected in the 1st round are 3-4 year starters. Mitch has always been way behind on the learning curve. Since the NFL regular season is 16 games, you don't have time to throw games away because you're afraid of the preseason.

Bottomline is that the Denver game is the most important game of Mitch's career up to this point. Another stinker will cause a snowball effect, and the season could be over before it started.

If you're making a switch, it has to be a trade for a veteran QB. Defense's window will have closed by the time you can get another rookie QB up to speed especially since the Bears don't have a 1st round pick until the 2021 draft.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Biggest mistake this offseason was not getting many reps in preseason for Mitch. After the dud in the playoffs, you should have had Mitch on the field in live action to build up some confidence. 1st game should have been a series, 2nd a quarter, and the 3rd an entire half just like it generally has been. Nagy failed Mitch this offseason. Guys get injured off the field as well so I don't buy this let's prevent injury excuse. You play to win or don't bother showing up.

In addition, Mitch started 1 season in college when most QBs getting selected in the 1st round are 3-4 year starters. Mitch has always been way behind on the learning curve. Since the NFL regular season is 16 games, you don't have time to throw games away because you're afraid of the preseason.

Bottomline is that the Denver game is the most important game of Mitch's career up to this point. Another stinker will cause a snowball effect, and the season could be over before it started.

If you're making a switch, it has to be a trade for a veteran QB. Defense's window will have closed by the time you can get another rookie QB up to speed especially since the Bears don't have a 1st round pick until the 2021 draft.

Nagy's first mistake was not playing the starters in preseason. The 2nd mistake will be refusing to run the ball more against Denver. I just have this feeling he's going to be stubborn about it and keep on with the pointless Cohen screens to run outta bounds for a 2 yard gain.

I don't know why, but I think he's going to be stupid about running more.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Well let's not go crazy here...

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would agree with the “there is still time” people. But I think that time is limited to this year. If MT still looks this bad at the end of the year, it is time to look at other options.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Nagy's first mistake was not playing the starters in preseason. The 2nd mistake will be refusing to run the ball more against Denver. I just have this feeling he's going to be stubborn about it and keep on with the pointless Cohen screens to run outta bounds for a 2 yard gain.

I don't know why, but I think he's going to be stupid about running more.

I agree. If Mitch throws 45+ passes against fangio, 20+ of them could be intercepted....including one im sure Nagy will have Sowell throw.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Let Nagy pick the QB. Nagy can better evaluate which QB can actually execute his system.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Well let's not go crazy here...

Things could get better when Burton gets back.

But it seems to me all the trickery, and play-to-play personnel changes, different line looks....is confusing our guys more than the defense.

Opposing defenses can forget about all the trickery, focus on Cohen screens and Trubisky running...and shut down about 65% of the offense...lol. At that point all you have to worry about is Trubisky making a great throw, which doesn't happen but about twice a half.