@ Jackets

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
While I'm not sure winning was the best thing here. Man did they need one like that. Great comeback. Outplayed in the first well played second. Would have sucked to not get rewarded and toews literally juked the goalie out of his crotch.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice for Lehner to finally win a shoot out after an excellent game to that point. The problem is....he didn't stop a single shot in the shoot out. But hey, you gotta start somewhere. :)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Holy smokes. They came back and won it? Damn.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
Glad the Hawks won but why are the Hawks constatly playing the chasing games with faster teams (which are most) and not coming out hitting to slow them down. Is this the coach's doing or the players. The Hawks are almost as slow as molasses or at least seem to be unless they are a very lazy team. They cannot skate with 90% of the teams as they are too slow and need to come out each game aggressive and hitting. Most games they look like a bunch of cowards chasing the puck and scared to death to hit and knock a player off the puck. Why can't they keep playing like they did against the Avalanche in the 3rd period of that game.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll take it.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I'm not sure winning was the best thing here. Man did they need one like that. Great comeback. Outplayed in the first well played second. Would have sucked to not get rewarded and toews literally juked the goalie out of his crotch.

?

Glad to see Lehner get a shootout win. He deserved it.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:

They are difficult to figure out. Lost 7-1 to the Devils after winning vs the Avs and now this win.

I am a bit torn here. Is it better to miss the playoffs again instead of just making the last spot and get eliminated in the first round ?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Glad the Hawks won but why are the Hawks constatly playing the chasing games with faster teams (which are most) and not coming out hitting to slow them down. Is this the coach's doing or the players. The Hawks are almost as slow as molasses or at least seem to be unless they are a very lazy team. They cannot skate with 90% of the teams as they are too slow and need to come out each game aggressive and hitting. Most games they look like a bunch of cowards chasing the puck and scared to death to hit and knock a player off the puck. Why can't they keep playing like they did against the Avalanche in the 3rd period of that game.

You pretty much described what every team was trying to do who were not using the Q hawks blueprint for success during the three cup run. Now all teams are following that mold. Hawks could not hit back then because they always had the puck. Gilbert is changing the hitting thing single handedly, and as far down as the hawks have gone on the injury and concussion front, the ones that were in Shaw and Jewels are both concussed. They have to play smart so we never have to play 20 against 19 again

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are difficult to figure out. Lost 7-1 to the Devils after winning vs the Avs and now this win.

I am a bit torn here. Is it better to miss the playoffs again instead of just making the last spot and get eliminated in the first round ?
It's a bit complicated.

From a rebuilding standpoint, missing the playoffs is better. To my knowledge, unless the 'hawks win the central or make the conference finals, they will have pick 16-23 depending on their point total vs. the other playoff losers. The the best they could hope for is slot 16. If they miss, they're in the draft lottery--that makes it slightly better because they could still have a very remote chance of picking slots 1-3 vs 100% pick 16 or worse. But in general the worse they do the better their shot of drafting higher.

From a development stance playing in the playoffs--even if they get beaten and embarrassed like the 2017 'hawks, could do a lot for the development of guys like Debrincat, Strome, Dach, Boqvist, etc. Also helping would be the experience of guys like Toews, Kane, Keith, etc. A taste of the ramped-up competition could help and there's always that outside chance they go deeper than expected.

Personally, I think they should just play out the season as-is and not intentionally tank it.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
The real question of course is how does one intentionally tank a season? Does the front office tell guys like Toews and Kane to play half pace? Do they tell Vezina finalist goaltender Lehner to just let pucks get through intentionally? lol. Good luck trying to sign future free agents on team friendly 1 year deals when word like that gets around.

Athletes are competitive by nature, the last thing they think about is intentional tanking (I understand thats difficult to comprehend gulping down your dominos pizza behind the keyboard) lol.

The way teams move up the draft boards is just by playing a shit ton of inexperienced 1st and 2nd year players and let them learn the ropes. Hint: the blackhawks are doing that. Dach, Gilbert, Boqvist, Nylander, Highmore, Quennville, Kubalik etc. Unfortunately for intentional Tank fans most of them are playing well. Kubalik is already in talks for the Calder Trophy (rookie of the year).

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It's a bit complicated.

From a rebuilding standpoint, missing the playoffs is better. To my knowledge, unless the 'hawks win the central or make the conference finals, they will have pick 16-23 depending on their point total vs. the other playoff losers. The the best they could hope for is slot 16. If they miss, they're in the draft lottery--that makes it slightly better because they could still have a very remote chance of picking slots 1-3 vs 100% pick 16 or worse. But in general the worse they do the better their shot of drafting higher.

From a development stance playing in the playoffs--even if they get beaten and embarrassed like the 2017 'hawks, could do a lot for the development of guys like Debrincat, Strome, Dach, Boqvist, etc. Also helping would be the experience of guys like Toews, Kane, Keith, etc. A taste of the ramped-up competition could help and there's always that outside chance they go deeper than expected.

Personally, I think they should just play out the season as-is and not intentionally tank it.
If the Hawks make the playoffs Stan gets signed, so I do not want this team making the playoffs. management and the coach need to go, people are getting blinded by the Hawks topsy turney play of late. Let’s not be fooled, this is not a good team.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The real question of course is how does one intentionally tank a season? Does the front office tell guys like Toews and Kane to play half pace? Do they tell Vezina finalist goaltender Lehner to just let pucks get through intentionally? lol. Good luck trying to sign future free agents on team friendly 1 year deals when word like that gets around.

Athletes are competitive by nature, the last thing they think about is intentional tanking (I understand thats difficult to comprehend gulping down your dominos pizza behind the keyboard) lol.

The way teams move up the draft boards is just by playing a shit ton of inexperienced 1st and 2nd year players and let them learn the ropes. Hint: the blackhawks are doing that. Dach, Gilbert, Boqvist, Nylander, Highmore, Quennville, Kubalik etc. Unfortunately for intentional Tank fans most of them are playing well. Kubalik is already in talks for the Calder Trophy (rookie of the year).
Don’t have to tell Toews to play half pace I think he has mastered that over the years.?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Hawks make the playoffs Stan gets signed, so I do not want this team making the playoffs. management and the coach need to go, people are getting blinded by the Hawks topsy turney play of late. Let’s not be fooled, this is not a good team.
That's the major negative...and unfortunately all I see is us treading water if that happens.

On one hand, I don't want to force a tank--that's just not good hockey and not the message to send to the Dach's and Boqvists.

On the other hand 2 decent wins in a row is not enough to convince me that Lehner, Gilbert, and Kane will save the team from it's own Team D. I think we are where we were last year--so I still think that it's all moot. The real question is whether or not losing Seabrook buys Stan time. I hope not.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
bluejackets lost their goalie. Crawford for a 1st round pick. DO IT!

blackpep72

Liked Posts:

That is my big problem with making the playoffs. Sure the young players get some experience but most likely that means SB will be here for much longer.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
That is my big problem with making the playoffs. Sure the young players get some experience but most likely that means SB will be here for much longer.

I have no clue why Bowman is hated so much here when in fact the worst GM / President by far in Chicago sports is Theo Epstein.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I have no clue why Bowman is hated so much here when in fact the worst GM / President by far in Chicago sports is Theo Epstein.

When Theo got here, what was his blueprint? Develop position players, buy pitching. Then he went out and bought Heyward. He can not sign free agents to save his life. The Arizona fire sale handed him that Boston title. When it was over, he made terrible decisions on free agents. There and here. Last year he needed the intensity the Brewers showed in 2018, the cut throat mentality of every game matters. He never got it. Did not have the balls to fire Maddon.

I guess that was part of the difference, Bowman showed the balls to move on from Q.

Bowman seems to have absolutely no interest in developing players. If you cant make it your first year, you will be considered a bust. Saad, Panarin, Crawford made it and stayed here. Then if they did not take a bridge, they were shipped out for betterans. We had 4 top defensive prospects and he goes out and locks up 5 D men betterans til 2023. The one guy on nobodies radar has been the difference maker.

Rocky needs to say no to spending this new found cap money by shipping these kids out. Look at them all out there, Vinnie, Schmaltz, Danault, Nordstrom, Hammer, Joker. Look at the incredible finds and wins he had. Signing Panarin, the first Nick Leddy trade for Cam Barker, huge fucking wins, then gone. Panarin gone after getting the deal. Offering Seabroke more money than Keith was just insane, especially after the jettison of Brian Campbell because he was signed to a bigger deal than keith..

Look at the complete fuck ups of Trevor Daley who just flat out never fit, bringing old Oduya back, you can even argue last year taking Krueger back when we had in house guys like Nordstrom and Danault just perfect to have replaced him.

Its shaping up to be time for both of them to pay.